.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What's in a name?

This woman has tagged me again. :) Since I adore her, I'm doing it...though the very basis of it irritates me. My middle name.

The rule is to describe yourself with each letter of your middle name. Dang, Dabich...and you wouldn't even use your real middle name.

F ~ friendly. Yeah, it's a bigger surprise to me than it is to you. My best buddy, Katy, is probably gasping for air here. Sorry Sweetie, put your head between your knees and breathe deeply. I would never have described myself as friendly, ever. Others (including Katy) have told me that I am, and yet I've never believed them. However, with my job at the clothing store, I've learned that I honestly enjoy being friendly. I have met some great people, staff and customers, that I've become friends with and a couple of people I work with that I hope to become good friends with. I'm having a great time working around people, and if it didn't pay so little, I'd probably be content to stay there. Anyway...so F would stand for friendly. And for the record, that means that: The times they are a-changin'.

R ~ responsible. That's me. Who'd have thought? I've grown up a lot in the last year or so, and having to become a single parent in a matter of seconds, well...it was like diving into the deep end of responsibility. Going from having someone to bounce ideas off of, to having to make all decisions (every single one) by yourself...huge. And, sort of like the job thing, I found out that I'm good at it.

A ~ authentic. One hundred percent. Okay, I color my hair, so make that 99.99%, thank you very much for bringing that up!

N ~ nurturer. Hey, I'm a mom, a good mom at that, and getting better all the time!

C ~ CHRISTIAN. You bet'cha, and it's what defines me most.

I ~ imperfect. Sometimes all I can do is laugh at how imperfect I am, even when it isn't funny because crying never makes things better.

S ~ saved!! Since 1982 and never ever goin' back!

8 Comments:

Blogger DaBich said...

This is your favorite PITA checking in LOL. Great job on the tag. And I agree with all of your descriptions. Thanks for playing :)

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As an outsider looking in, I have a differing opinion on what defines you most. Yes, you are a Christian...and maybe even a sister Christian as that was a very good song. To me you are plain "Good People." I know it should be good person, but it sounds right when you say "good people." I would trust you with everything I hold dear in my heart, and you know I hardly trust anyone. Ok, I am done being nice again...lol.

5:50 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

dabich ~ I knew you'd get 'pita'...you're so much like me.

tom ~ babe.

6:40 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

tom has you pegged kathi lol

PITA is like me...old as dirt LOL!

4:48 AM  
Blogger Not so evil Shenanigans said...

I think you described yourself terrificly (sp?). I agree with every one of them - especially the friendly part.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

So can we all start calling you Fran?!!

6:47 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

dabich ~ really?

shannon ~ thank you, times have changed.

michelle ~ babe, you can call me anything you want. :)

7:36 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

"...diving into the deep end of responsibility."

Love it!

Personally, you're all this, and a BAG OF CHIPS! =)

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home