.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Nostalgia

I'd posted once about the way we taught the boys the meaning of Easter by hiding 'gifts' (passes) in their plastic eggs. Charlie would have all of his used by the end of the week, Casey would save his until he needed them.

Yesterday I asked Casey to give his room a good cleaning, as he's about to trade rooms with Charlie in a few weeks before he leaves for college. He brought these down.





















I guess since he's turned 18 and is soon to be on his own, he doesn't see much of a use for these anymore. There are a few years of passes here. It's actually a little sad for me.

A little later in the day, I asked Casey why his hat was on the kitchen counter, and he tells me to look inside his hat. At first, I don't see anything, then he tells me to look in the rim. A 'coin' is in the rim, covered in two sided tape. I honestly don't recognize it at first, but it does look a tad familiar. I asked him what it was and he told me to read it. On one side it's a football player.


















On the other side it says; With God, All Things Are Possible.




He said that I'd given him two of these a long time ago, one with the football player and another with a basketball player, which he still keeps upstairs. The one above he has covered in two sided tape and keeps it in the back rim of the cap he wears.

One special kid.

Oh, and then he handed me a pass for a foot rub. Wonder if he'd take a mercy pass from me? LOL, nah, I'll rub those size 14 feet with joy tonight.

16 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

SIZE 14????????? GEEZ! How sweet is he? And how sweet are you for the foot massage! I think the part about the coin is very special----touching really.

You're fortunate to have one another!

xxoo
Love to you all!

7:04 AM  
Blogger 3carnations said...

Those passes are a really cute idea. Good thing they didn't have expiration dates! ;)

Size 14? Wow, I thought hubby's size 13s were big!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I can't believe that he has so many left over!! I do love that idea so much too...just gonna have to remember to do it for my own kids come Easter.

Size 14!!!!! How hard is it for y'all to find shoes for him?

8:43 AM  
Blogger GERBEN said...

Girl you are just so blessed. Those boys of yours. I'm just lost for words.

2:43 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ yup, he and Charlie, both, have big feet. Must take after me, because they didn't get it from their dad. ;) Yeah, my kids constantly amaze me...I am blessed.

3 c's ~ I wanted to teach them about mercy and grace, even alot of adults don't know the meaning and Easter is the perfect time, being as that's what it's all about.

michelle ~ I KNOW! He's always been that way. The one time Casey punched me in the eye (aiming for Charlie and I was trying to break up the fight years ago) and we grounded him for the summer, he brought us the mercy pass, saying he knew he didn't deserve the grace for what he'd done.

kidd ~ thanks, your girls will bless you just as much, I know.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

Moms influence does make a difference!

My hubby has 13 size feet, but I don't offer to rub them.

I really like the idea of the passes and will have to incorporate that for Julia. Brilliant!

6:38 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

Of course it does, we're the only example they have of right and wrong, good or bad. The other night we had this family come into the clothing store I work in (3 women, 2 kids about 8 and 13, and a man). The women stayed with the kids asking lots of questions of us and keeping our attention off of the man. One of the staff caught the man filling a trash bag with clothes and took off running out of the store, leaving the bag. We took it to the back, while the women and the kids looked around the store for the bag and finally left. How sad is it that the kids are being taught how to steal? They apparently had a portable sensor remover, because they'd had all the sensors removed...so sad.

I wanted to teach my kids the meaning of mercy and grace and how God shows them to us, plus the gifts He gives us simply because He loves, not because we deserve them ~ like the foot and back rubs.

I did enjoy rubbing Casey's big ole' feet last night. After I rubbed his feet, he sat in my bed with me and watched t.v. It was a really special time.

7:56 PM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

wow - i can't believe that Casey leaves for college in a few weeks. time seems to be flying by! Casey sounds like one sweet boy... i can only hope my little man is as sweet as your 2!

7:30 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

lovelladro ~ Tell me about it! I catch myself just staring at him. Not to worry, peabert will give you give you unmeasureable joy!!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

Kathi see that is why I love you. You are such a thoughtful, caring and loving mother. I love the pass idea. Lady where did he get size 14? What are the teens eating today? (LOL)

11:16 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

rose ~ thank you, that meant a lot to me. About his size, I dunno, but he sure didn't get it from his dad.

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matthew 19:26.

My favorite verse, ever. Rock on!

9:04 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

wes ~ as always, I adore you.

12:10 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

I had the first inclination Deb had "SIZE 14!!! HOLY COW!" lol Do you know what they say about big shoes????

BIG SOCKS, of course! ;)

Another heart-warming story you shared with us, Kathi, thanks so much. You put a smile on my face !!

6:21 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

Oh, one other thing, you didn't mention what size shoe YOU wear! :P

6:22 AM  
Blogger Keasty said...

You're a lucky girl Kathi!
We are about to have a special time away at a resort and have invited our 3 grown kids to join us. As it turns out they can all make it for at least a bit of the time. Aren't kids neat eh? We are so blessed.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home