.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Monday, January 15, 2007

Too Cold For Texas

Saturday night was Casey's football banquet. He and his date, Betsy, came by to let me take some pictures before the banquet, and I just didn't take very good pictures. They had some taken at the banquet, so I'll post those when I get them, but here is what I got.












Betsy looked absolutely gorgeous, what a cutie! They had a great time, and I'm glad that Betsy's dad fixed Casey's tie for him, because between Casey and I, we pretty much had it looking like a great big bow, lol.

Well, winter has finally hit us and it's cold enough to where I had to turn on the heat. That was almost painful. We've each got two pair of socks on, long underwear on underneath layers of clothes and we look like we're fixin' to hit the slopes, lol. I went out to start my car this morning and couldn't get the door open, all my doors were frozen shut. Been a long time since that's happened to me. While I was out I had a lot of people tell me they'd had the same thing happen to them. I was afraid to pour hot water on it, would that shatter my window? I tried using a screwdriver to chip away at the ice around the door but was afraid I was scratching the paint. So, I just had to wait until the sun came out enough to melt the ice off. What do y'all say, my northern friends, how do you get a frozen car door open?

I know y'all are wanting to know about Casey's car. It's having a new engine installed (no, not by Christian Brothers) and we should be getting it back in the next few days. I think I'm looking as forward to it as Casey is. When we get it back, I'll take a picture of it with Casey and let y'all finally see Ole' Yeller and tell the tale.

That's about it for me. Hope all is well and that y'all are staying warm where ever you may be.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) Glad to see you're back and alive in BlogLand!

2) How awesome is it that young women are still named Betsy nowadays? Maybe it's a southern thing, but I like.

3) You know he's saying in those pics "Yeah, I'm the man" lol

10:37 PM  
Blogger Johnnie Avocado said...

Yeah...I love the name Betsy too. Just makes me think of someone with personality. Casey needs a haircut though...:)

8:22 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

kathi,

you must be so proud. And I can never tie ties either. I can adjust them, but tying them is a mystery. I know I have mis-spelled several words.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Gorgeous couple there Kath! I'm glad you didn't let Casey walk out with a huge bowtie! Glad the car issue is getting resolved.

Stay warm!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

Cute kids. I thought you only had 2 sons? A daughter too? Very cool. Hope all is well in Texas.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I think that your pictures are great!! I hope that they get the car right this time, and I can't wait to hear the whole story.

When we live in Massachusetts there were only a few times when my doors were frozen shut, but I think we just pulled as hard a we could to get them open and prayed that nothing broke!! :) We never had the option of waiting till the sun cam out to melt the ice, because during the winter it never came out much!! Hope it warms up soon!!

9:56 AM  
Blogger GERBEN said...

Aww, those are some great pics! They are so cute!

Try to stay warm honey. I know this cold sucks. Ugh, when is spring again?

2:58 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Hey, that's exactly how I my pictures turn out when I snap a shot. They're always a tad out of focus. And it always that one shot that I most wanted captured.

Ole Yeller's being worked on. Great! Please post pics.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Margie said...

Hi Kathi
They are so adorable!
I love the name Betsy!
I have a daughter named Bess.
It is very cold here too...it was -5 the other morning!
Take care Kathi!

Margie

7:01 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

To open a frozen car door:

Chip carefully at ice, as you were doing. If that doesn't work, try a little windshield wiper fluid (there is a little alcohol in it, which should melt the ice).

I should know. It was 8 degrees last night, and our furnace was on the fritz. Erik was playing inside wearing a hat with a pom-pom on top this morning. Crazy. We are up and running again and seem to have survived the night.

Your son and his date look fabulous! Tell him blue is definitely his color.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

They are too freaking cute. Too freaking cute.

And that fire in your fireplace looks wonderful.

Im not dealing with this weather very well myself. I cant deal with it when its this cold!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Dizzie said...

The kids look great! And the tie... well, hate to brag, but being a girl, I taught myself how to tie a tie - the old fashion way! :) Why? Well, sometimes I wear ties myself, just for the heck of it! ;)

So sorry you're all cold and borderline on deep-frozen... thankfully, the winter has missed to hit Sweden this year! Otherwise I'd be right up there with you, teeth clattering in the cold... :)

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flllllllyyyyyyyyyy!!! That is all I have to say.

I remember those days!!

10:43 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

Ahh..what a gorgeous couple, hope they had fun.
Glad the car is getting fixed...but by whom and at whose expense???

Winter! I *HATE* winter GrrRR!!

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home