.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Monday, November 27, 2006

Nyquil and Eight Hours, Please.

*Updates and corrections in red*

My house is set for Christmas.

The boys put the lights up on Friday and over the weekend we put up the tree and all of the inside decorations. Just on a side note, Hobby Lobby has some great trees and everything in the store from Sunday through Thursday is half off, every week. How cool is that?

For those of you keeping up on the Eagles football, we won the game this past Saturday, beating Mesquite 58 ~ 42. It was an excellent game. Way too close for comfort a few times, but a really great game. We play Roundrock next Saturday in Waco. My brother-in-law and his grandson met us at the game and I enjoyed the game all that much more having him there to talk and laugh with. It was a good time.

I took Casey's car in last week for some engine repair and a tune up. This morning, $1,500 and 7 days later, I had to take it back in...for the same problems it had before. However, that's not what I'm complaining about right now. This morning, as Casey was pulling out of the drive and I was behind him, following him, I noticed his front left tire was flat. F...L...A...T. I don't know how, but he kept driving. I started flashing my lights. Nothing. I began blowing my horn and the kid just kept on going. I tried calling him, no answer. Once I got behind him and started to get out to run up to his window, but he pulls off before I got out of the car. I'm waving my arms, flashing my lights and blowing my horn for five miles down the road, and when we finally pull into the repair shop, he gets out of his car, looks at his tire and says as innocently as possible "I've got a flat". I asked if he'd noticed all the lights, horn blowing and hand waving, and he said 'yeah, but I didn't know what you wanted'. He lives and I deserve a medal. He swears he couldn't feel the tire was flat. *It's going to cost me another $70 for the car...geeze, I feel a confrontation coming on*

I brought him home and he went back to bed, because he still had nearly 4 hours till he had to be at school. However, Charlie was getting ready for school when we got home and he told me that his right ear was in a lot of pain, and that when he had gotten up it felt clogged and he couldn't hear out of it...and that his head was throbbing above it. He said that he'd taken some Q-tips while I was gone with Casey and had tried to open it, but that it had really hurt. So, I'm thinking there was a chance he'd busted his ear drum. I gave him some tylenol and called the doctor. The doctor was going to call me back in about an hour when they could get him in, so during that hour I drove some papers to my attorney and dropped them off. Got home and took Charlie to the doctor, with Casey telling me that I had to be home by 10:30 to take him to school. Okay. So I set my phone alarm to go off when I needed to head home from the doctor's office, and when it went off, Charlie and I were waiting for the doctor to bring us back Charlie's prescription (he has fluid behind the ear) so I had to go find the doctor and tell her we needed to leave. She got us the prescription, we paid, and got home in time to get Casey and take him to school. Charlie and I went by the pharmacy to get the prescription filled, but the dr. had left off the directions for the meds., so they told us it would take about 45 minutes to get that settled. In the meantime, Charlie and I went home to get him some more tylenol, took my car to get it washed and we had lunch at Pei Wei. By the time we got the prescription, it was nearly 1, and Charlie's ear was pounding, so I just kept the kid home all day. He slept the afternoon away, so chances are he probably needed it anyway.

While Charlie and I were out, I'd gotten a call from a dealership that's been trying to find a part that Casey wants replaced on his car, and they'd found it but I needed to pay in advance before they'd order it, so I went there and paid for it. In the meantime, I'm thinking that on top of the migraine I've had for 2 days, my throat was really stiff and my body was aching, so when I got home I took my temperature, and yup...101.8. *100.8. I'm such a wuss, if it'd been 101.8, I'd probably called 911* Who knew? I thought I was just tired and whiney. Well, I was, but c'mon...I'm sick! Lol, I was too busy to figure it out till around 4 this afternoon, but since I know now, I'm going to take it easy. Right after I go get Casey from football practice, fix dinner and get home from the Touch Down Club meeting. *Laughing at that too, by the time I finished with laundry and getting some stuff off to TCU with Casey, it was after midnight before I got to bed. Tell you what, though, that Nyquil knocked me out...I'm still out, and as soon as I get Charlie off to school, I'm back to bed to sleep it off.* I keep telling y'all, parenting isn't for cowards. :)

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! Your" Super Mom" With or without the migraine I need to rest just reading about all the stuff you have done since Turkey Day. Get some rest!

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it. Love Christmas time.

I put my little tree up on Thanksgiving night.... great times. You have a nice lookin' tree there yourself :)

8:22 PM  
Blogger Margie said...

Hi Kathi
The tree is beautiful!
You are some kind of super-mom!
Parenting sure isn't for cowards!
I love to read about you and your life with your boys.
Thanks for sharing it!
Hoping you will be feeling better very soon!
Take care of yourself dear!

Margie

12:12 AM  
Blogger DZER said...

hmmm ... the car stuff sounds like it comes from the "reasons it should be legal to smack yer kids around" file ... heh

7:47 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Hope you are feeling better. Rest in front of that gorgeous tree!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

The good thing about the holidays is that if you take a day or two off for being sick, people understand.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Johnnie Avocado said...

How do you find time to put up decorations? That day sounded way out of control

10:09 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

Would you like some cheese too? Ya know, to go with that whine...hehe. Take care of yourself, how am I going to collect my 100 bucks if you die. Stop thinking of yourself, hehe.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Whoa! I need you all to come to my house and decorate! Damn!!!

Doesn't it suck when everything goes wrong and taps your wallet right before the holidays? It always happens that way!

I hope you're doing great!!!xxoo

12:26 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'm sorry that it wasn't your day on Monday, but I hope that you are starting to feel better now. Hopefully you have been able to rest, but with kids around I know that that is almost virtually impossible!!

1:37 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

Katy ~ did you see your ornament on the tree? Could use some of your veggie soup...just sayin. :)

wes ~ yup, me too!

margie ~ thanks, and I'm already a lot better...good to go to work tomorrow. :)

dzer ~ lovin the santa...

nancy ~ thanks so much, and can't tell you how much I appreciate you're stopping by, love your blog!

leesa ~ yeah, and my kids are great about it too.

johnnie ~ just a matter of managing your time, LOL...kidding! Hey, my little ones are big enough to help, I remember them being Frodo's age.

tom ~ get a grip, you owe me $100...may as well send it now.

deb ~ sure hon, no problem. Be there in a bit. :) I'd love that!

michelle ~ I'm good, Dayquil, Nyquil and gargling with hot salt water...I'm peachy. :)

6:13 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

yall sure do stay sick. Hope you all get better quickly

11:52 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

Congrats on the football win....keep going!!!

Darn, woman, you deserve a medal for sure! I agree, parenting definitely isn't for cowards!!!!!!!

3:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home