.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Thursday, August 02, 2007

August 3rd

If I look back at my life (all that I can remember anyway, because for one reason or another... drugs, mental illness, whatever, there are huge, huge, chunks of my memory missing) these would be some of my favorite memories:

Breakfast flights on Sunday mornings with my dad. He and a bunch of his buddies would each fly their own plane somewhere to have breakfast and hang out for awhile and fly back to my dad's airport. Every now and then he'd take my sister and I with him. My sister and I hung out a lot at the airport growing up, 'helping' out, gassing planes and cleaning up, so all the men knew us pretty well. None of the men ever took their kids, my dad was the only one. It made us feel pretty special.

Watching shows like The Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits when I was little, with my cousins, at my Grandma Plummer's house late at night while the adults played cards in another room. We'd keep the lights off, sit all close together with our bedding on the floor, and make fun of each other when we'd scream.

Being the 'birthing coach' for my sister when she had my niece, Brooke. One of the most precious moments in my life.

All the years I bartended.

Challenging God to prove Himself real to me in 1982, and Him doing so.

Telling Mark I was pregnant with Casey.

The year I worked in the school cafeteria with Katy and Carol. Every day was more fun than the day before, thanks to Katy and Carol. We sang to the kids, we danced in the cafeteria and we became best friends. We were not your typical lunch ladies. I'd not trade that year for anything.

One of the last trips I made to Indiana before my dad died.

Every minute I've spent with my boys.

So far it's been a great life. Looking back, there are a few changes I'd make here and there...but if there was an iota of a chance that any of those changes would change any of the things I've mentioned here...then no, I'd not change a thing.

Friday is my birthday and it's gonna be a great year!

13 Comments:

Blogger 3carnations said...

Happy birthday to you, too! Way to have a very positive attitude! You're right - It is going to be a great year! :)

7:32 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Well happy birthday Kath!!! It's so rare to find somebody who is grateful for every memory---including the ones that may have seemed negative to us...yet they made us learn so much about life. I feel like I lived a similar life- being that I was a bartender for somewhat years. You really learn a lot by that alone!

I didn't know you flew with your dad and had the experience of what it's like to be apart of an airport and flying- that's awesome! I could only imagine the great memories that came along with it.

Thanks for sharing them with us! You're truly a blessing!

{{hugs}}

8:15 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

Happy Birthday to one of my favorite ladies! Here's to another wonderful year. And many more to come!
HUGZ!

8:48 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

3 c's ~ thank you, we were born a day (and many years) apart. :) Yup, positive attitude!!

deb ~ thank you sweetie! You're a blessing too! Hugs right back at'cha!

dabich ~ ahhhh, that really made me smile, thank you for saying that and yup, nothing but wonder in my years to come!! I'll agree and run with that for sure!
Hugs back at'cha.

8:56 AM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Gotta love the August birthdays!!! Adam is the 8th and I am the 29th (our neighbors are the 10th, 17th and 27th!)

I hope you have a wonderful day and I absolutely love the outlook on life!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Happy Birthday my sweet blogging friend!!! Those are wonderful memories, so thanks for sharing them with us. I know that you are gonna have a wonderful year ahead...I can just feel it!

So are you gonna tell us how old you are??!! :) Just jokin'.

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Let me tell everyone how old you are, PLEEEEEASE. The one thing I like about your Birthday is that your always going to be older than me. With your memory you never remember exactly how old I am, so every year I get younger and you get older. And the beauty of your aged memory is even after telling you all this next year I will get away with it again!
Have a great day at the movies with the boys ( Try to remember it so you can tell me about it later).

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Old Woman!!! I love and miss you very much!!!!!!!!!!

Staci
staci_rutherford@msn.com

2:37 PM  
Blogger 3carnations said...

Aw heck, I'll take a guess. 38?

3:21 PM  
Blogger GERBEN said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABE!!!

I hope you have a wonderful birthday and enjoy yourself!!!

4:37 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

lovelladro ~ it was a great day, and thanks! Peabert will be a Sept. or Oct. baby, whatever month, it'll rock too!

michelle ~ I adore you, you're one of the most special women I know and you've been such a blessing to my family, a wonderful example of Christ's love for us. Thank you for your good wishes and I agree with your feelings. And....nope, I'm not, lol.

katy ~ oh, hon, I'll remember this. You're right, I have no idea how old you are, I think you're about 5 years younger than me...not sure. All the great gifts you sent me MIGHT help me to faintly forget this comment. :) LOVE YOU, and THANK YOU...I love ALL my stuff!!!

staci ~ your comment was the best, and most unexpected, gift I could have imagined. The boys and I were so blessed to have read it. Thank you so much. I love and miss you too.

*side note to my blogger friends here, Staci is my sister*

3 c's ~ hon, I can't even remember my 30's. NO MORE GUESSING, lol, I'm afraid you'll get it right.

kidd ~ thank you darlin', I most definitely did!

6:12 AM  
Blogger prioritybooks said...

It's good to look back on life and have no regrets....it shows so much growth and to me appreciation. It is those life experiences that makes us special.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Believer said...

A selective memory by choice or design can be beneficial. You have great memories. I agree that if eliminating the hurtful experiences would change my life or me drastically, I wouldn't change a thing either.

2:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home