.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Monday, December 18, 2006

You've Got To Be Kidding Me

 

So, after all the money I've put into Casey's car, the thing won't start.  Yeah.  The kid goes to the team breakfast before the game Saturday morning, and after the breakfast, as he's suppose to head to the buses, his car won't start.  He catches a ride, but c'mon...you've got to be kidding me.  I've had that car in the shop twice in the last couple of months and I've put about $1,600 into it...geeze. 

 

So, then I'm on my way to the bank to deposit  my paycheck that I'd hoped to give to the boys to spend for Christmas gifts...but, that didn't work out.  Hopefully, there'll be enough from the ex's support check this week to give them something, but I'm off track again, what a shock, right?  Anyway, I'm 0n my way to the bank and I'm talking on my cell to my 'lean on guy', Tom, asking him to encourage me and remind me of all my blessings because I'm feeling kind of low, and he's doing a surprisingly decent job (teasing Tom).    As he's doing this great job, I'm coming up to the some lights and as I put on my brakes, they lock up.  Yeah, you've got to be kidding me.  My brakes lock up just as Tom is counting my blessings, LOL.  I can barely manage to turn my car and as I go through the light and come up to the bank, I try to turn into the bank, but can't get the brakes to 'brake' enough to turn, so I miss that turn and manage to get it into a lane that I can turn into and finally get it stopped.  After turning the car off and back on, they were okay.   My heart was pounding so fast, that after I went to the bank and got home, I forgot all about calling Tom back to tell him I was okay...lol.  Sorry Tom.  I talked to him at the game, though...he figured that driving the tank that I do, I'd be okay.  He was more worried about the others on the road, I was too!  It was scary.  He gave me some advice, and yeah, I'll be following it, I'll be taking it in to have it checked out. 

 

It was a blessing that I didn't have anymore problems with the brakes because the road to  Texas Stadium was stop and go traffic going to this game.  Unbelievable.  We played the Dragons of Southlake Carrol.  They kicked our butts.  As much as it pains me to say it, this was such a great team!!  I can't believe how powerful and completely on target they were.  Our quarterback hurt his shoulder the second play of the game and never returned.  That really hurt us.  The final score...38 ~ 0.  Yeah, with the season we've had,  that's a big ole'  "you've got to be kidding me". But, Southlake Carrol has won State several times and the last two years in a row.  This is the first time I've ever seen them play.  They told me at the game that their coach has a record of something like 78 ~ 1.  I sure hope they're paying this guy some big bucks, because he's worth it!

 

Oh, some news.  My baby got his first job!!  Charlie starts working today at Wienerschnitzel.  I'm so proud of him.  He wears black shoes, black pants and red polo shirts...he looks so cute!  I'll take a picture and put it up if he'll let me.  Seriously, I couldn't be more proud of him.  Charlie told the guy that he'd work any hours they'd let him  other than school or Wednesday night or Sunday morning (church), because  his family was going through a hard time at home and he really wanted to help them out.  I thought I was gonna cry.  I told him I'd never take his money, and he said it was the only reason he wanted the job.  Do I have the best kids in the world? 

 

I'll tell you all this...one thing I know with all of my heart.  Regardless of what I have or don't have in the material sense...I am the most blessed person I know.  I am so very grateful for all that God has given me and I am thankful for each and every one of you that not only lift me up with your prayers and your love,  but for your blogs that make me laugh, cry and think.  Life is good, and we should all be grateful for what we do have. 

8 Comments:

Blogger GERBEN said...

Oh my goodness girl! Just reading that scared me! ((hug)) I’m glad that you are OK, please get that thing checked out. Sorry to hear about the loss, but it sounds like they played one heck of a team.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

You are blessed. I am blessed. We are all blessed. Ok, can I get a group hug? Yes, that was my hand...sorry kathi...I didn't know that was you...hehe.

10:11 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

kidd ~ yup, one scary situation!

tom ~ LOL, liar!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

kathi,

you have such a good heart.

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, I'm sorry for all your financial surprises! Not fun - Particularly this time of year! But how sweet is Charlie? You've definitely raised that boy right. If it really feels good to him to contribute, let him, and put it in an account that you can surprise him with when he graduates or something.

We just got new brakes this weekend - We knew we needed them, but didn't realize how much until after they were fixed and the mechanic said they had only been performing at 5%. Yikes!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

"You gotta be kidding me" is something that I say almost on a daily basis!!! Sometimes when it rains it definitely pours and it seems as though you have had your share and are in need of a new forecast.

That is soooo sweet about what Charlie is doing. You have raised two thoughtful boys, and I would have to agree that even though times are tough you are definitely blessed!!

2:50 PM  
Blogger mikster said...

You've got a great kid there kathi!

and....

bummer on the vehicle problems....they can be very annoying.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Margie said...

Hi Kathi
You are blessed!
You have wonderful kids!

Many more blessings to you this Christmas!

Margie

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home