.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Friday, March 09, 2007

A Great Day

The boys and I took a day trip yesterday to Dinosaur Valley State Park. It's in Glen Rose, a little less than two hours from us if you were to drive there without getting lost. It took us longer...both ways. Yeah, well hush, we love road trips so we don't mind going a bit out of our way. Again, both ways, lol.

We had so much fun. We all took our ipods and took turns hooking them up to the stereo in the car. We stopped in Glen Rose to get lunch, then ate it at the park.

At the park, they had three sites sectioned off with dinosaur tracks. I tried to take a picture of one, but I'm not sure you can see it as well as we could in person.(It's better enlarged, give it a click)












There are several trails to start from after you cross the river:

















We started on the blue trail. We pretty much stayed on the blue trail (we're better at trails), except to go off and climb the occasional rock or explore on our own a little. It was a blast. We had so much fun. It was a beautiful day, low 80's, but we were in the shade a lot and there was a great breeze. Here are a few pictures:


















































After staying on our trail for three hours, we were pretty tired and took what looked like a short cut, only it involved crossing the river. *I didn't notice this till now, but enlarge this picture of the guys (click on it) and check out Charlie's shirt. Pretty much a great caption for how Casey is feeling*














The river water felt great! It came about mid thigh on me, a little below the knee on the boys. I was so surprised that I crossed it without falling. In fact, the entire trip was accident free for me, which was very unusual. It was so sweet the way the guys would lift tree branches for me, give me their hand to help me jump off rocks when they did it in a single running leap. They were great with me. There were a couple of times that I sat on a rock and enjoyed the quiet while they went off rock climbing. Once I went with them, but it scared me so much watching them, that I had to distance myself from them.
Anyway, after crossing the river and climbing back up a few hills, we found ourselves in the middle of someones camp ground. We asked a few kids for directions, which was a desperate and futile attempt. Then we ran into an older couple walking their dog, and they were able to point us in the general direction to where our trail began and our car was left. Another 40 minutes and we found it. Geeze, we were all exhausted. I started laughing when both the boys chimed at the same time "I think I can see our car!". It was obviously something that made them both very happy. I wasn't tall enough to see above the tall grass, or I'd been just excited, I'm sure.
I've got a ton of pictures, finally some to put up on my picture blog again...not today, but soon. Right now, I'm taking a couple of Aleve and putting these sore muscles back to bed.
Y'all have a great weekend.

19 Comments:

Blogger Johnnie Avocado said...

Dude...this souned and looked like a blast. Glad you shared. I need your advice, Kathi...see my site.

9:15 AM  
Blogger 3carnations said...

Wow! That looks like a wonderful time! I'm so glad you all had the opportunity to do that!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

What a fun day! Gorgeous weather!

9:26 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

johnnie ~ praying for you and yours, trust your gut (it's not just your gut :) ).

3 c's ~ it was so much fun, we all had a ball. Lot's of smiles, lot's of laughter, lot's of whining when we got tired, lol.

nancy ~ It really was!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Margie said...

Wonderful pictures Kathi!
So glad you all had such a great time togither!
Have a great weekend!

Hey, come see my new puppy when you have the time!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Wow- this looks like a lot of fun! It's nice that you got to spend some time with the boys. I love the relationship you have with them Kath!

Love to you! Enjoy the weekend!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

Thanks for sharing. Those are great pictures too. I got tired watching all the action but I know that activities like this would be so good for me. I need to try these types of nature activities.

10:40 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

margie ~ he's adorable! Oh my gosh, I'm so jealous!

deb ~ it was so much fun! Yeah, I can't imagine not having my guys, they're the best.

rose ~ lady...it wore us all out and they're young AND in good shape! The only difference is that they're not sore like I am today...but they are still tired. :)

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Advil is better. You have to rest those old bones, drink some milk or something would you? I did notice there is never a picture of kathi. I am starting to wonder if there really is a kathi. I think this is a huge conspiracy...the man trying to keep me down and all. Glad you had fun in the wooods.

1:06 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

getting ~ I don't have Advil, thank you, I have Aleve. And you're right, you've figured it out, I honestly do not exist.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Politically Homeless said...

That looks like a blast!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'm glad ya'll had such a great day together.

I love going on family outings like that, such great memories are always made!!!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

It's not true that some of your footprints were next to the dinosaur prints is it? LOL. Have a nice weekend.

7:43 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

brian ~ it was a great time! Thanks for including me today, that made me feel very special, thank you so much.

michelle ~ it surprises me how much they remember from when they were little. We were there about...maybe 8 or 9 years ago and they were pointing out where we'd ate before and the hotel we'd stayed in. Made me happy to know they'd remembered that.

tom ~ no, I wasn't heavy enough to leave prints behind. :)

9:31 PM  
Blogger SmileDragon said...

Sounds like y'all had a blast!

4:02 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

smiledragon ~ hey girl!! How are you??

7:05 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

Ahhh...a wonderful time had by all. By the way, I clicked on the picture of the shirt with the way you all had to feel BEFORE you suggested it lol. I got a laugh out of it!

3:40 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

dabich ~ lol, Charlie's always good for that!

7:46 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Oo, this sounds like fun.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home