.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Monday, April 16, 2007

Prom

Thursday night Casey and Charlie went to Men's Warehouse to pick up Casey's tux. They said the place was packed and they had to wait quite awhile. Finally they called on Casey and he disappeared for what Charlie said was a very long time. In the mean while, many women were in there with their sons, or waiting on their sons, all getting ready for Saturday's prom. Finally Casey came out of the dressing room in his tux and they checked to make sure it fitted properly and all, after which Casey went back into the dressing room. One of the moms then came up to Charlie and said "your boyfriend looked so handsome in his tux"...to which Charlie replied, with a smile, "thank you". This is going to be one of my favorite stories.

Saturday, Casey and his date, Kasey, met with a group of friends that they were going to the prom with, at the home of one of the girls. Seven kids, one stretch limo and 16 parents and family taking their pictures. It was a lot of fun. The kids left in the limo, after the parents had their fill of picture taking, and went to Colby Steak. I've never been there, but I guess it's a japanese hibachi style resturant. Casey loved it. After dinner they went on to the prom, which was at the Plano Center (for those of you from around here) until around midnight, then to the after prom party that was held at the high school from midnight until 5 a.m. After which, a group of them headed to IHOP and had breakfast. Casey got home a little after 7 a.m., took a bit of a nap and then made it to Church in time to help coach the children's church second service. Believe it or not, after service, he volunteered for the rest of the afternoon building new sets for the children's church. I had to call him at 5 p.m. and make him come home to get some rest. Man, to be young again. Anyway, here are some of the prom pictures I took:


















































































I took 72 pictures with my camera. Yup, y'all are getting off easy. Actually, I'm sure I'll post more later (it's hard to just choose a few) when I get the pictures they had taken at the prom. Let me just say that Kasey looked so beautiful...she's got the most contagious smile.
Casey had a great time, it's something he'll remember for a very long time, and it was worth every penny...all 50,000 of them, that it cost me. :) I am so proud of this kid of mine.

20 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

It's about time you got these pics up! I've been here like a bizzilion times already. Sheesh

They look SOOOO Happy and adorable..in an almost grown up way, not a piddle in the floor adorable puppy way.

Can you come up this weekend and take pics for me? I hate doing it and never take enough, then I regret it later, but despite knowing I'll wish I had more, never seem to actually TAKE more.... you see the dilema?

And don't get too attached to this Kasey chick... after all it could get awkward when he marries Becca if she's still around.....

Ok, it's late, I'm tired and goofy, so I'll talk to you later!

Love ya!

2:32 AM  
Blogger Margie said...

What a sweet post!
Loved it Kathi!
The pictures are womderful!
You sure are a proud mama!

Kathi, I've been missing all your great posts!
I'm going to be leaving Blogland for a while....probably be gone till Sept.
I just don't have enough time lately to be attending to my blog or to visit blogger friends....*sigh*

I'll be posting a poem....maybe two....in a few days.
I hope you can drop in for a visit.
I'll miss you Kathi!
Take care, and have a wonderful time with your precious sons!

Hugs and blessings!

Margie:)
P.S Even though I won't be posting for a while, I'll be popping in to visit you now and then.

5:09 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

Kasey and Casey. I wonder if it was confusing. Different inflections on the names, huh. And she does have a contageous smile. Looks like they all were having fun.

5:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mama Bear is proud of her cubs, and deservedly so.

7:20 AM  
Blogger 3carnations said...

Hilarious about the lady thinking they were boyfriends...and Charlie didn't even correct her. Cute.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Believer said...

Yeah, I don't get who Charlie is. Still, what a great post with pictures...my favorite kind.

What memories!

So, it's 100 pennies in a dollar. Right? $500.00 seems to be a lot for the prom. Did you pay for everything?

10:41 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

lisa ~ you're one to say anything about a 'late' post!! Geeze. kisses!

margie ~ I hope you're enjoying your time off, I'll be checking in with you. hugs!

leesa ~ I know. I couldn't think of Kasey's name last week, and Casey said "Mom, could I possibly make it any easier for you??"

tom ~ yup, proud I am.

3 c's ~ I know, I love that story!

rosemarie ~ you're new, so I'm going to give you a break, lol. Read down a little in my last post. Charlie is my 16 year old, Casey is 17. And, yup, $500...tux, tickets, limo, flowers, picture money...Casey paid for their own dinner and breakfast...that'd had made it more like $600. I know...start saving now, hon...it comes on fast!

11:16 AM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

that is one of my favorite stories as well! sounds like charlie has my kind of humor!

casey and kasey looked adorable! what a great night and thanks for posting the pictures and the stories... doesn't make raising my own seem nearly as impossible!

12:35 PM  
Blogger GERBEN said...

The pictures are GREAT! They look like they are having so much fun! And I LOVE the tux story! Charlie has a great sense of humor. I love it.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Awe, they look stunning! 72 pics???????? Whoa! I'm gonna hire you when I get married to take our photos! That place they went out to dinner sounds great- we have a place like that around here, where you need like a party of 12, or you get seated with a bunch of strangers around this huge hibachi table with a talented chef throwing pieces of shrimp in his coat pocket. It's amusing and a lot of fun.

Anyway, hope you're doing well, Charlie looks fabulous!!!

2:33 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

lovelladro ~ awwww, hon, you and adam are going to be the best parents ever!!

kidd ~ yup, he's got the best humor! And, yeah, they had a great time!

deb ~ and I quit before a lot of parents. I never turned on my video, wish I had, but some of the other parents did. Hey, I'll take your pics anytime! Isn't Charlie a cutie?!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

These pictures are so great!!! And you are right, Kasey does have an awesome smile.

Can you believe that his Senior year is coming to an end? I bet it is a very bitter-sweet time for you. Hang in there!!! :)

7:11 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Gorgeous! And I LOVE the story about Casey and Charlie. Your boys are so incredibly sweet and funny.

Everyone looks wonderful. It's great to see that some kids still enjoy looking traditional and classy!

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tux story was hilarious!!!

The pictures remind me of my prom!! Wow, now I am strolling down memory lane.

4:30 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

michelle ~ yeah, it's getting hard for me. But, I'm more excited for him than I'm sad for me.

nancy ~ isn't that a great story? Lol, funny guy.

epsilonicus ~ yup, I think so too. How long is that lane of yours? :)

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!! Love the pics, and love her dress!! send me some to my email, i want to save them on my hard drive

xoxo
abi

9:43 PM  
Blogger Johnnie Avocado said...

Yeah...it looks like they had a blast...

6:55 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

abi ~ her dress was soooo pretty! I'll send you some pics, just a lot to choose from!

johnnie ~ yup, they did. Still laughing over Frodo's first words.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Believer said...

"Charlie is my 16 year old, Casey is 17."

Duh...they're brothers. Casey and Kasey had me all up in a twist! :)

10:41 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

They are too adorable..definitely the cutest couple in the pics. Her dress is too cute..totally something that I would pick out.

Looks like they had a fabulous time!

Oh man..Kobe Steakhouse...thats some good stuff right there. Some really really good stuff.

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home