.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Catching Up

I've been a bad blogger and let life get in the way of posting.

I've been working a lot, when you're only making $7.25 an hour, the only way to make any money is to put in a lot of hours. Yesterday I was off at 2 p.m. and Charlie and I just layed on the couches and watched videos. We watched Disturbia, which was surprisingly decent...kept me awake and checking once to make sure my doors were locked. Funny, I never do that.

I have a guy friend that is hooking up soon with an old high school sweetheart and he's so excited. I'm jealous. The sort of excitement he's feeling is something that's lacking from my life...and has been for a long time. You know, the excitement you feel down to your toes when you think of someone, the sort of feeling that makes you smile just thinking about someone. Those are great feelings.

Well, my friends, that's all I've got time for. Need to make myself 'pretty' for work. :)
Hugs to all, enjoy your day.

17 Comments:

Blogger 3carnations said...

Aw...Sounds like you might be thinking about being ready to start dating? Dating...Doesn't that just sound like a crazy word after all this time? I don't envy you that. :-p But, it can be fun, too. :)

8:56 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

Work is a four letter word lol

Dating??? Did someone say Kathi is gonna date????

Woo-hooooo!!!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Hmm.... Well this seems like an exciting 'to be continued' post. *wink, wink*

I hope you're doing terrific Kath! Keep your spirits up...you're hard working, you have a great family and so much to look forward to! And to top it off, we get to hear about it! You're a terrific blogger!

Love you!
xxoo

12:08 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

3 c's ~ I dunno. I'd just like to feel those type of feelings again...but I'd also like to be 28 and a size 2 again, lol.

dabich ~ I honestly like my job, just wish it payed more. Don't be to quick to put me on the dating field, it's not fair to the other players. ;)

deb ~ babe, my whole life is a "continued post". I am doing good, hon. Nice tribute to your sister, she's blessed to have someone who see's those things in her and feel's that way about her.
Love you too!

2:29 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Glad that your doing good. I do miss your daily posts, but completely understand. I'm lucky to write something once a week.

Don't sell yourself short, any man would be lucky to have you, but your to good for just "any" man. Hopefully though, the Lord will bring you "the" man that will not only create those great feelings in you, but will be a great blessing in your life.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

You are so much cooler than I am.

You are up on all of the latest movies n stuff. Those boys of yours are keeping you young!

Take care of you. :)

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This will probably be the only time ever that I disagree with your first sentence of a post.

"I've been a bad blogger and let life get in the way of posting."

Life is meant to be lived, so do it. It's the bloggers that end up leaving for good that are bothersome.

As for paragraph two, high-friggin' -five. Agreed.

Hugs back at'cha :)

11:31 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Thank you- I love my sis very much! You do the same thing with your boys though. How lucky are they to have such a loving mother?

{{hugs}}

10:06 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

michelle ~ what a sweet thing to say, thank you. I'll agree with that in Jesus' name!

nancy ~ lol, keep me young and remind me of how old I am!

wes ~ It frustrates me too when bloggers I've read and came to care about up and leave. I don't fault them for it, it's just that I've came to care about them and it's not like they're a t.v. show that's not real and ends...they are real and I'm left wondering how they're doing and praying blindly that they're making it okay.

Love how you make me smile.

deb ~ I'm sure if you ask them, sometimes not so lucky! I can be quite demanding. :)

10:45 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

My toes feel the same. It is a little north of that.

8:41 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

tom ~ oh, you may be feeling it a tad north of your toes too, but don't you dare try to deny you're all goosebumps and smiles thinking about her. Goof, you're such a guy.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Not so evil Shenanigans said...

Those are great feelings to have, it's a shame we can't keep feeling those same things years into the relationship. Although, I guess you give those 'exciting' feelings up for the more down-to-earth stuff like agonizing over whether or not he cares or if he's gonna call.

It's a give and take, I guess.

9:21 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

shannon ~ whole truth and nothing but. :)

12:52 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

shannon ~ p.s. Big hug, darlin'.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

Work it girl...whether on the JOB or lookin' for your mate! :)

2:46 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

I am a really bad blogger too. Welcome to the club!

I'm sure you'll find a new friend soon. Hey maybe that's why you're working this new gig. It's placing you in a new circle of people. :-D

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

7.25 and hour??!! Holy moly, no wonder you need to be my assistant.

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home