.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

We all need hero's

We all need a hero. At least one, hopefully several. To me, a hero is someone who does something for you that you can not do for yourself. They come in all shapes and sizes, of all intellects, local and long distance. I'm blessed with several hero's.

I have hero's. I have two that live me. Two that keep me focused on what is truly important...and what's not. Two that hold me when I didn't even realize that I desperately needed to be held. Two that remind me minute by minute what true love is.

I have hero's. I have friends that know me and yet still love me. I have friends that actually say the words 'I love you' and I know they mean it. I have friends that call me to make sure I'm okay in spite of what's going on in their own lives...that will not allow me to direct the conversation to them when they know I need to vent, to cry and to laugh, and laugh hard. I have friends that I talk to several times a day and friends that I talk to a couple times a week, and I need every single one of them.

I have hero's. I have a mom that isn't related to me by blood or law, but simply because she loves me. She cares about me and makes sure that I know that she cares about me, from emailing to calling to sending me things to read in the mail, she lets me know she cares...and for many years she's been a living example of what real love is.

I have hero's. I have neighbors who are, and have been for many, many years, on call. Whether it's to take care of my animals to picking my kids up when I've needed them to, they've been there for me. I have neighbors who have told me the truth when I didn't want to hear it, but needed to hear it. I have neighbors who yelled at my kids when they were little to get out of the street like they were their own children, because that's the way we all were with each others kids and I wouldn't have had it any other way. My kids grew up knowing they were accountable wherever they were, not just when mom was watching.

I have hero's. I have bloggers that I read daily and they lift me up, whether spiritually, emotionally or intellectually. They make my days better by sharing themselves with me and others. They take time out of their lives to help someone smile, to give someone the kind of laugh that hurts your side and makes tears run down your face, or to inform others of things we wouldn't have known otherwise. I appreciate all of these things, because I know how much easier it is not to blog.

Yes, I have hero's...I'm blessed with several.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My personal heroes are anyone that owns more than 7 cats, anyone that aspires to own 7 cats, but not anyone that would bet against getting another cat. That's just evil.

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My personal heroes are anyone that owns more than 7 cats, anyone that aspires to own 7 cats, but not anyone that would bet against getting another cat. That's just evil.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

I think that you are a hero to a lot of people too (like me)

:)

11:39 AM  
Blogger mikster said...

Hero's are always a good thing. If they can cook that's icing on the cake.

11:45 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

anonytom ~ I think people who try to psych people into losing a bet are evil...

anne ~ darlin, if anyone is a hero, it's you.

mike ~ icing is always good, but canned is fine with me. :)

12:31 PM  
Blogger Margie said...

I have Hero's also!
You made me think of some in my life!
Thank you Kathi!
This poem is for you... as I believe you are a hero to yourself
and your boys!

HERO

Although a safe
contented life
Brings peace and
happiness to some....

A wider deeper joy
is found
In trials
bravely
overcome!

1:00 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

samuru999 ~ thank you, that was a wonderful poem. It's amazing how you do this every day!

1:17 PM  
Blogger SmileDragon said...

Hi hon. Just stopping by to say hi, email me sometime. I don't really have much time for the blogging anymore with a 'real' job and all.

xoxo
Crystal

10:19 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

I like your definition "To me, a hero is someone who does something for you that you can not do for yourself." We all need a hero and need to be a hero whenever possible.

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kath just swinging your way to say hi and to see how you guys are doing, tell the boys I say hello.

xoxo
Abi

7:59 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

A beautiful post. I love reading here, it's always a good spot.
Thanks kathi :)

8:54 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Best singing voice,(which isn't very darn good) ~~ You are the wind beneath my wings.........~~~~

Huh? Oh...sorry....did you ever know that your my hero?


*walks away giggling*

P.S. Just a moment of seriousness...great post Kathi. :-)

9:38 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Beautiful Kath! You're a hero to many----I know it. As a blogger, you always uplift "me" with your words and your strength. I also find comfort reading your spiritual blog as well.

Thanks Kath! xxoo

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home