.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Small Things in Life

I'm going to share with y'all how easily excitable I am. (I'm laughing at the thoughts I'm sure will be running through Tom's mind as he reads that last statement...clean it up, Tom!!)

I volunteer at our church during the second service in the book store. This was a huge step for me because I'm so shy, which is one reason I needed to do it. The very first Sunday I tried it, I loved it. The people volunteering are great. I get to meet other people on staff and people who attend or visit our church. I love it. It's the first time I've ever used a register, and it still amazes me that I've not totally destroyed their system...but in all fairness, I'm new, so give it some time. :)

I'm off track. What got me so excited is that last Sunday...I got my first name tag! Seriously. I've never in my life had a name tag and for some reason, this just thrilled me. It's gold with black engraved lettering, and they even spelled my name correctly, which rarely happens. It's got a magnetic backing so I don't have to put holes in my clothes, which sort of worried me when they first gave it to me and I was wearing a silk blouse.

Casey came into the book store to visit me and the first thing I did was show him my name tag. Everyone working there keeps teasing me about how easy it is to excite me...and it's true. I do get all excited and happy with the little things in life. The simple things, like a name tag. Hey, my name being spelled right is just a bonus! I was going to take a picture of it to put up here, but I forgot because I was running late for the class Casey and I take.

Yup, I really am that easy. Simple pleasures are my life's treasures.

11 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

You're so cute! I remember getting a name tag on my office cubicle, and that thrilled me beyond belief! Except for the fact that they had to redo it because instead of spelling my name, "Debra", they spelled it, "Deborah". Bastards!!!

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw how cute. And yes things do get you excited easily, shh...Tom. I've heard about you. Everything good of course. But back to the subject, the reason you do enjoy everything that comes you pathway is because you look at it on the bright side, if you dont then you will be down, and you Kathi dont look at things on the dark side, because you want to be happy, and you want you boys to be happy. Give it some time. And things will come your way just the way you've wanted.

xoxo
Abi

10:41 AM  
Blogger Margie said...

That is so sweet Kathi!
And I also believe it's the little things in life that give the most joy!
Like this little post of yours...
it made me smile!
Thanks for it!

11:19 AM  
Blogger 3carnations said...

Hubby and I are the same way, and I am pretty sure we are passing that quality on to our son. The other night he spotted two individually wrapped packages of saltines on the counter and said "Ooh - Crackers! Can we have those for dessert?" One of the most bland foods, and it's elevated to treat status at our house.

Never had a name tag and never worked a cash register? You never worked at a store? A restaurant? Wow. I had my share of nametags...possibly your share, too. Congratulations. :)

1:26 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ you always 'get me', and I think you're cute too. :) LOL

abi ~ girl, could you be any sweeter. Love you much.

margie ~ awww, thanks, and I'm glad it made you smile.

3c's ~ I've never worked at a store, but I have waited tables but we kept the money on us and made change ourselves. I did bartend, and I must've used a register for that...but I can't remember using it. Geeze, the 70's and 80's were harder on me than I thought.

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a nice story. Life is simple when you break it down to thinks like that. It made me smile. I heard there is a chance you may get indoor plumbing? They also have this newfangled device that sends pictures through a square box.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Congrats on the new name tag! And for being brave and stepping out of your comfort zone. I know from personal experience how hard that is (I'm pretty darn shy).

I kept all of my name tags! I have quite a collection.

Hugs!

6:57 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

tom ~ you're such a dork

nancy ~ it's hard for me to imagine you as shy. Hugs right back at'cha

9:04 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

that's so fabulous. That made me smile. Thanks for sharing this story.

1:09 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

rose ~ kind of shows how really lame I am, huh? lol Yeah well, glad it made you smile.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Life always presents more little thrills than big ones. If you can't excited about the little things, more than likely you're a miserable soul.

Good for you.

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home