.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Great Day

Hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving. We had a very relaxing day and a whole lot of food. I'd bought a 21 lb. turkey for the boys and I. Yeah, well, none of us eat anything but white meat and this gives us several days of leftovers. Plus, I have a couple of neighbors who visit relatives for Thanksgiving and always help themselves to my leftovers.
We watched movies, football, listened to Charlie play his new guitar (yup, got one on Tuesday. Traded the Jackson in for an Ice Man. Like I have a clue what I'm talking about), ate, napped and put up a few Christmas decorations. The boys are putting up the outside lights tomorrow, and then we'll start decorating the inside.
Got some pictures for you:

Charlie eager for me to start cooking!



















My goofball attacking my Butterball

















Charlie entertaining us with new stuff he's written



















Casey watching football after dinner :)













Butchie sleeping off his (her... I meant HER, thanks Shawn)Thanksgiving dinner on my keyboard while I blog
















Being surrounded by what you're thankful for most is the perfect way to celebrate Thanksgiving. All of this plus The Closer marathon too! Hope all of you enjoyed your day as much as I did.

15 Comments:

Blogger DZER said...

looks like it was a good thanksgiving for you and yours ... I'm a white-meat guy myself, so I think I'm gonna raid yer fridge ;)

7:55 AM  
Blogger Margie said...

So glad you all had such a special day!
Love all the pics Kathi...thanks for sharing them!
Have a lovely weekend!

Margie

9:54 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Wow..Casey got blonde and Butchie got BIG!

Sounds like you guys had a great day! :)

11:02 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

CHARLIE. Not Casey. CHARLIE.

Jeez.

11:03 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

dzer ~ hon, you're welcome to raid my fridge anytime you want.

margie ~ you know I love sharing pics of my babies. :) You too, hope your weekend is wonderful and that you're feeling back to normal.

anne ~ lol, you sweet thing.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

It doesn't get much better than falling asleep on the couch after stuffing yourself silly!! I'm glad that y'all had such a wonderful day!!

4:19 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

michelle ~ yup, we did. Hope y'all did too!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Wait a minute, Butchie's a "he?" I thought the opposite was true.

My Thanksgiving was relaxing. I cooked a few things to go with the holiday meal and watched a little NFL.

8:16 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

shawn ~ she's not a he, she's a she...LOL, can't believe I got that wrong! Thanks guy!

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Casey looks like he got to see a lot of football! Hahahaha lol. I am glad that had a great holiday. Thats a lot of turkey! Send me a plate!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

Looks like it was worth the effort.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Johnnie Avocado said...

that sounded great. Glad you had fun.

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day. Ours was, too.

2:46 PM  
Blogger GERBEN said...

LOL, looks like Casey is watching the insides of his eyes to me! *grin* I'm glad to hear that you all had such a great day.

2:58 PM  
Blogger SmileDragon said...

Glad to hear you had a good TGiving day! :)

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home