.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day Recap

I had a wonderful Mom's day. The boys made me banana pancakes with strawberries on top for breakfast. It was really sweet because they'd gone to the store earlier in the week and got the makings for them and hid the ingredients so I wouldn't know. I didn't have a clue. These were possibly the best pancakes I've ever had, they melted in your mouth...excellent!

Then they gave me my card. I love cards nearly as much as presents because of what people write on the inside, especially my kids. The card was pretty funny by itself, but Charlie wrote in it; Happy Baby's Mama's Day! From the main playa, Charlie (p.s. LOVE U :) )
Casey wrote; I love you and you make me proud to be your son, Casey B.
Yeah, I cried. Oh, hush!

Then they gave me a beautiful red bag with this inside:



The chain is gorgeous and 24 inches long, I love it!!
After church we drove to McKinney and had lunch at one of my favorite places. It's a little soda shop, true to the 50's ~ 60's style, and it has fried pickles! Charlie and I love fried pickles. We ate, we laughed and we had a great time. All day long they made sure I didn't lift a finger. All day long I thanked God that I am their mother.
I know that I've never had a better Mother's Day. They had everything planned and did it all themselves. Spent their own money they'd saved and gave me more attention than I deserve...but I sure loved every minute of it. :)
They give me so much to be proud of. I am more than blessed, I'm thankful.

16 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

It sounds like your boys made sure you knew how much you are loved. What a blessing!!

I LOVE fried pickles too. There is a catfish place where I'm from that has the best fried pickles and onion rings that I have ever had. You are making me want some now!!!

7:19 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

michelle ~ I do love onion rings too, geeze, so much in common. :)
My guys, yup, they made sure I wanted for nothing all day, kept asking if there was anything they could do for me. Sweetness packaged in two 6ft frames.
How was your day??

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some people say I am crazy. Others say I am just a carrier, infecting all those around me without actually catching the insanity myself. I say I am just being myself. Who else could I be? Who else would I want to be? I don’t perspire to be rich, but I do aspire to it. (I guess that means I really don’t want to actually do the hard work of buying a lottery ticket, but I would accept the winnings if someone did all the work for me.) If I get my fifteen minutes of fame it will probably be on utube as someone tapes me trying to get the last drop of melt out of the McDonald’s cinimelt. Yes, I have been known to lick the bowl. (I would probably kill for a cinimelt, you know as long as it wasn’t someone I cared about…that much.) I can face reality. My life has been a long list of missed chances, squandered opportunity, and wasted potential. The deal is, I’m ok with that. Yada, yada, yada…when it comes to myself. I am lucky to be still alive, and everyday above ground is a gift. The past is just that, for most things.

The older I get the more I realize that there are a few things in life I need. There are a few friends I have considered myself lucky to be involved with. Kathi, you are one of them. Ask any of the few friends that I do have, I have pulled similar deals as I have with you. Invariably I try to write these people out of my life. I try to test them in some kind of impossible way, and then expect them to respond in the way that suits me. Eventually my true friends and I get it figured out. I go off my nut once in a while. Of course with you being thousands of miles away you wouldn’t know this. It’s part of my history though. It’s why I have few friends. It’s partially why I have 2 ex-wives. It’s why I have a mother that I never actually talk to, but call her cell number every once in a while just to see if she is still alive. I am not the easiest person to get along with, figure out, or even care about.

Is this an apology you ask? I guess so. It’s more of an explanation. Sometimes I don’t know why I do the things I do. I can sit back a few weeks later and say, man that was messed up. Why do you treat people like that? However, when I’m in the moment…when I’m off my nut I just know I am doing the right thing. I feel omniscient, omnipotent, and even god like. It wears off. When it does, I am tired of life, tired of living, and tired of picking up the pieces of my life. Here I am again. Tired and alone…

I thought I owed you an adequate explanation. This may not have been it, but it is the truth according to me. So it is said, and so it is done.

9:47 AM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

glad to hear you had such a great Mother's Day! I can only hope my children are as caring and thoughtful as yours! congrats on a well deserved day!

10:05 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

tom ~ thank you, I know that was probably hard for you but it meant a lot to me.

lovelladro ~ just think, sweet stuff, next year you'll be a mommy on Mama's Day! I'm so excited for you!

10:13 AM  
Blogger GERBEN said...

Wow, you are one lucky lady!

10:36 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

kidd ~ yup, no distpute there!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Oh goodness...you made me misty. What a family you have. I'm glad you had such a good time!

12:43 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

nancy ~ awwww, sweetie, don't mist up, it's all good! Thanks so much for caring, and it was an excellent day.

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awe they are so sweet! And that necklace is BEAUTIFUL!

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sap!

Heh heh :)

Banana Pancakes.... also a good song by Jack Johnson....

10:24 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

nikki ~ Hey honey!! I miss you! They are sweet, and it is beautiful! I need to talk to you soon, I'll call you. Love ya!

wes ~ me? A sap? Darlin', I've got a heart of stone. ;)

10:33 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

It's so wonderful when your kids make you feel special, isn't it? You did a great job with them, they are just letting you know you did. HUGZ!

7:15 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

dabich ~ hey! Good to see you, I miss you! Thanks, what a great way to look at it!

2:29 PM  
Blogger Margie said...

I'm so happy for you Kathi!
You have such precious sons!
What a beautiful day you had!
Mine was wonderful too!

Sorry I have not been around lately, but my time is so limited to the internet.
Ive missed you!

Being here right now really touched me and brought tears...tears of joy!
You are truly blessed!

Take care dear!

Margie
P.S My son's graduation is May 23rd...I am so weepy these days , but I don't let him know how much it's bothering me that he'll be gone from our home soon....why do they have to grow up so fast?

3:11 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

sounds like a great day.

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home