.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Monday, February 05, 2007

Colt's Got Game!

What a great game, and yes, of course I'm talking about the Super Bowl! I'm from Indianapolis, so I was backing the Colts, but I'm also a Bears fan, so either way I'd been happy. I've got to say that it was such a great night of first's. Tony Dungy not only being the first black coach to win a Super Bowl, but third coach to win the Super Bowl who'd also been a player on a winning Super Bowl Team. First time in a Super Bowl where both team coaches were black...and they both being Christians made me appreciate them all the more. Yeah, I really am that predictable. :)
The game itself, wow. Hester running the first kickoff back for a touchdown for the Bears was amazing, c'mon, what a way to start off the game! I can't believe the rain they had, never let up. But all the fumbles, interceptions...just never got boring. Loved it.
Casey had gone to a Super Bowl party, and it had never occurred to me that he'd mind the Colts winning over the Bears. I knew he loved the Bears, but I thought he felt the same way I did about the Colts, he having spent so much time in Indy and all. But he was a tad bummed when he got home and didn't think the game was nearly as good as I did.
Charlie and I both enjoyed Prince at the half time show. Charlie was wanting to see him play the guitar because he'd heard he was good. He's downloaded the tabs for Purple Rain and has it down. Proud of him, true, but he's gotten so gooood (Charlie, not Prince :) ).
I was disappointed at the commercials. However, I enjoyed the Blockbuster commercial where the bunny and guinea pig were trying to get on-line by using the mouse...that made me laugh. And the Sierra Mist commercials were funny, the beard comb over...and short shorts, LOL. The first Chevy commercial was pretty cool. Other than that, not so much.

Yeah, I know, not my usual post.

12 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I agree with you about the game, it was exciting. I'm not a huge football fan, but I do like the Colts and the Patriots so I was glad to see one of them get to the Super Bowl. And it was nice to see to coaches on the field who weren't screaming and cussing the whole time, they were truly 2 classy men.

I didn't see the Blockbuster commercial, but my favorite was the Bud Light one with the hitchhiker that had an ax. I got a good laugh out of that one.

8:40 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

I forgot about that commercial! That was funny! The guy with the axe starts whining about them picking up the guy with a chainsaw...funny stuff!

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not watch the game, but I was at a place that it was on. The Colts winning just means 20 more years of that annoying Peyton doing commercials. I have to burn my TV's now. Great.

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder what I'm going to comment on....

This whole "black coach" thing makes me sick. I think there are enough blacks and Hispanics in this country for it to be not a big deal anymore. We're all human, and of a lot of colors.

The CBS crew also talked about why it shouldn't be an issue in the pregame, and I agreed. Still though, it was an issue enough to talk about *sigh*

As for the commercials, ROCK/PAPER/SCISSORS! :)

7:38 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

tom ~ you just keep finding ways to annoy me.

wes ~ love ya and couldn't disagree with you more. That kind of scares me because I'm so crazy about your mind. :) However, I think it's a huge deal...and just one of the several big deals of the game.
Yup, the rock/paper/scissors was funny too, but I think my favorite was the hitcher with the axe.
Thanks so much for that link on your site for the commercials, my kids and I just watched them all again.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

I watched the game and yes it was a good one....(we'll forget that I wanted the Bears to win...I'm mad at Grossman!!)...as far as the commercials go, I liked the apes plotting to take over the beer man and yes..rock/paper/scissors!!!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

I missed most of the commercials. I was too busy chatting on instant messenger with a buddy, eating and doing other computer related activities. I keep hearing about the K-Fed commercials. I think I saw about 15 seconds of the blockbuster commercial you mentioned on ESPN2 the following day.

That's funny to hear that Charlie had "heard" that Prince was good. I'm old. You should rent Prince's Sign o' the Times movie. Its a concert.

Very entertaining game.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I am very disappointed, I was going to The Bears, I know, I know, we sucked!! Did you see all the turnovers, OMG! We need to do it again!! Better game next year and yea I was not very happy about the commercials either. Glad you guys enjoyed the game!!

XOXO
Abi

3:10 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I thought several times about how many people were watching the game at the same time all over the country...kind of fun. I also thought about all of the toilets flushing at halftime. The sheer volume of it all! It's cool to feel spirit like that.

Prince was also in the prime of his purple badness. I LOVED IT.

9:17 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

Prince was fantastic! I think he's better now than he was in his so-called "prime".
The comemrcials were good, but nothing like the good old BUD * WIZE* ERR* ones lol

4:48 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

P.S. you know, the one with the frogs...
::sigh:: I'm getting old.

4:49 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Okay pass the wings!!! (Total man post Kath!) ha! Just kidding. I watched it only for the commercials which were sort of disappointing, huh? But Prince put on quite a show, except for the last two songs. Kinda drab.

I wonder how they didn't get electrocuted with all that equipment in the rain! ?????

But Prince does look good! He looks younger..........hmm.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home