.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Friday, August 31, 2007

Choices

I live in state of gratitude. Sometimes it's not easy, but I refuse to move. I do have hiding places. Places I go when the world tries to bully me. I find safety there, I find comfort, I find a haven of peace and above all, love.
These places are within my mind, my heart and my soul. They are places only the spirit can go. I believe that the essence of who I am is my spirit. This shell that I reside in is temporary and, too often, frail. But, thank God, it is not what defines me.
I've been asked too many times to count over the years; how do I keep from worrying? I learned many, many years ago that worrying over something did not change the outcome, only the journey. The journey is 90% of our lives and I refuse to waste it. Worry never put money in my bank account, it never made someone love me and it never made me happier.
When I feel that I am under attack, as we all feel sometimes, I find my safe harbor on my knees. I give thanks for the many, many things I'm grateful for. By giving thanks, I am not only showing God my gratitude, but reminding myself that my blessings are many. I focus on the good in my life and refuse admittance to anything or anyone that does not give credence to that line of thinking. If it doesn't edify it destroys.

I pray you find your safe harbor.


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have my safe harbor. Its my friends

8:16 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

epsilonicus ~ you've got great friends.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

Great perspective! My safe harbor is the truth in knowing He has never failed me, and so I continue to follow Him.

PS I liked the video.

2:18 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

My safe harbor most times is in my hubby. Other times, it's like you, in contemaplating my blessings and not worrying about what can't be changed.
Another great post, thanks!

4:22 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

rosemarie ~ yup, that's a good one! I'm glad you liked it, I love that song.

dabich ~ I can remember feeling that way once too, I envy you that. :)

10:11 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

Kathi ~ I have no doubt it will come for you again. DOn't despair! Have faith :)

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home