.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Let Me Sleep

The boys and I are on spring break this week. A week of no one having to get up early is the best vacation. We have one dog, Porter, (yeah, we've got 3 dogs, but I'm talking about Porter) that starts trying to get me up every morning around 5 to get fed. It use to be 6 a.m., now it's 5 a.m. I don't feed him, but I'll get up (angry and a tad hostile) and let him out because if I don't, he won't leave me alone. Of course every animal then gets up thinking it's feeding time. I'll let him back in and not feed him and try to get some sleep, but for the next hour or so, he's a pain in my butt wanting fed.
Don't tell me to leave him outside, it's not in me. Don't tell me to shut my door, because then he (and every other animal) will be banging on it.
This morning I woke up at 7 a.m. I looked at the time and the first thought that went through my head was that someone must have left the front door open and the dogs are gone (it's happened more than once and the feeling is one of panic).
I threw some clothes on and ran out of my room. My kids were both asleep on the couches. I've got 2 huge couches in my living room that easily fit kids over 6 feet tall on them, and they looked so cute asleep, each on their own couch. They looked like little kids, it's been a long time since they've done this. Oh yeah, back to Porter. After looking through the house, I found the dogs had been shut up in Charlie's room. Every day I love these kids more.
As I'm letting the dogs out, trying to be quiet, Casey wakes up and the first thing he said was "did you get to sleep in Mama?". I wonder if they have any idea how precious they are to me.
As Shawn said the other day in my comments, "Life always presents more little thrills than big ones. If you can't get excited about the little things, more than likely you're a miserable soul."
I, my friends, am not a 'miserable soul'.

9 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

It's the little things like the memories of your kids that once slept on your couch - and now doing again that are precious. How they care for you as much as you care for them. It's rare - it really is Kath, and I think you're very fortunate.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Margie said...

Love this story darlin'
So sweet and touching!
Loved your comment on my poem today!
You always add to my day whenever you visit!

Hope you have a wonderful day!
I know you will...
as you know how to love life and all the beautiful gifts of life!!!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Your boys are so thoughtful!!! That to me is one of the most important things a parent can teach a child. And now you are reaping the benefits of it!!

I hope that one day my children will be as thoughtful as your two boys are!!!

9:23 AM  
Blogger 3carnations said...

They are so sweet! Glad you got to sleep in a little!

9:34 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ it surprises me how thoughtful they are sometimes. They're such great kids, don't know where they got it from. :)

margie ~ I loved your poem today, and that last verse was something that really touched me. You know sometimes something is just meant for you...and that was just for me. Thanks. :)


michelle ~ thank you, and I know your kids will be like this too, because it's how you're raising them.

3 c's ~ thank you, and me too!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

you really do have some of the most thoughtful kids.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You have some sweet kids!

1:25 PM  
Blogger ~ Amanda X&O said...

What a sweet thing that they did. So self-sacrificing. So thoughtful.



If only my pets would let me sleep... I feel your pain lady.

8:25 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

You are definitely NOT a miserable soul. Such sweet boys, you make me jealous! :)

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home