.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Time alone

I've been off work since Friday at 6 p.m. Two whole days in a row, an actual weekend. I'd not had a day off in 7 days, so I was happy to have it! Also, Charlie left Friday evening to go with his dad to an air show in west Texas and got home tonight (Sunday) around 9 p.m. I started missing Charlie on Saturday, but my being happy for him to get away and hoping he was having fun outweighed my missing him.

As much as I love being alone, I don't like being lonely. By the time Charlie got home tonight, I was lonely. I have two more years with Charlie before he graduates and I hope they go by very, very slowly.

I'm not sure I know who I'll be yet when I don't have a child at home anymore.

13 Comments:

Blogger DaBich said...

"I'm not sure I know who I'll be yet when I don't have a child at home anymore."
Silly girl, you'll be YOU. Just like you are now...only a bit better, as you get better every day. You're a work in progress. God's not done with you yet :)

9:51 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

Then you go goof off. Vegas in the afternoon, Paris for the weekend. Just have to find you a rich man that likes to travel. I hear Donald Trump may be looking. LOL.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Not so evil Shenanigans said...

Praise God for alone time. As long as there's not too much of it. I find myself always wanting time alone, but when I get it, I don't know what to do with myself. Given more alone time, I'm sure I could figure it out, but it just might not be as awesome as my mind makes it out to be:)

10:11 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

What a blessing time alone can be, but I totally understand the being lonely part.

Have you started subbing again too? And how is Casey doing? I hadn't heard an update on how his Freshman year started out.

12:43 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

dabich ~ There is a reason I love and adore you so much, and this is it.

tom ~ somehow, I don't think I'm his type. :(

shannon ~ exactly

michelle ~ I sub on my days off from the shop I work in. Thats why I've been working 7 days a week, but this week, they made my off days on the weekend. Yay for me, boo for the $$. :) Casey...all good, I'll update soon!

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Man upstairs always has a plan, so no need to worry what lies ahead.

But heck, deep down you already know this :)

10:38 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

Awww...don't go making me sniffle ;)

6:09 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

Wes ~ I know there is a plan, just going through a bit of identity crisis, lol.

dabich ~ I know you've been here before.

7:22 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

Yup...

6:42 AM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

I for one can't wait to see what God has in store for you once the kids are gone. I am totally staying tuned!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

You will be Kathi - Pampered Chef Party Organizer Extraordinaire. :)

8:49 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

I believe He's already begun teaching you! You know, with being more friendly and all. ;)

Seriously, He has a plan/destiny for your life that includes your children, but that's not the whole picture.

PS You have lots of work to do for the Kingdom!

1:39 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Sometimes we can have many people around us, yet still feel lonely. I agree with some of these comments, you have a lot of work ahead of you for God's house and He's definitely not done with you. I know that.

Love you!

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home