.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Friday, April 14, 2006

Yeah, Yeah...Thanks

Puffin (one of my newest favorites and already doing the tagging thing...watch your step guy, I kick pretty hard) asked that those who read him write an acceptance speech of sorts today. The kind you'd give at the Oscars, for example. I'm not one to follow instructions well, so here is my take on it.

*Applause as I'm taking the stage...okay, so maybe there are a few of those cowardly boo's and hisses, yeah, I feel you, Mr. Vice President.* I look unbelievably hot, by the way.

Thank you, thank you all. I appreciate being honored for...whatever. I can't imagine what I've done to deserve this, in fact, I shudder to think. But there are those I'd like to thank.

Of course, first and always (hush Shawn) I give God thanks. Something else I do first and always is ask for His forgiveness daily, I'm just thankful He can keep up. I mess up at a rate that would completely blow your mind. Oh yeah...trying to stay focused here.
Anyway, let's see.

I want to thank my parents for showing me first hand what a child wants and needs. However I came about it, I'm thankful for the examples teaching me from an early age how much children need to feel safe and loved. I thank you, and my children thank you.
I want to thank my sister for teaching me what loyalty and honor are, for helping me realize what is most important in life.
I want to thank my high school counselor for seeing what couldn't be spoken out loud and for showing me that I was worth caring about. I hope God has blessed you and your wife richly, I've never forgotten you, thank you.
I want to thank the many, many, many people that let me lean on them and didn't take advantage of a young, stupid woman. Angels unaware, thank you.
I want to thank my grandparents that honestly and openly loved me unconditionally. I am your legacy. I hope I make you smile.
I want to thank Drew Pappas for letting God use you in spite of my ridicule.
I want to thank my adopted step-mom, Pat, who has been an example to me of unconditional love and forgiveness. I hope your real daughters and family know how blessed they are, and I wish my dad had realized it too.
I want to thank my mom-in-law for accepting me, loving me and being such a good friend to me.
I want to thank my friends for never being offended when I answer the phone asking what they want...and for accepting that I don't small talk.
I want to thank Katy for so much laughter.
I want to thank my boys for bringing me more joy than I ever dreamed possible, and I forgive you for the stupid things you've done and what you've yet to do. It's been a learning process for all of us, and I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have. I love you both with every fiber of my being.
I want to thank Mark. I'll never, ever comprehend fully why you're with me, but thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

And...thank you all, for whatever reason you've stuck with me through this journey, you've blessed me.

28 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's very nice...you truly appreciate the people in your life.

I don't do small talk either...and I don't tag people, so thanks for not tagging me! ;-)

7:39 AM  
Blogger Johnnie Avocado said...

....*awkward music fades up as the presenters pry Kathi from the Microphone. The Crowd erupts into thunderous applause. The camera cuts to close-up of Mark with a proud smile, then to parents, with tears in eyes. Then another random close-up of Jack Nicholson, whereing his dark shades indoors and you can read his lips..."Yeah, ...she's hot!" hehe

Great Acceptance Speech.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Johnnie Avocado said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:39 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

3carnations ~ thanks, and yup, I try to.

johnnie ~ thanks, and I guess it's a good thing that Jacks got those dark glasses on if his comments are being reported here, lol. Better check that crowd again, my friend. :)

8:40 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

puffin ~ thanks, but I liked yours better. Only, you and I both know that the music woulda cut you off 1/4 of the way through your speech, lol.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

And I want to thank you for being so open with us and for 'staying real'. We love you Kath---and I am so thankful for YOU coming into the blogworld!

Love you!

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot the part about the sweaty hands the stomach ache for days before this deserving award. In fact I can't believe you even showed up. I really expected that excepting on your behalf Brad and Angalina flew in from Africa for the honor. LOL!!!!!
No Really, your gratitude for the joy in your life comes through in almost everything you write.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Brea said...

That was cute.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Happy Easter!!

12:15 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ right back at'cha, my bestest little blogging buddy.

katy ~ yeah, I've severed my ties with Brad and Angie. It's too hard to be their friends and Jen's so, I've had to cut them loose. And thanks Katy, even tho' it's a load of crap, thanks for the sentiment. LOL, Love you.

brea ~ yeah? then, YOUR turn. :)

wenchy ~ same to you darlin girl I really miss you, but I can't get onto your site for some reason, it shuts down or freezes my entire browser every time.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

That was really neat Kathi..

And Im sure that you look amazing hot..and wow lady..that is some cleavage! :)

5:08 PM  
Blogger j said...

i don't small talk either :). i think it's awesome that you took the time to do this, to put down in words all that you're thankful for. it makes it concrete and real.

9:04 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

i really enjoyed this.

i especially like just how grateful and happy you are for your life. i hope the people who have you around appreciate you as much as you appreciate them

10:07 PM  
Blogger Stacy-Deanne said...

Hi Kat, just dropping in to say hello. Forgive me for being absent lately but you know how it is. Have a good Easter!

10:51 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

anne ~ lol, isn't it though? :)

joey ~ I think I'd guessed that about you. Yes, as much as I hate to admit it ti Puffin, it was a decent tag.

8:35 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

sass ~ weeellllll, just knowin that I did something you like makes me happy. (yeah, it was sarcasm). And, yeah, I think they appreciate me toooooo much. Love ya squirt.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Hey, hey, hey, wait one doggone minute. Why are you calling me out?

I had a notion to do an acceptance speech post around the Oscars. I shoulda followed through with my plan.

8:45 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

stacy d ~ nope I don't know how it is, lol, but I've never been a successful author! Happy Easter to you, too, my sweet friend.

8:50 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

shawn ~ LOL...too funny. Those are the bloggin rules, darlin, I get to do what I want on my own little blog. And you'd just made those 'God' statements on your blog. LOL, I'm crazy about you, too funny.
Yeah, you shoulda done yours then, cause you know it's just waaaayyyy to late now, LOL.

8:52 AM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

I enjoyed your acceptance speech. Especially the God part...Who would have guessed...Have a nice Easter!

3:11 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

aoc ~ uhhhhmmmm, thanks? I'm hoping that I make it obvious and that no one would actually have to guess. Hope your Easter is blessed as well.

4:06 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

cm ~ please 'pg' it a bit, at the very least 'pg-13'. Sorry.

6:32 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

I would like to thank kathi for my first deleted post. Is that better? Have a nice Easter weekend. It might not have been PG, but it was funny. See ya.

7:10 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

cm ~ I know, and I'm sorry. Hope you and Seth have a great Easter, too.

7:21 AM  
Blogger DZER said...

dang ... guess I'm just one of the "little people" who always get left outta the thank-you speeches ... LOL

8:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'd like to thank - blah, blah, blah - yeah, WHATever. Hey, how much can I get for this award on Ebay? I mean is this gold plated or what? I don't do statues, and this bigheaded bald guy clashes with my African Art.

And hey!! I thought my agent said Halle Berry would be presenting this! You know how much this stupid monkey suit costs??

Man, I hate Hollyweird.

Happy Easter, love. I'm off to sing Easter Carols.

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely list. Its good for all of us to stop and appreciate the people in our lives once in a while. It truly is a beautiful thing to do

cheers

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool ma girl, very cool. When you cover something, you go all the way! Is it that "Everything's Big in Texas" thing? :)

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home