.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Tid Bits

The best toy in the world for a cat is a fly. It's also extremely entertaining watching four cats going after the same fly, which is pretty much invisible to us, making it all that much more entertaining.

I wonder if my divorce will ever become final. I can't get a call back from my attorneys, but occasionally they'll acknowledge a fax and will call, telling me I'll be getting my final papers in a few days to review, but I've been hearing this since February. Seriously, February. Mark and I have worked everything out by ourselves, all we need are papers to sign. If you ever need a good divorce attorney in Dallas, make sure and ask me for my attorney's name so you can mark them off your list of those to call.

Mark got Charlie a summer job at the company he works for, a pool company in Dallas. Charlie is working on one of their construction crews. It's hard physical labor, in our hot Texas weather, 11 - 12 hour days. Yesterday marked his first full week on the job, and I've yet to hear this kid complain. Comes home everyday exhausted, covered in dirt and sweat, but with a smile on his face. I'm so proud of this kid.

Our church has a few different campus' around the Dallas - Ft. Worth area, and opened one up in Miami about a year ago. Several of the leaders went there to get the campus up and going. Casey, volunteering at the church as much as he does, knows most all of them. The church has rented a U-Haul to take a lot of last years 'kids adventure week' props from our church in Plano to the campus in Miami and they have asked Casey to ride down with a couple of our assistant pastors that are driving it down. He's so excited. He can't help drive, because he'd have to be 21, but he's going to help since he helped build it all, he knows how everything needs to be done. They're leaving for Miami on Thursday and though the other guys going are flying back on Sunday, the Miami pastor has asked Casey to stay on for a few days, so he'll be flying back Tuesday or so. Thankfully, my good friend and neighbor is a flight attendant, so she's able to get him a buddy pass ticket to fly on. Casey has been wanting to visit this Miami campus since we opened it, so he is thrilled.
When he gets back from Miami, the church is paying his way ($475) to our teens summer camp in Keystone Colorado. They call it a camp, but they're staying in condos at one of Keystone's resorts. He'll be there for 7 days. Casey is so excited, and I'm so happy for him. God has blessed Casey greatly lately!

Charlie and I were watching some oldies on youtube last night. Janis Joplin (Cry), Otis Redding (Try A Little Tenderness) and a few others. Pretty cool being able to share this sort of stuff with your kid.

9 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Wow!!! You're boys amaze me with their attitudes and work ethic. My daughter complains if I ask her to make up her bed!!! :) Maybe it's just a girl thing...I think I was the same way.

I am so happy for Casey, getting to go on all of these trips. Colorado is so beautiful and is one of my favorite places to go and visit, even though it has been a long time since I have.

So what are you going to be doing this summer to keep busy???

7:57 AM  
Blogger Keasty said...

Hmmmm... it's gonna be different when you're officially divorced eh? Hope the paperwork doesn't take tooooo much longer Kathi.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Not so evil Shenanigans said...

Congrats on the summer job for Charlie and all the travelling for Casey. He's going to be a world traveller before long and good to know he has God in his life to keep him safe and on the right path.

It's so great to hear about your boys - I know you're so proud of them and so you should be - As Tony the Tiger would say - "They're GGGRRRREAT!"

9:28 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

You must be poud of your boys! As far as attorneys go----- RED TAPE CITY! It's ridiculous and exhausting to say the least.

It's time for me to pass my time with flies. Catch ya lata!

Love you! xxoo

9:35 AM  
Blogger 3carnations said...

How neat for Casey! Good for Charlie with the job. It sounds like your boys are keeping themselves productive and busy. Will you be getting a summer job, too?

9:52 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

michelle ~ we love Colorado. We were there in the Keystone Resorts for our last family vacation...December of 2005. LOVE IT!

keasty ~ just not holding my breath.

shannon ~ I am proud...I'm a really blessed mom.

kitty ~ I don't think I'd mind red tape if they'd just return a call!! Geeze, they get on my nerves! :)

3 c's ~ darlin', I've been trying to find a job for nearly a year...especially since Mark left. I've applied everywhere within 20 miles at least twice, and I'm beginning to wonder if I'd be open to relocate. I desperately want/need a job.

10:07 AM  
Blogger ~ Amanda X&O said...

Aren't flies the best? My favorite is when my two chase and swat at a fly for hours, then my big dog comes in, watches it, then CHOMP! No more fly. The cats sulk for an hour... lol


Awesome news about the stuff for the boys, sounds like they'll have a great summer.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Cats are so funny! Divorces are hard enough than to have to deal with lazy slow attorneys.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

Cats and flies make for great entertainment!

Someone needs to light a fire under this attorney's butt. Seriously!

Charlie is coming into manhood. A real working man doesn’t complain he just does it. You did something right...he's smilin' too!

Casey's ministry opportunities are wonderful news. He'll be blessed as well as those who benefit from his skill and labor.

They really are truly good kids. You hard work and sacrifice are paying off in the lives of your children. What a gift and a blessing to you!

PS I really like your catchy title “Tidbits.” I just changed my latest Random Thoughts to Bits & Pieces.

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home