.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Gonna be a looonnnngggg summer

So, I'm kid free today. Not that my kids are 'kids' anymore, but they'll always be kids to me. Except, of course, for when I want to use the "you're not a kid anymore" quote on them when I'm trying to drive a point home...as in they're too old to do something kid-stupid. Come to think of it, I may recall my dad having said that to me not too many years ago before he passed on. Good thing there isn't a point here or I'd be off of it by now.

I've been spending my summer hitting the job market at a furious rate...and though I've been on several interviews, I'm still unemployed. Seriously, it's gotta be my personality because my job skills are decent. Typing 60 wpm, data entry at 10,000+ kph, not much I can't do really. And yet, I'm drawing zero dollars in every week, which adds up to nada at month's end. I do get that I've not had an office job (or any job) other than substitute teaching for nearly 10 years, and that doesn't make for a great resume, but I do make for a great employee. I'm trusting that God's got that perfect job for me and I need to wait on it, it's just that there isn't a line for trust on my deposit slips for my checking account.

Casey is in Colorado with church camp, Charlie is working his 11 hour days and I'm home, alone, and bored. Really bored. Crazy bored. I did ask Mark if he could get me a job like he did for Charlie, but he said he didn't think I'm quite cut out for it...what with all the digging and jack hammering. I'd like to say he underestimates me, but he's probably right on this one.

As I was backing out of my driveway this morning, taking Charlie to work, I ran over a kids helmet. It was a nice one. First time I backed over it, I got out and looked to see what I'd hit, but didn't see anything. Backed out again, and geeze, it made a nasty pop. Not pretty. Can't count the times we've had to pick up neighbor's stuff up out of our drive; bikes, skateboards, roller blades, helmets, bats... I feel really bad for running over it, but it must've been tossed under the back of the car to where I couldn't see it. Shame.

Still no word from my attorney. Called last Friday, reminding them that I'd not heard from them in a week and still hadn't received my final papers, which I've been waiting on since January...was directed to voicemail and left a message. Called again this past Monday, left another message. It's ridiculous. Wonder if I post their name on here, like I did Christian Brother's Automotive, if I'll get any response. It would be different if it were a contested divorce, but it's not. Mark and I have worked every single thing out on our own without any one's (or any attorney's) help.

Whine, whine, whine...sorry.

Remember the pictures of the tree damage we had from a few storms ago? Well, we have a crepe myrtle in our front yard (almost share it with a neighbor) that hasn't bloomed in maybe 10 years. It bloomed this year. Had so many blooms that it couldn't hold them all.





















We tried roping it up some to keep it off the ground as much as possible...didn't work. Ended up having to take most of it down, only leaving a couple of limbs and we did rope them to keep them growing up straight. If it hadn't been on the sidewalk and blocking our mailbox, I'd have let it be, it was gorgeous. Oh well...maybe next year.

That's about it from Bratcherville. Keep my job hunt in your prayers, please. Enjoy your day!

15 Comments:

Blogger 3carnations said...

Did you try a temp service? That's how I ended up in my current job (13 years ago). It was a temporary 90 day job, and they hired me in afterwards. I went to the temp service with no office experience. They put me in short term positions for 2 months before this one. Best job decision I ever made.

2:33 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

3 c's ~ well, that gives me more hope. I'm listed with Kelly, Manpower and OfficeTeam. Which one did you use? I'm on Monster.com, Jobsearch.com, CareerBuilder.com, Snagajob.com...the list just goes on and on. Plus I check daily for jobs on-line listed with local city (gov or org) agencies. That's why I'm thinking Gods got that one that's just right for me and I'm building patience till I get it. FRUSTRATING!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Not so evil Shenanigans said...

I sure hope you find something soon and I agree - God has the perfect thing for you and he'll show you when he's ready.

Did you every think of trying the local college or university - I work at Washington University in St. Louis and it's a wonderful place to work - benefits are good, pay is really good - lots of vacation, etc. Worth a looksee, anyway.

Funny, anytime I'm kid-free, I find myself just wondering what they're doing. One of these days, I'm gonna start thinking of myself:)

Take care.

4:12 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

shannon ~ you know, I did apply at the local community college about, geeze, must've been nearly 10 months ago. Wouldn't hurt to try that again. Thanks!!
Oh, and I don't wonder so much what they're doing, just miss them. Silly, huh? They're nearly full grown!

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know something great is going to come along soon! Since you are so bored go get the new Janet Evonavich #13 it came out this week I think. It should take up a couple of hours for you!

6:38 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

katy ~ you said that 11 months ago!! But I know it's true. And, OMG, are you serious...where have I been that I didn't know that?

8:21 PM  
Blogger 3carnations said...

The temp service I was with is Snelling. A government job would be awesome. My mom has worked for the state she lives in for close to 20 years. Good benefits and pay.

I think you're right...God has the perfect job for you...soon, hopefully. :)

7:34 AM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

i was absolutely enthralled with how sporadic this post was... a little of this and little of that ;~) love to hear about you! praying for the job situation... we are coming up on me not working (hopefully so I can stay home and raise Peabert) and not quite sure how it will go... just trusting that the Lord will provide! here's to writing trust on our deposit slips ;~) (great mental image BTW)!!!

3:38 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

3 c's ~ I've heard of Snelling, I'll look to see if there is one around me. Thanks for thinking of me!

lovelladro ~ sporadic, a bit like my life. :) Thanks so much for your prayers, where one or more are gathered...(even in spirit!!).

4:25 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Why haven't driven to your divorce attorney's offices to get your status update?

9:08 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

shawn ~ oh, I've been there. Waited for awhile once, they were too busy to see me. Once they were in court. Even when I was able to make an appointment, months ago, I had them for maybe five minutes before they were herding me out to meet with the next apt.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

You need to get demanding. Call one of the television stations that "are on your side." That should move their butts.

Job hunting?! Maybe you're looking in the wrong field. Be open to opportunity. GOD has made the crooked way straight!

2:46 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

rosemarie ~ the only thing is, you kinda hate to totally tick off your own attorneys when they're all you've got to be on your side in a divorce...ya know? Not like I can afford to hire new ones.

And, with the jobs, geeze, I've applied for everything from office/accounting (which is all I've ever done before subbing) to Wal-mart and every department store at the mall. But, I'm on my own road and God will make a way for me...I'm walking as fast as I can to get there, lol. :)

8:12 AM  
Blogger Believer said...

I hear you, about the lawyers, but there must be another solution to getting some satisfaction than just wait, wait, wait, and waiting some more.

I agree you are on your "own" road, but I just wanted to encourage you to be open. For instance, my background is in finance. I worked for an accounting firm for 10 years, and in 96, I left for an advertising agency. Certainly a change of scenery, but a needed refreshing atmosphere of color, design, and artsy stuff.

Blessings as you follow His lead! Praying that you find favor and very soon. Until then be humbled and continue to receive His blessings and provision.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The good thing about temping is it may turn into something permanent and it's hard to get bored with short term. So, I guess that's the good thingS.
:)
Hope you are well!

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home