.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Friday, March 23, 2007

For Katy

Katy mentioned in her comments that she'd thought I had been the original goth...so here are a couple more pictures I came across when looking for those prom pictures. These are much more 'me' than the girl in the prom dress. ;)

























This was Halloween, my senior year of high school. I'd said I was going to dress up, which, of course, was against the rules. Not that I was a leader of any kind, but it started taking off and nearly all of the seniors wanted to do it. They announced over the intercom that anyone coming to school dressed up on Halloween would be sent home. This is how I went, leaving Tater, my cat, at home but taking the broom, of course (what's a witch without her broom? That would have just been silly). Over 90% of the seniors were sent home that day. Of course, none of us went 'home'.

We had a great "senior day" that Halloween.

17 Comments:

Blogger Johnnie Avocado said...

You're such a rebel.....!!!! Those pics are SO vintage......

10:01 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

johnnie ~ well, thanks babe. That's such a sweet way of calling me old. :)

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew you had them some where. That broom looks like it wasn't it's first day to go to school. I thought you said it was your first mode of transportation.

10:06 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

katy ~ yeah, that was funny...hmmmmm, have I put up that picture of you and Carol at that Mary Kay party?

10:27 AM  
Blogger feels good b n FREE said...

just wanted to swing thru
and tell u hello!

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...you were a rebel!! Those pics are priceless :)

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You wouldn' drag Carol into this would you she really is an inocent bystander.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Classic!

Well behaved women rarely make history!

2:20 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

feels good ~ thanks for the visit, loved the video of your son and you.

nikki ~ me? A rebel, lol.

katy ~ gee, I don't know...what do you think?

nancy ~ isn't that the truth!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Knew you were a little *itch! Eh-hem...witch that is. ;) These are great shots! I just saw the prom pictures too-----priceless!

8:29 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ takes one to know one babe. ;)

12:04 PM  
Blogger GERBEN said...

OMG! Girl you are SO cool! I LOVE IT!

By the way. I thought of you Friday. Hubby's truck is acting up. We don't know what is wrong with it. He tried to drive it home, but it just wouldn't make it. Guess where it finally gave up the ghost? Right in front of a Christan Brother's. I took a chance and left it there with them. We should hear something from them Monday.

2:34 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

kidd ~ I have absolutely nothing against EVERY Christian Brothers, they're each independently owned. I hope yours is not only honest, but actually knows what they're doing.
Oh, and trust me, I was sooo NOT cool. Just a punk that got away with more than she should've. Thanks anyway though!!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Hahahaha! Those pics are great. Love the makeup but looks like you're trying to sell "nice witch" to the camera. Shoulda been a little edgier.

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come and listen to a story about a man named Jed
A poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed,
Then one day he was shootin at some food,
And up through the ground came a bubblin crude.

Oil that is, black gold, Texas tea.

Well the first thing you know ol Jed's a millionaire,
Kinfolk said "Jed move away from there"
Said "Californy is the place you ought to be"
So they loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly.

Hills, that is. Swimmin pools, movie stars.


Well now its time to say good by to Jed and all his kin.
And they would like to thank you folks fer kindly droppin in.
You're all invited back a gain to this locality
To have a heapin helpin of their hospitality

Hillybilly that is. Set a spell, Take your shoes off.

Y'all come back now, y'hear?.

9:59 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

shawn ~ darlin', I was the true definition of 'edgier'. :)

tom ~ babe, when you're this bored, just call me...or send more pictures.

10:40 PM  
Blogger SmileDragon said...

These are GREAT! Love it!

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home