.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Monday, November 20, 2006

Still Here

Well, I didn't mean to be gone so long. I kept thinking I'd post, but sometimes there just aren't enough hours in my day. If I had more hours, I'd still fill them up, so more time in a day wouldn't work. Would I change anything though? No. Life is about as good as it gets. Room for improvement, absolutely. But, it's been a long time since it's been this good.

Casey is healthy, thanks so much for all the emails and calls. The Z pack the Dr. put him on kicked the strep in a couple of days, but I did make him stay home on Tuesday because he had a fever. After that, he was good to go. Saturday I got to watch him run out onto the field at the Texas Stadium, and that was just awesome. Our Eagles won the game against Rowlette, 42 ~ 14. We'll be back there next Saturday in a game against Mesquite. If you're not from Texas, this means nothing to you, so sorry...but here, it's a pretty big deal.

The boys and I have gone shopping for Thanksgiving and got all our favorites. It'll just be the three of us, and it'll be different, but that's not a bad thing. Actually, there are ways that it being different will be better, and I won't go into details there, not at this time anyway. We've been invited to friends houses, and though I appreciate that, we are kind of looking forward to this time by ourselves. It's all new to us, and we're enjoying it. We bought our Christmas tree last week and the boys want to start putting up the outdoor lights and such this week while they're off for Thanksgiving break. Charlie rented the movie The Christmas Story and asked if we could watch it Thanksgiving to start off the Christmas season. A little early, but it's definitely okay with me. I am hoping to put off putting up the tree for a couple of weeks though, but I will admit I'm looking as forward to putting it up as they are. My shopping for Charlie is completely finished, and I know that every mom out there is laughing at that statement because we will shop, if for nothing else but stocking stuffers, up until the night before Christmas. My shopping for Casey...barely started. The only thing he has asked for is for a new headliner for his car, and thanks to my buddy in Oklahoma, I knew what to ask for and did find someone close to where I live to put a new one in. So, that's all good. Other than that, all he says he wants is a hug and my love...which I gladly give, but I hope to come up with something that will both surprise and excite him for Christmas morning. After all the kids have been through this year, I want to make this a good Christmas for them. They've kept asking me what I want, and I think I've given them something to work with that, together, they'll be able to afford and will have to agree on to get it, so I'm very excited about Christmas morning this year.

I always start thinking about my mom a lot this time of year. My mom died December 18, 1990. She called that night before she went to bed to tell us that she loved us and then she died in her sleep. A week after Christmas I received a large box in the mail with my moms handwriting on it, and it was full of wrapped presents in it to all of us here. She had mailed it the day before she died. I kept all the tags on the gifts and have them put up in the kids baby books and a couple that I keep in my Christmas ornament boxes, and I hang those on the Christmas tree. I love my mom very much, and I'd give anything to have had her to talk to over the past few months. I miss her still.

I'm sorry I've been absent from writing and reading, but if I can battle the kids for computer time, I'll try to get caught up on y'all soon. I hope all is well and that life is good for each and every one of you.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great Thanksgiving! We are doing a meal with just us, too. Hubby's sister is having a thing at her house, but it's right smack in the middle of my son's naptime, and they have about 28 people there, and the crowd's really not our thing. We plan to visit them for a bit later in the day.

7:13 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

Crowds have never been my thing either, so I can definitely relate to you there. I hope your day is wonderful!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'm so glad to know that you are doing so well. I was definitely getting worried that you had maybe gotten sick as well as Casey.

We will be on our own for Christmas this year and I really am glad about that too. I think that it always helps us to focus on what the day is truly about when you are not stressed out trying to go visit everyone. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your boys!!

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Casey is better and good game against Rowlwett, GO EAGLES! Now its the game with Mesquite that I am a little worried about. But they will do their best. Hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving, my prayers are with you guys and you know ya'll are more than welcome to come over to my parents house on Thurdsay there will be plenty, you know how we do it, "thats how we roll" anothers words, Casey's thoughts. LOL Hello to both of the young men in the house.

xoxo
Abi

8:05 AM  
Blogger Johnnie Avocado said...

We miss you Kathi! ((tear))

9:29 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

You were gone? LOL.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Thanks for the tearjerking moment about your mom and ornaments. Always pulling the heart strings.

Enjoy your holiday.

Are you making anymore Chocolate Pecan Pies?

10:21 AM  
Blogger Margie said...

Have a wonderful Thankgiving Kathi!
Blessings to you and your family!

Margie

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great Thanksgiving! Think of me in memphis...
Tell Casey I said good luck, play hard, kick some butt!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Edith said...

Good to get caught up on what's going on with you. Those quiet times at home - with just immediate family - can be so refreshing. Enjoy.

God bless.
edith

12:20 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Glad you are doing alright. Im impressed that you have started Christmas shopping! I bet you guys have a great Thanksgiving and Christmas. Sounds like you have a good start already!

1:10 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

michelle ~ thanks for caring about me! I agree with that completely. As much as I love my in-laws, it always made me so nervous to go see them. Love staying home.

abi ~ thanks hon, sure your family would appreciate the 3 of us, lol. But, give them all a hug for me, love you sweetie!

johnnie ~ awwwwww, I'm going to take that as sincere and say thanks!! :)

tom ~ I've said it before and I'll say it again...ass. Hugs!

shawn ~ I didn't mean to pull those ole' heart strings! I'd soooo forgotten about those pies, and I didn't have a craving for them till you brought it up. Now...chances are I'll be making a couple. Or trying to anyway. :)

samuru999 ~ thanks margie, you too!!

katy ~ sorry I didn't call you back last night, forgot about a TDC meeting, call you in a minute. I'm making trash. :) :) :)

edith ~ thank you! Thanks for checking in with me too.

anne ~ I'm actually late on my shopping...usually nearly done by the end of October. Love you cutie!

3:10 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

We are having our own Thanksgiving Dinner also, hubby, me, my daughter and my stepson. It will be Special :)
Congrats on the football wins, keep going YAY!!
Loved the story about your Mom, that's a priceless memory :)

3:47 AM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

I had no idea about your mom... my heart goes out to you ~ With regards to the Thanksgiving with you and the boys... I am excited for you! Sounds like it is going to be a good day!

Also, I feel your pain on the not enough hours in the day thing... I had such a hard time figuring out time to sit down and blog!

7:50 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

dabich ~ we should share some of our favorite recipes. Since I'm not much of a cook, y'all would come up with the short end of the stick though...but I've got a couple of good ones.

lovelladro ~ it's why I could relate to your mom's passing. It's hard to describe, but though I miss her, I feel like she's always with me.
Happy Thanksgiving to you too, hon. Big hug!

10:31 AM  
Blogger sassinak said...

oh sweetie, i have tears thinking of your mom. it sounds like someone guided her hand that day that's for sure.

i know the feeling about being awol from your blog, i just can't seem to find time to keep up with it all!

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home