.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Sunday, April 09, 2006

A Waiting Weekend

It looks like the dishwasher may be fixed. But it's appeared that way before. :) My time window for the repairman was from 8 ~ 5 yesterday. He got here at 6:45 p.m. and left sometime after 9 this morning. Just joshin, 9 p.m. The guy was so frustrated, poor thing. It was the first repair guy they'd sent out last month, so he's been frustrated by my dishwasher before. He took everything apart, couldn't find anything not working, then installed all the new parts. For some reason, it worked. He kept saying he'd never seen anything like it. He said he couldn't file papers for a new one to replace this one, that it was up to his supervisor, but Sears had told me that it was up to the repairman to start the paperwork. I don't know. Anyway, it worked twice last night for him and I'm running it again this morning. Am I hoping it doesn't work? Not sure, I'm just frustrated. At least I do have 3 more years of warranty on it. With the FOUR visits from the repairmen and the new computer, new drain motor and valve and new hose and flaps they've installed, their receipts to me have totaled nearly $1000 on a dishwasher I paid around $500 for. Yeah, I'm glad I bought that extended warranty.

Mark is at the Texas Motor Speedway today, a guest of Lowe's. He's in their hospitality tent with breakfast, lunch and drinks complimentary, meeting Jimmy Johnson and sitting in Lowe's seats. Honestly, this sounds like a day of hell to me, but Mark is a Nascar fan. He was like a little kid at Christmas. He left at 5:30 a.m. That, alone, sounds crazy to me, but it couldn't come quick enough for him. So the boys and I are on our own today and I'm wondering what kind of trouble we can get into. I woke up with a sinus headache, so as soon the meds kick in, I'll start brainstorming. Guess I should wait and see if they have plans of their own. I forget how old they are sometimes. I may just be looking for trouble for one.

9 Comments:

Blogger Keasty said...

Thought at least Mark coulda invited me to the speedway just to show a bit of southern hospitality to an Aussie tourist!
Glad your washer is right!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

Dishwasher = wife? I thought that was how it worked in the south? I hope the sinus issues are feeling better. Just got back from a lousy meet in Green Bay. Not going to Texas in April, will probably bail on that one and just do Vegas in June, (if I can get this girl to come with and watch Seth.) A meet with a 5 year old, was funny...but not for me..lol..he was not ready for the all day deal.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Johnnie Avocado said...

Kathi,
That sounds like typical supervisor "Red tape". Good Luck.
(btw....I'm Puffin's Bro)

5:24 PM  
Blogger mikster said...

So were you on your own today or did you and the boys get into trouble together?

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess sooner or later they will replace the dishwasher, they are gonna get fedup of it :-D

Anyway, hope you had a good day today, take care and have a great week ahead

cheers

11:24 PM  
Blogger Brea said...

Modern conveniences are so great until something goes wrong. Thank goodness for that warranty!!

12:08 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

I had totally forgotten it was race day until I tried to drive to ADs house..so much traffic that way its nuts. My brother is a nascar crazy..i cant stand the stuff!

1:41 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

keasty ~ sorry guy! He had a great time, too...lol. :)

cm ~ once again, my buddy, my pal...you were wrong. Love ya though.

johnnie ~ hey johnnie! Thanks for the stop by! Yup, I agree with the red tape theory.

mike ~ a bit of both, actually.

tbg ~ you'd think. It worked for me yesterday.

brea ~ exactly!

anne ~ yup. Mark said they sat in the same spot for over an hour. He said there was a port-a-potty not far from the road and he and his friend had to use it 3 times before the traffic moved. But it was worth it, he had a BALL.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

extended warranties are a thing of beauty.

I don't get watching nascar. I would love to drive though

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home