.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Trusting Myself

Normally, I have a pretty sensitive gut...instinct, and I've learned over the years to listen to it, pay attention to that little nagging feeling I get. I had an encounter last week with a 'poser' and though my initial reaction was to listen, nod my head and walk away, which eventually I did, I second guessed myself. The truth came out, and I KNEW it, down deep, I knew the truth, and yet I was surprised by it because I'd let myself be blinded by a kind action. Kindness is easy to fake, for a time... I'd actually felt guilt for having doubted this person, because their kindness blinded me to that initial gut reaction to them. But, a lie always reveals itself, given time, because it can not exist in the Light of day. When truth was revealed, I rebuked myself, not them (for they are who they are) but myself. I should have known better, I should have trusted my inner man (my spirit that resides in this heap of flesh).

I learned from it, so it wasn't' a complete waste. I learned that there is ingrained in us all an awareness, a natural instinct of right and wrong. We all need to learn to be sensitive to it, listen to it, trust it. It's as important a sense to us as our taste, our sight...and once developed, it rarely lets us down.

So, I was duped. Not because I was unaware, but because I doubted my instincts. Shame on me. Fortunately, it cost me nothing; and in actuality, it reinforced what I already knew and yet had taken for granted. Wake up, the world will take advantage of you if you let it. I'll not let it happen again, at least not for a very long time. And by then, it'll probably be time for me to learn it again.

7 Comments:

Blogger DaBich said...

Instinct is a wonderful thing, and woman's intuition is even better! I try to listen to mine, because like you, if I don't then I am sorry later!

4:41 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Sometimes those lessons are hard to learn. Don't be to hard on yourself though, because I also think that most of us want to see the "good" in people, and sometimes you do end up getting hurt by them.

8:45 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

dabich ~ exactly!

michelle ~ I will always give someone the benefit of the doubt, because I'm to love them regardless if they're good or bad, thief or saint. But when my gut tells me to not put stock in what they say or do, I 99.9% of the time listen and I can't ever remember being wrong. This one time, I thought 'wow, I was off'...turns out I wasn't. :) Lesson learned.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

My gut seldom lets me down; my head, often.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

I'm getting a lesson here. A poser of which, who or what they are? Maybe it’s both.

Learning to trust our instincts gets easier with each revelation that we were right from the start.

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure I have never been wrong. But I could be wrong about that.

6:52 PM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

vulnerable and guarded is a fine line to walk... looks like you at least see the positive in negative situations which is my favorite perspective.

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home