.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Love To You All

Happy Valentine's Day

Sweet Leesa did a post on Valentine's Day memories, and at the time, I couldn't remember any that stood out. Yeah, I know, that's sad. But apparently I've had that sort of life, and either I've never kept the 'good guys' or the 'good guys' have never kept me...dunno.
However, my good buddy, Tom, has given me a lot of great ideas of what can be and what I should be looking for in a mate. I'm not looking for a mate, because it will be hard for me to ever trust anyone again...but I'm putting that into God's hands and let Him deal with my heart because, again, appparently I'm just not very good at it.
Here are some of the things that Tom has asked me, or told me lately. They're appropriate for Valentine's Day. (And just to remind you, Tom has a very smart assed sense of humor, one of the reasons he's a good friend...I appreciate that quality in a person.)

"Do you think you will find another that has meaning, that will allow you to coast into old age, (it's a short hill for you baby, lol) snuggled in a blanket of love and security that is second to God, but just barely?"
I loved this. It gives me something to hope for, because frankly, I don't think I've ever known anyone who has made me feel this way, loved and secure. Both of my marriages were with men who were not good at showing love and definitely never made me feel secure; emotionally, financially or physically. So, this has given me something to look for in a man and something to put into my prayers to God.

"Do you know that you are a vibrant, exciting woman? Have you any idea that you have an entire life ahead of you, that will always involve your sons...but not in the manner you are accustomed to? That there are many guys out there that would give the left side of their anatomy to get to share their lives with you? That there are wholesome, christian, and well adjusted men that are looking for you, not just someone like you. I'm not saying any of this because I want to be that guy, in fact I am saying it because I cannot be that guy. I live too far away, and I know we are too much of pals for anything like that. Always the bridesmaid, lol. I want you to be happy, in love, and know what it's like for someone to cherish your every heartbeat. You not only deserve it, so does the guy that finds you. I mention these things because I think you have forgotten, as a long marriage to someone that cannot show love will do to a person, what qualities you possess. Yes, you are a great mom. Yes, you are a great friend. Yes, you are a good christian (personally I liked the sister christian better than good christian, but I am partial to 80's rock.) You have a lot of life left to live. Anyone that gets to be touched by that life, spiritually/physically or both will be better for it. I am blessed that I get to be a small part of your life. Love ya. Happy V.D. "
Okay, this almost made me cry, because I've never had anyone be so encouraging to me. This made a huge impact on me. I'd hardened my heart towards the thought of ever trusting another man with my future again. But, maybe there is someone out there that can be these things to me. I do believe that God has someone for everyone, and never intended for us to be alone. It's okay to be alone, but not alone.
Tom's email was probably one of the best Valentine's gifts I've ever received, because it touched me where I needed to be touched. In my heart, my mind and my spirit.
I wish this for you all for Valentine's Day. Not just today, but for tomorrow and all your tomorrows. I wish you love, hope, laughter and smiles...and I wish for you someone to share these things with daily.
Thanks Tom, you're a great friend and have given me a great gift...hope.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Much love to all,
kathi

15 Comments:

Blogger Leesa said...

Tom seems to be a very good friend. From what I remember, your house is the cool house on the block. You tend to draw in good people. Whether you want it or not, at some point, some nice man will enter your life and perhaps rock the boat a bit. Then you will have to figure out what to do. Until then, just take some time to be loved.

10:39 AM  
Blogger 3carnations said...

Tom sounds like a very good friend indeed. Just HOW far away does he live? Just kidding...you're pals, I know!

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Val's Day Kath. Love ya guys bunches....xoxo

Abi

2:09 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Tom's right. You have so much to offer someone, but most importantly you deserve to find someone who will offer those things to you in return!!

Happy Valentine's Day, I hope that your boys bring you lots of chocolate!!

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This Tom sounds like quite a guy. I would marry him. LOL.

6:24 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

leesa ~ I've got nothing but time...no hurry here. :)

3 c's ~ lol, far, far, far away...about 10 miles. KIDDING.

abi ~ thanks hon, love the hair!

michelle ~ thanks, I do like the way you said that!

tom ~ you goofball.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Happy Valentine's Day Kath!!! xxoo

God will bring you the right man if it's meant to be. You're a precious lady with a lot to offer! Hang in there!

Love you!

11:54 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ I believe that, but I'm just not looking yet. But I'm a hangin, lol.
Love you too!

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did cry. Wow, you're truly blessed to have someone like that in your life.

7:07 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

tom ~ get a tissue...and yeah, I am.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

kathi...that last anonymous was not me...I swear.

2:53 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

cas: i MISS your blog!

kathi darlin' that kind of pal can often be turned into the other kind... and often can't. y'all are the only ones who know which way your friendship will go.

that said, i agree with every word he said...

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, anon. wasn't Tom-I'm female. Tom from the much missed BBB blog?! Holy cow! I'd have never guessed what was under the sarcasm and wit. Come back Tom! Come back!

8:37 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

tom ~ just a shakin' my head

sass ~ we all miss his blog, dang it tom!! I'm hoping I didn't make it sound like there is anything between Tom and I but FRIENDSHIP...he's my good buddy. C'mon people...he's my buddy!

anon ~ hmmmmmm, I do agree that Tom needs to bring a blog back (he's got way too much time on his hands).

9:57 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Sorry I missed wishing you a happy Valentine's Day. I do hope it was beautiful for you and your family.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home