.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter...to me

Easter has turned into something sweet, soft and fuzzy, and looking pretty for Church. Those things are great, bearing in mind what Easter truly is. It was a cruel, painful and heartbreaking three days...and above all, it was and is LOVE. His love for us.

If I could drive one thing home to anyone, it would be that Christ did not come to save the righteous, but the sinner. Thank God, that means He came for me...and for you. To celebrate His resurrection this Easter, you must also celebrate His brutal death. To forget what He went through would diminish His resurrection.

With all of that said, I can not apologize for the graphic reality in this video. I hope it will touch you. May God bless your Easter with the understanding of the true gift you have been given.

9 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Kath,

I must admit, I couldn't watch the whole thing because it tears me apart- and my make up was running down my cheek. What He's done for us is something we cannot even fathom! I mean, the sacrifice that he went through, just for us, just for our sins, because He loved us SOOOOO much... Who loves us more than that? His love is something we'll never comprehend, but we can appreciate and rejoice in what He has done for us this weekend.

You're right. I don't understand the 'bunnies' and 'peeps' + the egg hunts, but I guess it's to make light of what actually happened, and to have joy in what's to come. Our salvation.

Thanks Kathi- it's so refreshing to see someone walk in faith as you do!

I love you! xxoo
Happy Easter to you & your family!

11:12 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ I know, yet the ending (or the beginning) is so worth going through it.
Please don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the way anyone celebrates Easter. I'd just hope they would remember and pass along to their children why it's celebrated; and without the death and all it entailed, the resurrection would be meaningless.

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The message of the sermon I attended this morning dealt with the issue of "the greatest event the world has ever seen".

Of course, it was "Easter". And of course, as the message said, some will never understand.

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is this Christ guy I keep hearing about? Was he on American Idol? I did a google search for him and all I could get was a janitor living in Carlsbad, California. Shhh, but I think he is an illegal.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Amy and I were just talking about this yesterday at Easter, how the person (God) *trinity* ---Jesus----the one Lord we love so much, with all our hearts had to endure all that pain and suffering before His death. That's what makes me sad. But, at the same time, it makes me happy knowing what He did it for...yet I still get so emotional when I see that clip or when I watched that movie. It just hurts to see someone who loves us soooooo much go through sooooooo much. Did that make any sense whatsoever?

I'm babbling now. But you get my drift!

Hope you had a great Easter Kath! Thanks for reminding us what it's all about. Sometimes I get so lost with the kids and the eggs and the fricken peeps that'll eventually give them diabetes later.


*sigh*

9:36 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

What an amazing gift we were given on that glorious day!!!

I don't know why but when I saw the movie and yet again when I saw this clip it doesn't make me sad, it makes me feel grateful. Each time I have just felt like lifting my hands and praising His name for what He did for me, even though I don't deserve it.

I hope you and your boys had a wonderful day celebrating the resurrection of our Savior!!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

I watched the entire video with tears of gratitude. He went through so much to save us but so many don't appreciate it. Wow this made it so real to me. I could not watch Passion because it was too hard. I forced myself to look, spiritual it will make me stronger.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

I don't go to church on Easter Sunday. It is just too darned crowded. Now that I have said that, I am a bit embarrassed. Not much of a sacrifice.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every time I come here and see that first YouTube image, I think it's a picture of a dead al Zarqawi.

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home