.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Friday, May 04, 2007

Two Days After The Storm

With the help of a couple of friends, a couple of neighbors and a lot of hard, sweaty work, it's all cleaned up! I do still have some broken limbs hanging down onto my roof in the back, but the yards are all cleaned up! I appreciated everyone so much. Casey and Charlie especially appreciated the chainsaws a friend brought with him, they'd been doing it with a small hand saw for a few hours. We're all sore today, but what a difference a day, friends and a lot of hard work makes!





































The back yard is all cleaned up, too. Now it's up to the city to pick up what my friend couldn't fit into his truck. The city has it's hands full with debris, but we're a town blessed without anyone physically harmed. Many trees were pulled up by their roots, many houses lost their roofs and their fences, lots of cars damaged...but no people were physically hurt.
So, with some sore muscles, a couple of Aleve and a cup of coffee to go, I'm off to work. Enjoy your day.

14 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Are you sure that a tornado didn't hit? This is absolutely amazing. Thank God for the help you received, but most of all, thank God that you & your family weren't hurt in all of this.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

I did not realize Dallas ever got bad weather (well, other than cold winters and hot summers).

11:14 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'm so glad that y'all got lots of help on the clean-up. What a blessing it is to have good friends!!

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friends. A luxury to some, a necessity to others. Reciprocal by nature, exclusionary when needed.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

I had no clue. Glad you got most it cleaned up.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Brea said...

Wow! i'm glad you are safe.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hmmmmm...anonymous.... that name pretty much says it all. But maybe that's just me...


Kathi,Your friendship is a gift I give myself every single day. Friendship is not something to be used, it's something to treasure. You don't have to be a neccesity, you are a CHOICE.

Love you.

Period.

11:24 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ lol, no darlin', no tornado in our area, but they did come close. Charlie and I were out on the porch the entire storm watching it, we love storms. It was an amazing sight!

leesa ~ mild winters and unbearable heat in the summer. Yup, that pretty much wraps it up.

michelle ~ that's a fact.

shawn ~ well, long way from CA.

brea ~ thanks for caring!

lisa ~ I love you, too. Leaning on each other keeps us both standing, huh?

12:56 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Wow! I love stormy weather, but 100 mph is a bit over the top. I'm glad you and your family are okay.

Thanks for your kind words on my blog. I am so happy to know you and had no idea I would find so much support on line when I started to write. What a blessing you are, too.

Now rest those sore musk-uls.

Much love,
Nance

6:33 PM  
Blogger Johnnie Avocado said...

OMG....I can't believe this.......way to hang in there :P

7:54 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

these storms are very destructive especially lately. I heard about another small town that was 95 percent wiped out today. Thank God that you and your family and the community are safe.

1:16 AM  
Blogger Keasty said...

And now I hear a tornado has hit a small town in Kansas! Damn lucky I live in Australia.

6:12 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

nancy ~ I only comment the truth, and I'm fortunate to have found you.

johnny ~ so glad you're back, you've been greatly missed!

rose ~ yup, we were very fortunate, thanks for your concern.

keasty ~ no tornados in Australia?

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.

I'm not by for a few days and trees gets tossed around like toothpicks.

Been through some coastal hurricanes over the years to know it's a pain in the ass to pick up after. Glad to see you're okay.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home