.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Monday, October 09, 2006

A Little Catch Up

First day back to school for the guys. I made a huge batch of pancakes this morning and it wouldn't surprise me to get a call from Charlie saying he has a stomach ache. He put some pancakes away.
I ended up with something irritating my right eye and a tooth ache, both, on Friday. By Friday evening, after trying to wash the eye out with out any good results and having went through searing pain after trying Visine, I put a patch on with a cloth folded underneath it to keep the eyelid shut and keep it from scratching the eye any worse. I had, also, used so much Ambesol on my tooth that day, without much results, that I got the idea of trying to inject Ambesol into the tooth using one of those little things that the vet had given me to shoot medicine down the cats throats. Yeah, I know... When I tried this, there wasn't really anywhere for all the Ambesol to go but back out of my mouth covering my lips, numbing most of my mouth. So, late Friday evening I'm talking out of the corner of my mouth, unable to keep fluids from dribbling down my chin and wearing a patch that barely hides a folded up cloth covering my eye. Just my luck...all prettied up and nowhere to go.
The boys went to the Texas State Fair Saturday, and they had a great time. Casey drove them to the train and they took the train to Pearl Station in Dallas, which supplied a shuttle to get them to the fair. I get a text from Casey about 2 hours after they left asking me where they went when they got off at St. Paul. I felt my heart skip a couple of beats thinking they're down in Dallas, lost, but when I called them to tell them to try and catch a train back to Pearl Station, where they were suppose to get off, Casey answers the phone laughing. It was a joke. Not a funny one, but a joke. They got home that night with some great stories and both of them laughing a lot. I'm so glad they had a good time...by themselves. They both needed that. Later on Sunday when Mark was over, Charlie was telling him that after the Texas ~ OU game ended (which is there near the fair grounds and the crowd just piles into the fair) there were a lot of fights breaking out everywhere. I stopped in my tracks. Somehow they'd forgotten to tell me this. When I told Charlie 'you didn't tell me that', he just shrugged and said 'well, I wasn't in any of them'. Small blessings, but blessings all the same.

Casey is finishing his essay for his TCU application, and he's writing it on a significant person that has meaning for him. It's titled MY MOM. The first time I read it, I cried. When he's done with it, I'll put it on here. I am so thankful for the life that I have.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad they enjoyed the day at the fair, you should go yourself and enjoy a day out. Have a wonderful week.

XOXO
Abi

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s.
oh and tell Casey that was not a funny joke!

4:00 PM  
Blogger HuneeB said...

How's your eye and your tooth? I hope it feels better! It sounds like your boys had a great time, I am glad they did! I can't wait to read Casey's essay!

(HUG)

:)

2:25 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

You are going to have to pay my dental bills now....aaaaahhhh....that was so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MY Mom...........Awesome!!

8:03 AM  
Blogger GERBEN said...

Wow, I hope that your eye and your tooth are better. Do I have to get on to you like Anne did me about my tooth??? I'll do it you know!


Awwwwwwwwww, My Mom. How sweet is THAT?

9:30 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

I never thought about taking the train! My biggest issue with the fair is the parking..a shuttle would be perfect. Thanks Kathi..

I cant wait to read his essay..Im sure it will make all of us cry..except for Tom of course.

Now. Have you gone to the dentist? If you havent then I will start my hardcore campaign to get you in that chair.

Hope its not hurting too bad.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Margie said...

"All prettied up and nowhere to go"
You are funny Kathi!
But, I hope your eye n tooth are
better!

How beautiful... MY MOM!
I will be looking forward to reading it!

Take care!

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's up, MOM? :)

Long time, no talk. Sorry, been really busy lately and I haven't made my rounds like I should.

First off, LOVE the kitty pics below.

And secondly.... how does Texas have state fair since it's you know, so huge? Does it last weeks or a month? :)

8:40 PM  
Blogger HuneeB said...

Kathi the fact that you are trying to INJECT ambesol into your tooth is probably not a good sign! Geez the fact that you would even consider doing it let alone do it probably means you should pay the dentist a visit!

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home