.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Tagged - Top Five Favorite Places To Eat

The rules:
1. Add a direct link to your post below the name of the person who tagged you. Include the state and country you’re in.

Nicole (Sydney, Australia)
Velverse (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
LB (San Giovanni in Marignano, Italy)
Selba (Jakarta, Indonesia)
Olivia (London, England)
ML (Utah, USA)
J (California, USA)
CuriosityKiller (Hong Kong, SAR)
Shelli (Minnesota, USA)
Lynda (Indiana, USA)
Jennifer (Texas, USA)
Carly (Vancouver, Canada)
Vegas Princess (Nevada, USA)
Anne (Texas, USA)
Kathi (Texas, USA)

2. List out your top 5 favorite places to eat at your location:

1. Pappadeaux ~ my all time favorite restaurant. Shrimp Creole or the Pepper Shrimp with Bread Pudding with bourbon sauce for dessert. Mmmmmm, baby, doesn't get any better. The atmosphere is down home fun, nothing uptight or fancy. Though it may be a bit pricey, it's still my number one.

2. Pappasito's ~ yup, it's a member of the 'Pappa's', and the only reason it isn't my favorite is because it doesn't have as much seafood, but you can't beat it for TexMex. Same atmosphere, same sort of prices, but never ever had a bad meal there. The Riviera or the Seafood Enchilada's are the best!

3. Abuelo's ~ the Enchilada's de Cozumel are so good. Abuelo's isn't as casual as the 'Papa's', but it's excellent food.

4. Joe's Crab Shack ~ Jalapeno Crab Balls with Coconut Shrimp or the Crab Stuffed Shrimp. Yumm.

5. Pei Wei ~ Mandarin Kung Pao Shrimp (triple spicy) with Mandarin Orange Tea. Perfect.

I'm going to add a #6, just for dessert. :)

6. Ruby Tuesday ~ Chocolate Tallcake, which is...Layered chocolate cake, chocolate mousse and OREO cookies topped with caramel and chocolate sauces, vanilla Blue Bell ice cream and whipped cream. My most favorite dessert ever!

Now I'm starving. I don't like to tag, but if you do this, please let me know (you might want to do it on a full stomach).

9 Comments:

Blogger Read This said...

If it doesn't have a drive thru, then I'm not going.

4:43 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

tom ~ favorite places with a drive thru, Taco Bell and Panda Express

5:29 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Oh man..I havent been to Abuelos in forever. They have the best dessert nachos. Its so pretty in there. I had a really nice date there once.

Pei Wei would have been my number 6....

7:07 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

anne ~ I love Pasado's too, I know that was on your list. But for some reason, my kids don't like it so I can only go when I'm without them. That's not often. :)

10:08 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Yum...now you've made me hungry for Mexican food.

I also, love Joe's Coconut shrimp...man, now I want to eat those too!!!! :)

11:34 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

dessert...now that's good eating.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

Tommy won. Never doubt an Allred. I guess overachieving skips a generation, lol.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

I was hopin' for a snack in just a few, but now I'm ready for a full course. Damn!

Thanks for letting me know about Abuelo's. We have that here too and something I'll have to try next time mom comes for a visit and is treating. ;) Ya hear me!

I'd love to do this tag on a day when I'm not feelin' anything deep. Check out Tuesday's post. Leave a comment! I'm back and furiously posting. I feel energized and refreshed. Watch out blogsphere!

Miscellaneous Matters

2:43 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

Kathi...READ YOUR EMAIL...I have a prayer request...not kidding this time...thanks.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home