.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Day After The Storm

We had a bit of a storm blow through last night. Winds up to 100 mph. Pretty cool to watch, not so much to clean up after, though.

















Part of this tree hit my car, giving it a couple of dents and a few scratches.
Some of it fell into my neighbors yard:






Some of it fell on my roof, some here and some there...


Another one of my trees fell onto my neighbors roof and into her yard:


















My backyard, geeze, a real mess. The biggest problems are the big limbs that broke, but not completely off and are on my roof. Don't know how we'll get them down.



















The boys have been cutting them and bunching up what they can for the city to pick up. Has to be in bundles of 4x4's. A lot of it I'll have to have someone with a chainsaw deal with. I've called my insurance, but from driving around a little bit of town, we got off easy. We're the worst in our neighborhood, which I didn't know until I stepped outside this morning to see what it looked like in the light of day and there were about half a dozen people in the street looking at my house.

The high school shut down today, sending about six thousand kids home because of the electricity still being off.

I was upset last night that I was going to miss AI because of cable being out...until I realized I could disconnect the tv from the cable and plug it into the wall with a set of rabbit ears that I still happened to have a pair of from many, many years ago. I'd forgotten there was life before cable, lol. The picture was nearly as good as with cable, and I got to watch Jon Bon Jovi (yeeaaaahhh) !!

Wonder if my home insurance will fix my car?




11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They should be two separate claims. One for the home for damage to the roof and one for the car for the damage from the falling objects.

1:11 PM  
Blogger 3carnations said...

I agree with anon...The car insurance will probably deal with the car damage, and you shouldn't be penalized for that type of claim.

2:01 PM  
Blogger 3carnations said...

Forgot the most important part - Glad you're all OK...and the damage wasn't any worse! :)

2:01 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'm glad that there wasn't anymore damage than that...and that y'all are OK.

I watched Bon Jovi myself last night, and he was as good as ever!!! Brings back memories from my childhood. :)

2:03 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

ACK!!! i had no clue there were storms down your way or I would have been calling you.

AHEM....WHY DIDNT YOU CALL ME? You knew about it after all! lol

Glad your all ok hun....sorry for the mess, grateful for the help of your boys in the clean up.

Stay safe.... that's an order!
love you!

6:01 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

What a mess! So glad all of you are okay. Roofs and cars can be replaced. Even so, what a hassle. Life goes on...

11:01 PM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

WOW! Glad to hear you guys weathered (pardon the pun) the storm fairly well!

6:25 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

WHOA! Unreal! I'm glad you're okay!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Im so glad you are okay..its so funny..it wasnt even bad at all at my house. Glad you have strong guys to do the most of your hacksawing and things..

11:31 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

everyone ~ thanks for the info and the concern. Y'all are the best.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

We went through that last spring/summer. The clean up was massive. Believe me when I say that I went through a city this morning and their trees and limbs were still on the side of the road waiting to be picked up. That's how bad it was here. Not enough people, or trucks to haul it away.

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home