.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Monday, April 24, 2006

MTM

There is a new whoop-tee-doo called My Thankful Monday (MTM). After reading what others have posted for this day, I'm a little embarrassed by mine, but such is life. Well, my life anyway.

I'm thankful for my sense of humor. It's served me well in this life and, as tit for tat goes, I've served it well...as well. :) Many things that would send the normal person into therapy usually makes me laugh.

As most anyone knows that has read me for awhile, I'm not the most coordinated person. Here are a few instances that come to mind (I don't have enough time to list them all, though I'm sure Mark will think of many I'm not going to list).

Stepping into a pothole in a truck stop parking lot, right outside the restaurant window, twisting my ankle and going down...face down, into the pavement. Within seconds I'm surrounded by strangers making sure I'm okay. They're probably thinking I'm dazed or hurt because all I can do as I roll over to my back is laugh, still laughing as I get up and limp off. Okay, I'm going to share a secret...I've fallen twice at the same truck stop. Yeah, I don't get it either, but that's my life.

Last year as we (Mark, the boys and I) went bowling with another family of four, I, again, was the evenings entertainment. I'm not even including when I let go of the ball...behind me, because this has happened too many times to really be unusual anymore. No, I'm talking about when I went to let go of the ball in front of me, I didn't, and, instead, held it as I went sliding down the alley with it. Yeah, that was funny. What was even funnier was how the other family ran to me to make sure I was okay as my own family sat and laughed their butts off. In all fairness to them, I was laughing too. Good times...

Christmas before last we were in Taos, and as we were walking with a long line of others, my feet went flying out from underneath me. In all fairness to me, there was ice. I landed on my butt hard with both my feet and arms up in the air. The only thing I could hear over my own laughter was the laughter of Mark and my kids...oh and the gasps of concern from strangers. Actually, come to think of it, I hear both of those sounds a lot.

And...lest we forget, the time I missed the mark, so to say, over a toilet in a stall at a church I was visiting, and when I tried to reposition myself over the seat, went slip sliding in my own (as far as I know) 'mess'. As my butt tends to do, it went down hard and came up wet. Thankfully, there were plenty of people in the bathroom, I'd hate to be selfish with my laughs.

Yes, my humor has served me well as my life keeps giving it material to work with.

24 Comments:

Blogger MZPEACH said...

First!

Too funny Kathi.....I am thankful for you sense of humor..lol.

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm all about humor but darnit, Mondays are just too hard for the thankful stuff. At least let us get through a few weekdays so we can realize what we're thankful for! ;-)

7:25 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Oh kathi..that was perfect. I am a klutz as well. I fell one time on some ice outside of blockbuster and my dad laughed so hard that he fell too.

Ive missed you..Im glad to be back in the groove. :)

8:19 PM  
Blogger SmileDragon said...

That was a great post! I loved it!

Wes, that is the point. We want to motivate you to think of one thing to be thankful for on Monday, which is a day everyone needs motivation.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Genna said...

HEE HEE HEE.

This sounds like me. I trip over my own feet. Constantly! I love that you have a sense of humor.

1:10 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

gp ~ can't tell you how glad I am to see you. Love you darlin'.

wes ~ I'm sure you have the weekend before to be thankful for, I know how you do. :)

anne ~ you are an answered prayer, do you have any idea how much you're cared about?? Love you.

cyrstal ~ no reprimand? Pooh, I'll have to try harder next Monday. :) kidding...??

genna ~ if you're like me, might as well learn to laugh at it, huh? Crying is for sissies, LOL, kidding.

6:00 AM  
Blogger DZER said...

MTM had me freaking for a bit ... because it's the nickname for my dad's home village ... well, technically it's three villages usually counted as one — Mongmong-Toto-Maite ... my pop's family is from Mongmong and I spent a lot of my youth growing up there, so I consider it my home village.

keep rocking the sense of humor. sometimes, all you can do is laugh. :)

9:50 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

I am dying. I can picture the whole scene. Just so you know, if you ever fall in my presence I will laugh first and offer help second.

10:05 AM  
Blogger mikster said...

Is the use of a walker outta the question?

12:15 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

kathi oh man that's funny

the funniest one i ever did was when i was practising jumping motorcycles and i sorta gave it WAY too much gas in the air and i landed headed straight for a fence going WAY too fast so i jumped off.

i couldn't get up because i was laughing so darned hard but oh my poor friends were so worried because i was lying face down and quivering!

*grin*

1:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't get it. What does this have to do with Mary Tyler Moore?

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are lots of people who can't laugh at themselves. This is a gift

cheers

12:11 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Oh I've always loved your humor........and your tit for tat... But you failed to mention the time you slipped and fell on the bathroom floor full of urine. I think you need to repost that puppy up sista luv!

12:21 AM  
Blogger Brea said...

Sometimes, a bit of humor keeps us sane. I loved this post!

12:46 AM  
Blogger Johnnie Avocado said...

This was a funny post , Kathi. Thanks.

9:12 AM  
Blogger LoveLladro said...

Good post Kathi! Haven't heard from you in while, hope all is well ;~)

11:50 AM  
Blogger Hubris said...

Hilarious. I really admire your ability to laugh at yourself. When I do that it seems to make the whole humbling experience a little easier.

great post :)

5:07 PM  
Blogger -Tommy said...

Before I even read it further, I'll say I'm thankful for your tat because without them you wouldn't have any - oh forget it, it's just too easy...

9:29 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

okay lady..where are you? 4 days with no kathi post! :(

11:39 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

*huggs* kathi... hope you're well.

2:06 AM  
Blogger SmileDragon said...

Kathi, this was such a great post that I picked you for one of our "Last weeks featured posts" :)

9:01 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

I like this post. Let's see a good sense of humor. We all need that. But I am thankful for my health and family.

2:54 AM  
Blogger SmileDragon said...

Kathi, where are you?

8:46 PM  
Blogger j said...

hehe reading that made me smile and laugh :). i'm thankful for your sense of humor as well!

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home