.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

This is dedicated to my friend. I love you.

Without You

I wasn't thinking of you when I woke this morning,
but it didn't take long for that to change.
My pillow had dried from the tears I'd cried through the night,
but it didn't take long for that to change either.

Now, I'm making coffee for one.
Now, I'm reaching for someone who isn't there in the morning.
Now, I'm saying "I love you" to someone who isn't there to hear it.

I don't know who I am without you.
I don't know who I am without us.
I don't know who I am.

Friends hold my hand, they wipe my tears
and they tell me with loving hearts that they understand.
But they've never been loved by you.
They've never felt the comfort of laying their head on your chest.
They've never laughed with you into the early morning hours.
They've never had your fingers running through their hair.
No, they've never been loved by you.

Tomorrow will come without you, just as it did with you.
Tomorrow I'll learn a little more of who I am without you.
Tomorrow will be easier...it has to be easier.
Tomorrow I'll learn to live without you.

14 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Thank you for saying what I don't know how to, thank you for understanding, thank you for not making me wonder if YOU will still love me tomorrow.

Now if only knowing that were enough....

But it's a start.

Thank you.

10:37 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

lisa ~ you're welcome. I wish I could make it easier for you.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Kathi, this was absolutely beautiful. I remember once, you wrote a poem on my behalf regarding a break up I went through, and it literally threw me into tears. This one did the same. You have such a way with words, such heart, and such passion in your writing-----it's incredible.

Thanks for sharing this. I hope you're doing okay.

Love you!

2:59 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ yeah, I did. I should look for that and see if that will apply here too.
Thanks for the kind words, they're always appreciated even if they are exaggerated, :) I love you too, babe.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Never exaggerated. Never. :D

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was better than good.

7:33 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

anon ~ thank you.

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Empathy and understanding of others, You have always been able to see and understand with this kind of beauty. I am blessed to have you as a friend as are others. Love you!

7:46 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

katy ~ you know that I'm the one that is blessed with you, but thanks for the kind words, I know you lie out of love. :) I LOVE YOU, TOO!!

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a real sappy kinda guy - but wow. Great stuff, Kath!

10:26 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

wes ~ thanks Wes.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Believer said...

It's obvious you and Lisa are friends for more reasons then you both were aware of. I'm blessed to see the support and encouragement between the two of you. Women need women!

I commented on Lisa's blog tonight, “Smile, because I see you in the future and you look much better than you do right now!”

Great friendship, great love!

10:47 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

That was really good Kathi. Really good.

11:32 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

rosemarie ~ yup, buddies we are. The thing is, anyone could find themselves where lisa is, where I am. The thing to do is learn from those who have gone through it and share what you learn with others.

anne ~ thank you, cute stuff!

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home