.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Saturday, August 04, 2007

My Blessings

I had a great birthday, thanks so much for all your well wishes and sweet emails. I'm fortunate to have y'all...and I'm blessed beyond words to have my two kids.
I worked on my birthday, and once again, I can't tell y'all how happy I am to have a job, so don't think I'm complaining. After I got off work, the boys gave me my birthday presents. They got me Givenchy Perfume, they wrote me a song (can you believe that!!) with Charlie writing the music and the both of them writing the lyrics. Actually, the night before I kept hearing Charlie playing a song in his room that was beautiful. I was going to bed and turned off my t.v. so I could just listen to him play. It wasn't like anything I'd heard him play before, no metal, no rock...it was, well, beautiful. I couldn't place it, so I knocked on his door and asked him what he was playing. He told me it was just a song, and I asked him the name of it, that it was just so beautiful. He sort of hung and shook his head, then looked at me and smiled and said "Mom, it's a song Casey and I are writing you for your birthday". There are tears of joy.
Back to my birthday; after they gave me my gift, Charlie played my song and they gave me my cards, we then went to P.F. Chang's on a gift certificate a friend of mine had given me for my birthday present. Chang's is now our favorite place to eat. It was absolutely delicious. Casey told our waiter it was his and my birthday meal, and they gave each of us a piece of The Great Wall of Chocolate Cake. We brought home 3 to go boxes full of cake...it was definitely a GREAT Wall of cake!
After Chang's we headed to the movies for THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM. We all loved it! We always do birthday movies, Casey's pick had been 1408 (so~so, but John Cusack was excellent), mine was the new Bourne and it was good!
After the movie, we went to the mall to exchange the Givenchy perfume for another Givenchy perfume (my fault, I'd not been clear) and then we went to the bakery and I got to pick out my cake, which Charlie and Casey had when we got home; I was still too full from Chang's!

My greatest gifts, as always, were my boys. Pictures? You want pictures? Well, if you insist. :)

Charlie bought himself a new guitar a couple of weeks ago with some of his summer earnings.





























And after working up at the church till 5 a.m. this morning, Casey came home to take a nap before going back at noon...and Porter wanted to cuddle.

Thanks again for all the sweet wishes. Katy sent me a great Vera Bradley bag (love it!!), a gift certificate and a red tee shirt that says 'It's all about ME!!' on it (an inside joke), my buddy, Mac, gave me the Chang's gift certificate and I got a much unexpected comment from my sister on my blog!

I'll be recording Charlie playing my song soon. God is SO good to me, and I appreciate it all!

26 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I am so glad that you had such a wonderful day!! It sounds like a blast. I love Chang's too, but don't live near one any longer so it's been awhile since I've eaten there.

I can't wait to see the new Bourne movie. I loved the others, so I hope this one is as good.

Hope you have a wonderful week!!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Awh..happy birthdat Kathi! Sounds like you had a fabulous one. Your kids are so cool.

10:41 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

michelle ~ it was a good day. Oh, man...Chang's just opened about a mile from me! It was as good as everyone says! The Bourne film, excellent. I hipe you have a wonderful week too!!

anne ~ babe, so glad to see you. I do have cool kids, thanks. Just so glad to see you around, you're missed alot when you don't post, you know.

10:56 PM  
Blogger prioritybooks said...

God is so good! I am glad that you had a beautiful day. You are so blessed with your children. THey are equally blessed to have you too! They are so thoughtful...

Happy Birthday!

12:27 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

rose ~ thank you, that was such a sweet thing to say, thank you.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Happy, HAPPY belated birthday.

I am so inspired by your strength and your appreciation of what life has to offer. Keep it up, friend.

It is gonna be a great year.

((hugs))

10:48 AM  
Blogger Dizzie said...

