.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Pictures and Birthday Wishes

I'll be at a parent orientation for a couple of days at UNT, so I'm leaving y'all with a couple of pictures.

Casey and Haylie, after playing in some of our wonderful Texas rain:



















And some of the few mums I have left that my sweet friend, Katy, left me with before moving to Ohio, about 8 years ago. Can't believe they're blooming already.





















Wish me luck at UNT. I'll be around complete strangers, day and night, and let's not forget how very shy I am. Not looking forward to it, but it's mandatory. Why? No clue. Never heard of parents having to do this before. Lot's of 'parent socials', meeting with faculty and some UNT students, and staying in dorm rooms. Oh my. :)

OHHHHHH, I don't want to forget about this:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIKKI ~~ WE LOVE YOU GIRL !!!!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you'll work the room like a champ :)

12:05 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

Good luck...and relax and enjoy your trip!

5:37 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

wes ~ another reason I adore you...thank you.

dabich ~ thank you, and just 'breathe', right? :)

6:09 AM  
Blogger 3carnations said...

Good luck! I've never heard of it either, but I think it's great that they are getting the parents involved.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Margie said...

Hi Kathi
Thanks for your visit last week!
I'm doing good, just very busy!
We are spending as much time as possible with our son before he leaves for college in early August!

Our son's orienation was last week, but it was just a day thing...lasted about 8 hours.
Me and his dad went, but it was not mandatory.

Wishing you luck hun....you'll do fine!

What a nice picture...they look so happy!

Take care!

Margie

8:50 AM  
Blogger GERBEN said...

Good luck and just have fun! You will do fine. ((hug))

11:37 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

You'll be just fine- with that personality of yours?

The photos were great! Miss you!!!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hope that you are having a great time. I'm sure everyone thinks you're the coolest mom there!! :)

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW I got a card, an email, and a posted birthday wish on your blog!! You really do love me :) lol

Have fun at UNT!! I'm sure it won't be as bad as you think :)

1:37 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

everyone ~ it was worse than I'd imagined. It was awful...all my fault, of course, because I'm so crazy shy, but it was bloody hell for me. Sorry to disappoint.

nikki ~ hon, we really, really do!! :)

5:05 PM  
Blogger Johnnie Avocado said...

Good luck.....parent orientation? That just seems weird......the kids are the ones that need the help. Seems like they should be offering you and open bar to deal with the stress of paying for college:P

8:50 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

johnnie ~ At night, they did have an open bar for us!! Unfortunately, I'm an alcoholic and I couldn't partake...but I definitely wanted to!

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home