.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Graduation

This is about 2/3's of Casey's graduating class.


















There were nearly 1,200 kids that started a whole new chapter to their lives this past Thursday at The University of North Texas. The stadium was packed with proud parents, relatives and friends; with their camera's flashing, banners waving and the occasional beach ball being tossed onto the floor of graduating high school seniors ready to party. It was wonderful.

Lasting a little over two hours, it moved pretty fast for me. There was the occasional student who mangaged to say something into the mic, one girl managed a cartwheel on stage in heels and her gown without losing her hat and, of course, lot's of cheering!


On our way up to Denton, home of UNT and where Casey will be attending this fall, Charlie sat in the backseat playing his guitar and wearing Casey's cap. Always our entertainer.



















Once there, we checked into the Raddisson during a pouring thunderstorm. I let the boys off under the overhang to get us checked in so they could take in Casey's gown and our luggage without getting wet. By the time I got into the hotel, I was soaked. We cleaned up in our room, played around with the sleep number beds, and got ready to meet Nikki for dinner.

We had dinner at El Guapos, and I loved the Voodoo Shrimp. First time I've had something spicy enough that I didn't have to add anything extra to it. Nikki walked in looking like a million bucks. For any of you that haven't seen pictures of Nikki on here before, you'll have to take my word for it because for some stupid reason, I didn't take any pictures before or after graduation.


We were running a tad late, so Casey changed into his dress clothes (dress code requirement) in the restaurant's bathroom. When the check came, Nikki insisted on getting it. She's a stubborn little snot. Charlie must have brought it up a dozen times in the last couple of days how he couldn't get over that not only did she come to Casey's graduation (otherwise it'd just been the two of us), and the generous gift she gave Casey, but she also bought us dinner. She's been a beautiful example to the boys of what love and commitment is.



At the graduation, we sat on the side where Casey told us he'd be sitting. However, he didn't tell us that he'd be walking away from us to get his diploma, so Nikki ran over to the other side of the colliseum and got herself situated to get these pictures for us:





Being as our last name is in the B's, we had quite the sit ahead of us, but it went pretty quickly. You put 1,200 teen's together and you're going to be entertained.


After the last student walked the stage, there was the turning of the tassle and then the tossing of the hat's.

It was a great night. The only down side was when it was over and the school's principal announced to the parents that they could find their students outside of the building. A stadium full of parents looking for their child among 1,200 kids all dressed alike outside in the dark at 11:00 p.m. After awhile, we found each other and headed back to the hotel. We found it impossible to unwind so we headed out for some dessert.

I finally made it to bed, tucked away at a 34 on my sleep number bed and slept wonderfully. Happy, proud and ever so blessed, I slept.

16 Comments:

Blogger Believer said...

You slept well and the boys are safe! What more could you want?

Congratulations and thanks for sharing the pics proud mama.

1:44 AM  
Blogger HuneeB said...

Congratulations Kathi I know you are so proud and slightly saddened at the same time. It is great to hear that things are up in your world. Lots of love.

hb

8:31 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

rosemarie ~ thanks, yup...I'm about as proud as they come. Oh, and hon...Seriously doubt you're older than me.

huneeb ~ that's as true a statement as humanly possible. Lot's of love right back at'cha!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Yea!! I'm so glad to see some pictures of what I am sure is one of the proudest moments of your life thus far. I'm a little ticked that there isn't one with you in it, but I guess I'll forgive you. :)

I can't get over how big his graduating class was, I thought I went to a big high school back in my day, but that is unreal. It looked like a college graduation.

Tell him once again how proud our family is of him!!!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Wow! :) :) :)

2:12 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

Congrats to the kid. This does officially make you old. My oldest son graduates next year, so I am right behind you. IM me when you get a chance, I have some serious questions and need chick advice. LOL. You should be very proud of your boys, congrats again.

9:47 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

michelle ~ my sweet michelle, have you not noticed that after 2 years of blogging, I rarely post pictures of myself. If you go through our family albums, there may be 2 of me in the last 17 years. You've made a huge impact in Casey's life, thank you so much. You'll never understand fully how much you meant to him.

nancy ~ I know!

tom ~ thank you. I will.

12:21 PM  
Blogger 3carnations said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! Congratulations to Casey!

On an off note...How did you like the sleep number bed? I always wonder if it's really as good as the commercials say...

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to Casey!!!

I could not imagine having a graduating class that large!! Wow

8:16 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

3 c's ~ the bed was pretty cool, I liked it. Of course, it was just one night, but it was good. Casey said he didn't like it, but he can't really explain why. So...not much help. :) Find a hotel that has one and spend a night or two.

epsilonicus ~ I know it's big, but it was honestly a good time. :) A tad over 2 hours and lot's of laughs.

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow the pictures turned out better than I thought! It was fun...and just think, 2 more years and you'll be doing it all over again :)

10:18 AM  
Blogger GERBEN said...

Oh wow! Congrats and thank you for sharing the pics! I can't believe how many kids were in his class! DANG!

10:44 AM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

congrats casey! what a great accomplishment! i can't wait to hear what you are up to in college!

kathi- what an awesome moment for you! congrats to you too!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

How exciting...Im so proud of him.

You had to mention El Guapos..that is my second favorite place in Denton. Its cool that he is going there. I really like UNT...a lot of my friends went there. The people in Denton just seem so nice. Lots of cool stores and places to go. He will like it there. (Im jealous)

7:48 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

nikki ~ I hope you'll be there again...but I get the check next time! LOVE YOU.

kidd ~ lot's of kids, for sure for sure!

lovelladro ~ it was awesome, thank you! It'll be your turn in about 18 years, give or take. :)

anne ~ thank you, we are too. So where's your first favorite?? Ever been to the Flying Tomato, or is it just the Tomato now? Anyway, loved it.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!! Awe, you must be so proud Kath! He looks awesome in his little cap and gown!

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home