.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A Time For Me To Give Thanks

It's nearly Thanksgiving. I have pies baked and everything ready to go tomorrow morning. The boys have gone to a movie tonight and I'm enjoying some quality alone time...some much needed alone time.

While I'm by myself, I'm thinking about what I'm thankful for. Tomorrow, for me, is a day of thanks. That's all Thanksgiving means to me. I don't connect it anymore to the story of the pilgrims making nice with the Indians, because we know that story is a fabrication. But, I refuse to give up on the holiday all together, because I have so much to be thankful for and it's the day I, myself personally, have set aside to celebrate all that I have to be thankful for.

I have been so very blessed. I have a home I feel safe in, I have vehicles that I'm secure will get me wherever I need or want to go, I have friends that love me, I have a job that I like and am appreciated at, I have a church that I feel at home in and which cares about me...and God forbid I should fail to recognize the great blessing which is my freedom to worship openly without fear of persecution. I have been blessed with two healthy, sensitive and intelligent young men as not only my sons, but my best friends. And...I have hopes and dreams and great expectations for my future. Yes, without any doubt, I have been so very blessed.

Happy Thanksgiving to each of you. I hope you'll take a little time to give thanks. May God bless you and all those you love.

2 Comments:

Blogger Johnnie Avocado said...

Thanksgiving a Fabrication??!? What? So I guess there's no Santa Claus either, then!!!! Listen to yourself...you're talking crazy!!!! Hope you have a great day:)

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your holiday!!

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home