.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Great weather and holidays

We had the most wonderful cold front come into Texas yesterday afternoon. Around 5ish it dropped from the mid 80's to the mid 50's. I love the cooler weather! Not cold, but cooler. Feels great outside, and for the first time in 20 some years I can sleep with the windows open! I have a california king bed, and yet, still, I woke up with 3 cats and my dog all cuddled up around me, having me practically pinned. My dog is practically as tall as I am, laying down, and he has taken over what was Marks side of the bed...but last night, he couldn't get close enough to me.

I'm excited about the holidays coming up. Thanksgiving I always cook, so I'm already looking for new recipes and getting the old ones out. Charlie has put in a request for numerous pumpkin pies. I know Thanksgiving and Christmas will be different this year, but I'm excited about it. The boys and I are talking about what we want to do for Christmas. Charlie has asked that we stay home for Christmas this year. Christmas eve is Charlie's birthday, and I can't remember the last time we were home for Christmas because we usually take our vacation during Christmas break. So, this year we're staying home...having a tree and the whole bit. Yeah, I'm excited.

I've been working a lot. Tuesday I had the worst classes I have ever had. I subbed for an art teacher and apparently she gives her kids full reign of the class. There was one class I couldn't get to quiet down enough to answer attendance and she didn't believe in seating arrangements, so I couldn't even account for who was there. The entire day I thought, this will be my last day of subbing...ever. But then I remembered how my kids like to eat...so, that wasn't a realistic option. When classes are this bad, it's not so much the student's fault as it is the teachers. Apparently this was the norm for her classes. Sad. I made it a very early night Tuesday.

As far as things with my family situation...it's pretty much all good. The boys are good, Mark and I are *fingers crossed* getting close to this all being over and we all seem to be settling into a pretty decent routine. Life is pretty good. Spending a LOT of time on Casey's college applications, getting the schools all the information and test results they need...and searching and applying for every scholarship available. Thanks for checking in with me and for your prayers. I'm thankful for all of you. Hugs!

8 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

I heard a cold front was coming in down there. My g/f lives north of Houston and the flooding is so bad schools and roads are closed. 50's aren't too bad for us...lol. Cuz the last few days its been 32.

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving. I love the American Thanksgivings they are so much more festive then up here.

Have a good weekend.

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys have some good plans in place for the holidays.

Christmas Eve birthday, eh? I have an uncle with a Christmas birthday, and my Dad's is two days before Christmas. I think their birthdays and Christmas get jumbled together alot.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Edith said...

I can so understand your frustration at having a class out of control - except I remember having school buses out of control as a substitute bus driver. I couldn't be a teacher though - ever. Getting up in front of all those kids scares me silly!

Hang in there with the family situation. I'll be praying as you come to mind.

edith
www.photogal938.blogspot.com

PS I found your blog off of Lisa's.

12:22 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

miranda ~ I hope your g/f's cold front lasted longer than ours. It'll still cool off at night some, but it warmed up today. :(

3 c's ~ yup, I wanted to have him as far away from Christmas as possible, lol.

edith ~ see, I know I wouldn't have the patience to bus drive kids around. I'd be all over the road yelling at them! Where is your blog?

3:30 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

I love this weather. It has me in such a better mood. I kinda wish it was more cloudy.

Im ready for it to get this way and stay!

5:07 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

anne ~ darlin, you know it doesn't stay this way in Texas. You like cloudy too??? I knew I loved you for a reason.

7:13 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

Christmas and ZChristmas Eve at home is perfect!
It's so comemrcial anymore, that's the perfect thing to do, make it a family time.

UGH on the subbing lol. Hang in there!

5:05 AM  
Blogger Edith said...

Kathy....my blog address is http://photogal938.blogspot.com

I hope that works for you.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home