.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Part Two

Epsilonicus ~ This guy is in his senior year at Mercyhurst College in Erie, PA. He's an RA, and has a pretty good head on his shoulders. He's not a saint, he's real and I love this kid. He's not a kid, but he's a kid to me and I'd be proud to call him my kid.

The Real Kidd ~ Kidd has a real life going on, full time job outside the home, kids, husband, and all the normal problems life gives all of us. I love the way she shares it with us and the way she lets us into the life of her family. She and her sister are close in a way that makes me envious. She's what I'd call 'a little bit country and a little bit rock~n~roll'. She tells it straight, and y'all know that's something I appreciate.

Rose ~ Rose is a 'real life' author, wife and mother. She and I have the 'kid in college' thing in common. Rose has some great stories, and she brings current stories and issues to our attention. Rose has an opinion and she's not afraid to use it. :) Notice how I tend to be drawn to this type of person?

Rosemarie ~ Rosemarie is another lady with an opinion! She's also got such a heart to help and lift up others. This lady shares her love for God in her blog, and you know I appreciate that, as well as sharing where to find the best bargains and household tips. She also loves to recognize others, and I appreciate that too. You reap what you sow, so I have no doubt this woman will be blessed.

Seven ~ I would like to claim nearly every post this guy writes as my own. I've referred to this guy several times in my blog, steering y'all to read him. His stories are amazing. He's brought tears from this hard heart of mine, especially with this one: Amber Waves of Grain. His personal life, he's a runner and is currently running in a World Championship track meet in Italy. Yeah, he's sooooo boring, lol. He's got a great wife and two great (adult) kids that I love hearing about...he's one proud dad, and rightfully so.

Shannon ~ Shannon is a relative new blogger to me. She's a woman that has a lot going on in her life and is pulled in many directions. We can all relate to that at one time or another. Shannon also has four kids, works full time with a 90 minute commute each way and is married. I don't know how she does it, honestly, I'm in awe of that even being a possibility of happening.
I also love her honesty about how hard it is with out it being whiny. Trust me, I'd whine. I'd whine day and night and triple whine on weekends.

3 Carnations ~ 3 c's tells it exactly as it is. She's the working mom of a brilliant toddler (honestly, he has better conversing skills than I do), and she challenges people to do the right thing...or challenges those who don't. She has made me smile more times than I can count and I always appreciate the comments she leaves on the blogs of others as much as I do the writing on her own blog.

There are other blogs that I LOVE, and other bloggers that I admire greatly. The ones I've listed are, for one reason or another, those that draw me to them and I try to get to them as often as possible. They are 'PG-13' blogs that I wouldn't mind my kids reading, and that's another reason for me to post them here. I do have blog friends that I love, that are a strong R, and I read...but wouldn't be crazy about my kids reading...so that limits my putting them on my list here as well, and the fact that some are rarely able to blog. I do greatly miss Tom's and Shawn's blog. They've both 'retired' their blogs and as much as I wish them well, I miss them very much.

Someday soon I'll do a list on some of my favorite blogs that have passed away. It really is like losing a friend. Until then, I'm thankful to have all the blogs listed in my life. I'm richer for them.

12 Comments:

Blogger DaBich said...

I ask you fellow bloggers, what would we do without our very own kathi??!!??
HUGZ, lady!

1:48 PM  
Blogger 3carnations said...

Aw, Kathi. Thanks for including me. Your descriptions of all your blogging friends were so nice - And so true, as far as the ones I also read are concerned.

Since you were kind enough to mention my son, I'll give you a chuckle from something he did last night - I started to type it out, but it's awfully wordy, so I'm just going to go do a mini-post just for you. :)

2:36 PM  
Blogger GERBEN said...

Awe, Kathi you are too sweet. ((hug)) Thanks honey! I just love reading your blog & I feel so lucky to call you my cyper friend.

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made the list?!?! Wow!! I feel shocked. I did not know I was favorite. I feel humble

3:36 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

thanks Kathi...I enjoy reading your post too. Especially the ones about your sons. Thanks for including me. By the way, how are you doing around this time with your son in college? Are you calling daily?

3:38 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

Thanks for the kind words and shout out. See, you're nice!

6:38 PM  
Blogger DaBich said...

Wow, Kathi, seems like that spammer has some sick day dreams. Better delete it.

4:49 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

dabich ~ thanks...

7:23 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Hey, did Shannon change her blog? Her url address and everything? 'Cause I'm trying to find Shannon----the blogger who had kids and a husband----and I'm hoping this is her! I miss her writing!

Great picks Kath! I always use your blogroll to find good reads.

8:22 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

Don't mention it, that's what buddies are for :)

9:36 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

I'm pulling a Kayne West at the VMA's. This whole ballot was rigged. I want a recount. Get the Supreme Court in here, they helped Bush in 00. Britney looked good btw, if looking good means out of shape, not being able to dance that well, and to be honest acting overtly white, (not a racist statement...just a statement.)

7:38 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

For the blogging buddies who have passed, are you talking about died or merely stopped blogging?

I like your list.

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home