.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Monday, November 06, 2006

We've all got something to share

Sometimes you just have to stop in the middle of all the craziness going on around you and breathe. Sometimes you just have to remember that this is just a moment in time and it'll pass, just like everything else in your life has. May be sooner, may be later, but it'll pass. Whatever you're going through will be something you can draw on later, whether it's for your own benefit, or someone else's, it'll serve useful one day.

You may be going through times of joy, or sorrow. Doesn't matter, it all needs to be savored so that you'll be able to draw from it when you need to. If you don't learn from life's lessons, then it's as if you've gone through it for nothing...and honestly, that's pretty selfish. As a parent, you get to share what you've learned. You don't think they're listening when you share what you had to learn the hard way, probably because their attitude tells you that they couldn't care less what you've gone through, but then something happens and when you ask how they knew that, they'll tell you 'because you told me', and suddenly, everything you had to go through was worth it.

Whether it's for your kids, a neighbor, a co-worker, or a stranger on a bus, we all learn from one another. Our situation may seem unique to us, but there is honestly very little that's new in the world, and chances are that we can all relate to the lessons we've each had to learn. We may not learn how to avoid ( and I do believe that we may save ourselves pain by avoiding, but that we also cheat ourselves the growth from the experience), but we can learn how to deal.

I've learned from Kellie that trust and patience has it's own reward. I've learned from my dear friend, Pat, that love is a gift, not something earned. I've learned from Tom so many things lately, but one of my favorites is that Auto Zone will install what you buy from them for free...this came in very handy last week. I've learned from my friend, Terri, that real love is worth the wait. I've learned from my best friend, Katy, that distance has nothing to do with how close you are to someone. My list of those I've learned from is way too long to post about, but it does range from my kids, who teach me daily what is important and what isn't, to the guy that bags my groceries at Krogers, whose deformity would make many bitter, and yet he is one of the kindest and funniest people I've ever met.

I hope, that in some small way, I'm giving back from what life has given me, what life has taught me. The sorrow, the joy...the heartaches, the simple pleasures...I hope I've learned from it all. I also hope that I've been able to share those experiences with others. Knowing that we're not alone is sometimes what keeps us going. I hope you'll share today, let someone know that they're not alone.

26 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your not alone, I'm not alone, and the world is not alone, someone will be there for you no matter what you are going thru. Keep your head up and god bless you! Hope you had a wonderful weekend, and tell Terri I said hi, and thanks for everything you guys have done for me. In the past and in the future.

xoxo
Abi

9:15 AM  
Blogger Johnnie Avocado said...

Sometimes I wish I knew the positive impact I had on people. I only hear about the negative stuff I do. Nice post.

9:29 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

abi ~ hon, you've been there for us too! Love you much!

johnnie ~ that's not true, you shared something with me for Charlie a couple of months ago, remember? I remember sharing it with him and telling him who you were and all you'd accomplished, it made an impact on him. AND, all you share on your post about Frodo...it brings back great memories every time I read about you and him. If you only hear negative feedback, then I apologize for not telling you more often how much I appreciate you.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

The biggest value in life is learning. The biggest value in friendship and relationships is learning from it all. I'm glad you're able to see that. It took me a long time to. *sigh* Still learning though!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

Life for me is a series of learning experiences. We need to learn from each other even if it is something simple. Learning is growing even if someone else had to experience it to stop me from suffering. Learning also goes with sharing, being open enough to let others know of those experiences, so they can avoid negative experiences.

1:26 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ me too, hon, me too. :)

rose ~ I love when peoples comments are better than my post. I really do, not being sarcastic, I always love what you comment.

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ability to learn is the most important ability that a person can have. That is what life has taught me and that is what I want to share.

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post! Simple. Like nature reproducing, it just keeps moving forward. The conditions are not always perfect, but somehow in the middle of a giant rock there is a sprout of a giant red wood. We are all destin to be that mighty tree someday.

6:50 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

epsilonicus ~ and you do it well darlin, I'm always so proud of you!

katy ~ my 'bestest' buddy...you know me, I'm nothing if not simple . :)
That was mighty profound, Katy, did Kel write that for you? HUGS!!

10:32 PM  
Blogger Margie said...

Thanks for this post Kathi!
To let another person know they are not alone...and that we care about them, is one of the best gifts we could ever give...and also receive...as in giving to another, we get it all back!

Have a wonderful day!

Margie

10:50 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

margie ~ you know, you give to others every single day in your blog. I can't imagine all you must give of yourself to post your own poems every day...each one special and full of love and insight. Thank YOU Margie, you're an amazing person.

10:58 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

oh kathy, it's people like you that allow me to remain hopeful about the future.

i think that if people like you are making kids as amazing as yours that maybe, just maybe, this planet has a chance.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Xave said...

AMEN!

No *YOU* are someone I can share my Jolly Ranchers with, even the cherries. LOL :-D

12:11 AM  
Blogger Edith said...

Love that post - thanks for sharing.

edith
http://www.photogal938.blogspot.com

5:37 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

I'm the auto zone guy? Grrrreeaat, my legacy for useless information lives on.

6:32 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

sass ~ hey, girl, that's really sweet, BUT sometimes I think my kids are turning out great inspite of me. You give me hope too, your honesty and how caring you are.

xavier ~ LOL, now that's saying something! Thanks!

edith ~ thank you!

tom ~ hey, goof, I said many things...did you not read that?? Selective reading...

7:14 AM  
Blogger Johnny Menace said...

i didn't see my name...

10:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Kathy! YOu teach us all so much, as well. You are an inspiration and an example! :)

11:19 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing your life with all of us!! It is always a joy to read about what is going on with your life.

6:11 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

johnny ~ LOL, darlin, I'm surprised to even see YOU on here. I would never have thought I'd be interesting to you at all, seriously...as boring as I am compared to the blogs I usually see you commenting on. Still, thanks for the visit and the comment!!

kellie ~ thanks sweetie, I appreciate that very much.

michelle ~ I can't figure that out, lol, but sure glad you feel that way. I feel the same way about you!

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREAT stuff. Learning from others is what life's all about. Love it, great examples.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Margie said...

Kathi
Thank you for your very kind words!
They mean so very much to me!

Blessings and joy to you...
always!

Margie:)

8:47 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

I think you have given back. I learn something from the experiences you share with us.

10:31 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

wes ~ don't go flattering me so much, I'll be thinking you're after something. :)

Margie ~ every word true hon, thanks for the blessing.

shawn ~ I adore you, always have, always will.

9:46 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

I'm sitting here smiling. Every day is a different experience at this blog. I love it here, feels like home :)

Gotta love those Auto Zone guys ;)

3:39 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

dabich ~ possibly the nicest comment I've ever received on here, thank you! Oh, my Auto Zone guy wasn't a guy...dang!

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home