.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Friday, December 15, 2006

They Lie

Don't believe them...they give you  instructions about being washer safe, but they lie! 

I tried to wash a rug yesterday that, with our having three dogs, needed it, and because of the instructions telling me it was washer safe (but to air dry) I washed it in my heavy duty, stainless steel tub, 14 month old, GE washer.  Big mistake.  Even bigger mistake to do it so close to Christmas time when money is so tight. 

Saving grace, though, was that I didn't settle for GE's repair service.  They couldn't come out till next Wednesday and it'd be an $80 trip charge plus repair cost.  Two of our local well known repair service companies cost about the same and couldn't come out until next Tuesday.  Yeah, I've got two kids and do laundry every single day...that isn't going to work for me.  In the yellow pages I found a small ad for a company that had the BBB logo, could come out today and only charged me $35 for the trip fee plus repair.  They were out with-in 70 minutes and as helpful as could be.  Not only that, but the service guy gave me some names of other local companies (plumbers, electricians) that were family owned and wouldn't rob me blind should I ever need them. 

Okay, my sweet friends, the Eagles play Southake Carrol tomorrow at the Texas Stadium.  It's the semi-finals.  Don't pay attention to where you are or who's going to hear you...let's let it ring y'all.....c'mon, let me hear you...GOOOOOO EAGLES!!!!!!

Thank you...thank you very much.  :)

10 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Sorry about your washer, that really sucks right before Christmas. I'm glad though that you found a great repair company who didn't "rob you blind". Have a great weekend!!!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

*Looks up at this lovely spammer*

Umm, Kath, break yourself away from your television set and get rid of this smut in your comment section- NOT Michelle (the spammer with the sex ads) ---just in case this is seen when Kathi deletes it.

Sorry to hear about your washer, but it's a good thing that guy came and gave you other contacts.

Enjoy your weekend!!!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Dang it. I must have missed the smut.

One of my pet peeves is any faulty appliance, large or small. I am no Laura Ingalls and have no desire to use a washboard or butter churn in my lifetime (although I have the giant arms for it). Thank goodness for technology and for people who can keep it all running.

11:03 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

michelle ~ yup, well...he was a really nice guy, and I'm surely thankful for that! Nice truck too.

deb ~ LOL, that was pretty wild, huh? And, I'd NOT caught it if it'd not been for the email with your comment...not as soon, anyway, geeze...too funny.

nancy ~ well, hon, you missed more than I care to share, lol. Yeah, I'm no Laura Ingalls. I'd probably end up running the clothes through the dish washer before I'd do them by hand...good thing I have a good appliance guy. :)

7:35 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

Eagles...hmmm...the other white meat. I am guessing that sticking a big ass rug in your dryer was a bad call. I thought you folks just beat it..the rugs that is. I hope the car turned out ok. Talk to you soon.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

How cool of the washer guy..that is really freakin cheap. I love it when you find people like that.

I hope they won the game!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

that was very reasonable and very good of the person to give you referrals of others too.

1:38 AM  
Blogger DZER said...

sounds like the rug was washer safe ... but the washer wasn't rug safe ... heh

3:41 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

So...how did the game go????????????

I HATE when appliances break down. GrRrrr!!

4:35 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

tom ~ I don't beat anything...and you could have told me that about the rug before I put it in.

anne ~ yeah, he was a good guy. Left one of his tools behind. :)

rose ~ no kidding!

dzer ~ now, THAT was funny!

dabich ~ so sad...lost big time. Yeah, ME TOO!!

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home