.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Monday, September 17, 2007

My Day Of Rest

I had such a great day off today. Charlie and I stayed up late watching movies last night, so we slept in this morning. I fixed french toast and cheese omelets for breakfast, and then we went for a drive to take pictures. My camera isn't working well, mostly the flash isn't charging, but no flash is needed for the outdoors! It was such a gorgeous day.














Charlie and I both like to take pictures in old graveyards and we found one today that we've driven by many times and didn't realize it was there. I let Charlie drive in the cemetery (shhhhh, don't tell) and he's such a careful driver. As soon as we can afford it, he'll be in driving school and on his way to getting his license.


After taking some pictures, we just drove. I love our drives...windows down and music up. Today we found ourselves at a lake. Being the gorgeous day that it was, we went to pick up a friend of Charlies and drove back to the lake. The boys went swimming while I found a covered picnic table and read while I listened to their laughter. There were a few people in the area, but no one close by. There were boats and jet skis in the water, but there was a designated safe swimming area so they didn't come close to the boys.






After we got home, I fixed dinner while Charlie showered. After dinner we watched the Emmy's and it wasn't long before Charlie had laid down, his head in my lap while I scratched his head and soon he was sound asleep.

It was a great day off.

17 Comments:

Blogger Leesa said...

I love the sound of laughter in the background. Makes me feel all warm inside.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

That lake looks heavenly, and it sounds like y'all had an awesome day.

I've always liked walking through cemetaries too, especially really old ones. When we lived in Massachusetts we actually lived right by the famed Sleepy Hallow cemetary and it was cool to see some really cool authors that were buried there.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I don't know why, but these photos won't load for me. I have to check back in a few, maybe it's just my computer fizzling out. But it's nice when it's a gorgeous day and you have a nice camera to capture it all and great company on top of it!

9:33 AM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

I am having trouble seeing the photos as well but I am thoroughly intrigued ;~) Sounds like a wonderful day of rest... my mind was eased by just reading about it.

10:50 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

The pics loaded just fine for me...that lake is so BLUE! Beautiful indeed. Glad you and Charlie enjoyed your day off =D

11:44 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

leesa ~ yup, listening to them laugh was one of the hightlights of the day.

michelle ~ It was gorgeous, and it was a great day. Love old cemetaries.

deb ~ I'm sorry hon!!

lovelladro ~ geeze, I don't know why they're not loading. So sorry!

dabich ~ It was so cool! And we did have such a great day, thanks!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

No pics for me either! :(

Oh, taking in the sights around you while hanging with your son must have been delightful. I'm so happy you found rest with good company!

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that is a cool day off.

And now....I have a craving for french toast, because it's been years. Thanks :)

6:26 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

rosemarie ~ lol, they wouldn't load for me either this time. ??? Yup, it was a great day, thanks!!

wes ~ I hadn't made french toast in awhile, either, but it was delicious. Try IHOP. ;)

10:19 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Sounds like you and Charlie had a great day. For some reason the pictures didn't show up for me.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Keasty said...

French toast and cheese omeletes - what a treat! Wish I was there!!!

5:13 AM  
Blogger Not so evil Shenanigans said...

That sounds spectacular - that's the way I like things - totally spontaneous. The lake looks gorgeous and don't you just love sneaking in a few chapters while your kids are having great fun, just makes you smile inside.

9:26 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

rose ~ they're showing up for me now, go figure. :)

keasty ~ awww, how sweet to think my cooking is worth traveling the globe for, lol.

shannon ~ it was heaven. In fact, once they said they were ready to go and I was so into my book, I sorta talked them back into the water for awhile longer.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

I finally see the pics! :) Definitely, worth the trip back here...as always.

5:27 AM  
Blogger GERBEN said...

Awe yes. What a wonderful day.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

cemeteries? what is so captivating about them?

11:48 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

That sounds like an amazing day. :)

You know..after my mom died my dad and I used to "window shop" at cemetaries to see what we would want to put on her headstone. Sounds weird and it kinda was...but it was always so peaceful there. Cemetaries are just really interesting. Definitely good for picture taking.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home