.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Good Puppy

Sweet Abi came by to visit today. Casey came inside to get me, telling me that Abi was outside and that she had a dog with her! We're dog people, anyone who reads my blog knows that, so as much as I love Abi, I was even more excited to go outside and see the dog.
I walked out behind Casey to see Abi kneeling down behind this adorable pup that honestly looked like it was smiling from ear to ear.

As Casey and I walked towards them, naturally I'm ooohhhing and awwwwing and, suddenly, this sweet thing comes charging at us in total attack mode and that smile had turned into an extremely intimidating baring of teeth.

Not that it's important, but did I fail to mention Abi's dog is a pit bull? Abi had her on a leash, and she was sure testing it's distance!
As I kept going towards the dog (yeah, I'm an idiot) I'm telling Casey to "stay away from her, she's a pit bull". Now that I think about that, that wasn't the right thing to say. I don't have anything against pit bulls, but their bite tends to do more damage than other dogs. Abi explains that her dog, Sadie (love that name), doesn't care much for males so I told Casey to go inside. I wanted Sadie to like me so I could love on her. But even after Casey went inside, it took Sadie quite awhile to warm up to me. But, finally she did. When I'd scratch her head and ears, she'd just lean into me and she was soooo soft. I love that she's so protective of Abi, because I'm very protective of Abi also. The great thing about this dog is her 'smile'. She has these white marks on her face and around her mouth, and when she's got her mouth open, she honestly looks like she has this huge grin. Adorable.

Pictures? Of course I've got pictures!

















I wish I could have gotten a better picture of her 'smiling'. She was sweet though, nearly as sweet as her owner. :)
The boys and I went to see Hot Fuzz over the weekend. I didn't really want to see it, but the boys insisted I go to get me out of the house. I'm glad I went, it was pretty funny. Not anything like I thought it would be, and not as funny as I thought it would be either. But it was worth seeing. The boys liked it a lot, they thought it was "great".


My friend, Lisa, had the prom experience at her house this weekend. Please drop by her blog to see pictures of her gorgeous daughter, Becca, and read another mom's story about her child growing up.


Oh, and my buddy, Wes, has got quite the blog of controversy going on today. Stop by and respond so I can read your comments over there.


Enjoy your day, y'all. :)

16 Comments:

Blogger Believer said...

I’m so glad bad doggie was actually a good doggie.

I visited your friends and commented.

Have a great Monday!

11:54 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

rosemarie ~ yup, she was just very protective of her girl. :) She's never bit anyone, and when she finally let her guard down around me, she was precious...and so soft! Just loved the way she'd lay her head in my hand when I rubbed her ears, so sweet.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

I don't have a problem with pit bulls. I have a problem with pit bull owners (not Abi). The owners that don't acknowledge that certain breeds of dogs are more agressive than others. I have met some very loving pit bulls, and I have not really met a "mean" one.

I just would not have one around small children.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

I just would not have one around small children. = "Not worth the risk."

8:07 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

(Totally gonna hate me after this comment, Kath & Abi.)

Nope. I’m going to be brutally honest here with this. Pit bulls are dangerous. I don’t buy the ‘it’s the owner’ type of thing. I’m sure that Abi is a very nice person who takes great care of this dog, so why would the dog go after Casey in attack mode? Against males? Protective? Hmm. There are millions of stories that prove that Pit bulls are very wild- and need to be taken away from domestic care. I don’t know if you remember this story or not, but in San Francisco, this woman was coming home into her apartment. Her neighbor owned a Pit Bull. When the girl was trying to open her door to the apartment, the Pitt Bull charged at her in ‘attack mode’ and brutally killed her. It tore her into pieces- almost unrecognizable. The girl’s partner was devastated by her girlfriend’s senseless death.

My close friend had to put her Pitt Bull down. She was even a dog trainer. The Pitt was just too wild and harmful to others. She had so many lawsuits against her due to the behavior of the dog and also attacking neighborhood animals. The dog constantly found a way to get loose and kill anything – anywhere.

They’re vicious.

Sorry Abi, they’re cute, but not when you see someone brutally attacked by them. I know that your dog must be the sweetest thing to you at home, but imagine one day witnessing your very ‘sweet’ dog taking a chunk out of a child’s head or killing another human being?

People need to read up on these breeds.

8:45 AM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

I gotta say... PB's do make me nervous. I have a scar on my leg from a not so nice one. Of course, I also had a scar on my nose from a not so nice collie so... you really never can tell. I say no matter the breed, it is up to the owner to keep control of the dog no matter how friendly or lovable they seem. I have a 10 year old beagle who has never attacked anyone but I still keep him on a leash and a close eye on him when ANYONE approaches. Dogs are dogs and always need to be watched.

Adam's favorite joke... "what is the last thing you hear before a dog bites you?".... "the owner saying 'don't worry, he doesn't bite'"

9:21 AM  
Blogger GERBEN said...

I'm sorry Deb, but those where not pits that killed Diane Whipple. Those where Presa Canarios.

http://www.dogbitelaw.com/PAGES/Whipple.html

Abi's dog is very pretty.

9:28 AM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

Oh and I wanted to add a comment to Deb's comment... if you are talking about Diane Whipple (SF woman killed in her apartment building)... the dogs in question weren't PB's... they were Mastiffs. Don't get me wrong... I am not saying one way or the other about your opinion... just want to be sure that one breed doesn't suffer for another breeds aggression.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

You are nuts. I see a snarling dog and I run in the other direction.

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the dog!

1:54 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

leesa ~ I get'cha, and I agree.

deb ~ awwww, once Sadie gave you some sweet lovin', you'd be all over that dog! I agree, pit's are a bit scary by way of reputation and I'd not have one. But Abi has Sadie, and I love Abi, and I love what's Abi's. :) The only dog that ever bit me was a cocker spaniel and she bit me through my lip when I was younger. Ouch.

lovelladro ~ don't worry, he doesn't bite is kind of like...well, like lisa said, it's a family blog so I'll hush. :)
But I agree with you, too.

kidd ~ yup, she's a beauty!! Just wish I could have gotten a picture of that smile!!

shawn ~ like I need you to tell me I'm nuts. :)

epsilonicus ~ she's a sweetie, huh?

3:34 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I love animals...all animals...inclucing pit bulls, however there is a differece between owning a pitbull and a miniature poodle. I personally think that ALL big dog owners AND their dogs should have to attend classes dealing with socialization, obedience, etc. and also be evaluated for temperment. But that's just my opinion.

And Kathi...how ironic that you pointed out mine and wes' blogs today.....

25 years ago I WAS the person he is blogging about.....and today, my children are a shining example of what those very babies can become.....

6:09 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Yeah, I was talking about Whipple, and I seriously thought it was a Pit! Sorry about that! But, there are so many incidents over these dogs. I mean, don't get me wrong, CUTE as hell, but, scary!!! I'm even scared of Rotties, and I've known some tame ones, and I've known one to run after my mother into her own home- which ultimately led to a lawsuit cause my dad came out with a shotgun and fired at the floor---which the pellets ricocheted into the dog's leg. I think those types of dogs, Pitts, Rotties, the ones with 'bad reputations' should be on a leashed and muzzled while out and about.

I would love a good for nuttin' daschund. Their bark is scary, but the most harm they'll do is bite your ankles. Awe. lol !!!

6:43 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ you do know that the daschund is a distant relative to the feline, don't you? ;)

9:05 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Are you kidding me????????????????????????????




@(*$&(*&@($

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my dog and my dog loves me!! And no one can ever change that, I dont have any "real" kids but this one here is my child. :)

xoxo
Abi

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home