OMG, when is your b'day????? The 4th???? Get out of town, sister! :O


Happy belated b'day! May you have many more to come, wishfullfillment and the hopes and dreams of your life turning into reality. You, if any, deserve just that!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

My gifts include a wonderful father who gave me values to live by. As my father was so caring and loving, I would wish the same on all the girls with fathers in this nation.

4:21 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

nancy ~ thank you! And sweetie, it's I who am inspired by your strength...and your talent. HUGS back at'cha.

heart ~ SO good to see you, your blog hasn't let me comment!! What's up? Happy B'day to you too! Mine was the day before yours.

beth ~ you were fortunate, indeed. I wish all the girls everywhere could have that sort of father, most of us were not that fortunate.

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are SO blessed.

And even better, you recognize it and appreciate it.... and show it.

It's not an ego, it's beautiful. Thank you, again. :)

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was momentary, I swear. I think I fixed it. :)

11:09 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

wes ~ your words were so sweet and kind. Thank you, you're a truly decent guy.

Oh, and thanks for the fix, it was hysterical! You know I'll be posting it on here soon, lol!

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Decent, eh? I rule!

Seriously, thanks :).

As always, you rock, Kath!

11:21 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

Happy Belated Birthday! You are very blessed and you recognize it, which makes the blessing that much more.

PF Changs are all over here, but I've never had the urge to go.

2:40 AM  
Blogger Johnnie Avocado said...

I'm so lame, I missed your birthday......can we still be friends? Happy Late Birthday?

7:19 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

I WANNA SEE BOURNE! lol

Glad you had such a wonderful birthday, I can't think of anyone who deserves it more!

12:09 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

wes ~ "decent" is pretty decent from me, lol. Glad you're my bud, babe.

rosemarie ~ never take your blessings for granted!! If you notice, those who do seem to complain all the time! :)
Chang's...mmmmm, but a tad pricey.

johnnie ~ Always!!

dabich ~ you're so sweet, thank you! And just GO...Damon is such a sweetie, he's the perfect 'hero'.

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bourne Ultimatum was a great movie!!! I loved it.

I am so glad you had a great bday. You deserved it.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Congratulations! It's great to be able to sit down and count our blessings, it's even harder though to be truly appreciative all of the time, at least that is the part I have problems with.

4:51 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Wow----your boys wrote you a song? That's worth more than anything---------really. You're truly blessed to have them in your life and we're blessed that you're out there sharing your life with us.

Happy belated birthday!

Love you!!!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Wait- does this mean I have to get my guitar and send you a video-song? Hmmmmmmmm. I might just do that! mua ha ha---can't guarantee it's going to be good though!

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! How could I forget your birthday!! I guess I'll just have to make it up to you soon and take you to lunch or something!

I'm glad you had such a wonderful day though, the boys are really sweet!

So happy happy belated and I will call you soon for lunch :) love you!

11:50 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

epsilonicus ~ thank you hon, and we've got similiar (great) taste!

becky ~ thanks. The thing with me is that if I don't keep my blessings in my direct vision, I'll see the crap that tries to sneak in...and I just don't wanna see that stuff, lol.

deb ~ Isn't that amazing? I know I am, and thank you darlin', you know I love you TOO!!

deb ~ yeah, I'll sit here and wait for it. :)

nikki ~ baby girl, you've fed me (and my family) enough till the last kid graduates! I love you sweetie, thanks so much!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Keasty said...

Happy birthday Kathi. Reason I nearly missed it is that Downunder is on a different time zone... [do you believe that?]
Glad you had a good one. Fay would have gone with you to see Bourne... she does books and movies.

4:45 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Bourne Ultimatum was excellent. Its my movie of the year.

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At 7.25 an hour, you got no business going to see Jason Bourne--and you are a Leo, see now we could never work together, we would clash in the worst way, Im a Leo too. My last assistant was a Leo as well and got along at first but of course the Leo in her came out and tried to call the shots but as you know that doesnt work with us people. Anyway Happy Belated Birthday.

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home