.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Mourning Ole' Yeller

After waiting all day for the call that never came, I took a deep breath and made the call to them.  The news was bad.  Worse than we'd ever expected.  The engine on Casey's car had locked up and basically, ole' yeller had to be put down yesterday. 

 

I don't know if I'd ever told you about this car.  My dad gave this car to us 7 years ago, maybe 8, I can't remember.   It's a 1988 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Brougham.  We've always called it 'Pop's car'.   Katy and I use to say it was like driving a big comfy couch down the road.  I absolutely love this car. We've always had people asking  us if we'd consider selling Ole' Yeller.  I've had countless strangers knock on my door, stop me in a parking lot, even asking me through my window as they'd be driving by me.  Lately, as long as it's been Casey's car, I've asked him if he'd want to sell it and put the money towards something newer but the answer was always the same, "no, I love my car" and that'd be that. 

 

We're all upset, and as you can imagine, especially Casey.  He loves that car.  Every extra cent I had has gone into that car; one, to make sure it was safe for Casey for all he's got coming up (college and all); two, with the understanding that it was his Christmas present.  I've got to admit that the headliner and the repair work on the front we had done looked excellent!  Casey was really pleased with it, proud even.  Maybe I can have it towed back here and he can look out the window at it on Christmas morning.  Who says sarcasm isn't alive and well? 

 

We called and emailed friends and our church last night asking for prayers and help finding either a good used car with a lot miles left on it that we could afford or leads on an engine or a rebuilt engine that, once again, we could afford.   

 

I've never done this before, but I'm going to (if I can figure out how) turn off the comments on this post and just ask if you'd take the time you'd spend on commenting and lift us up in prayer instead.  I do so love your comments, but I believe strongly in the power of prayer and we are strongly in need of your prayers. 

Big hug to all.