.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Friday, April 07, 2006

Sick Kids and Dishwashers

Charlie has been home sick the last couple of days, and I don't care if he's throwing up in the car this morning, when we pull up in front of the school, he's getting out. Yeah, cast your votes for Mom of the Year here. Wednesday morning Charlie called me from school saying he'd gotten sick at lunch and didn't feel good. The school nurse said she'd sent four kids home so far that morning. After coming home, he laid in bed for maybe an hour watching t.v., then he was up and feeling not only good, but bored. I took him on my errands with me, and he ate and went to church with Casey that night. Felt great. Thursday morning he got up not feeling so well. Spent some time in the bathroom, carried his trash can around with him for awhile (yeah, he's good) and I knew that if I took him to school, I'd be getting a call from the nurse...again.
So, I sent him back to bed and he slept for a few hours. Now, let's keep in mind that just because Charlie doesn't go to school doesn't mean that I don't have to still give a ride to his friends. Yup, he gets to go back to bed and I'm still the mom taxi. Cool, it's all good. Within a couple of hours, he's up, he's feeling good and once again, I feel played. Oh well, who knows. But I do know that the kid is going to school this morning.
My kids are so different. The only time Casey has stayed home from school is when I've had to make him because he was so obviously sick. Charlie...not so much.

Tomorrow will make the fourth time Sears has sent someone out to work on my dishwasher in the last month. Less than a year after I bought it, it stopped draining. Is it so much to ask a $500 dishwasher to work for longer than 12 months? Apparently so, and that is why I had bought the 3 year extended warranty. When they were out Tuesday, they decided it's the drain pump, the computer and the flap thing in the hose. What does that leave that's working? Beats me. Anyway, if this doesn't fix it, they'll start the paper work for a new replacement. By the way, folks, it's a GE. My last GE purchase, I believe. Nah, probably not. I just bought a new GE washer that I'm crazy about (huge metal tub, can wash 15 pairs of jeans without overloading), but it's only a couple of months old. Fingers crossed. I mean, it's hard enough to get everyone to hand wash their own dishes while the dishwasher is out, can you imagine them hand washing their own clothes? Don't think so.

Okay, mission accomplished. Charlie is at school, I'm not working , no errands to run, no chores needing done and it's going to be a great day to sit outside and read. A heavy burden to carry, but I don't like to complain. :)

Enjoy your day.

19 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

Im so jealous..I would love to be curled up with a book right now!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

I would vote for you for Mom of the Year.

I have a GE dishwasher - and they just replaced some part. The guy (cute I might add) who was from Sears and worked on it recently suggested I keep it because it was a really reliable model. Since he was cute, I agreed. I don't know what the part was called, just that it cost about $120.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

You think it has anything to do with the cafeteria food? You said four kids got sent home? Just curious, because flu season is practically over, isn't it? Tell Charlie I hope he feels better!

As far as GE----I love GE appliances. Sorry for all the b/s it's putting you through.

So, shall I come by with some pina coladas and we can bask in the sun? What time? ... ;)

9:31 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Oh wait. My OCD reminded me that it's gonna be a sick household. (hehe)

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL oh Charlie, I remember those days. I would love to be at home also then being here at work. Enjoy you day off and have a good weekend.

xoxo to all
Abi

10:10 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

anne ~ and it's a Lisa Jackson book too, complete fluff...loving it.

Lessa ~ I just love you, thank you. Yeah, none of my service guys have been cute. Each time they leave me a receipt (I don't have to pay since it's covered) but it's totaled over $400 so far on 3 visits.

deb ~ LOL, c'mon over. Pina colada, margaritas...we'll do it all. All that alcohol will kill any of Charlies sick germs. :)
We'll just make sure to pickle ourselves to the fullest.

abi ~ yup, I bet you do remember hon. :) You have a great weekend too!

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

15 pairs of jeans at once! Wow, our household combined probably does not own 15 pairs of jeans, yet I'm amazed...

12:38 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

3carnations ~ Let's keep in mind that I've got 3 men here wearing jeans daily (and sometimes Charlie changes clothes for no reason, still, LOL) plus me. Other than towels, I usually only do laundry once a week. Now, wish I had a dryer that could hold them all at one time and how easy would my life be?

3:14 PM  
Blogger -Tommy said...

I really want to say something smartass but I can't think of anything right now. Ugh...pressure...building...nothing..coming...Have...a...nice...day...agh...

Oh, and Paris Hilton is not, repeat, not an actress.

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Motherhood: All love begins and ends here...
Charlie is really lucky...
I am out of my home from past year so n aftergoing thru ur post i

am feeling sAd...remembring all those who were my own all caring.


(sorry-last time i looked in that post i could not locate my comm.. but i checked it really is there..
y be my ErrOr ;-)

~Nasir Jeelani

4:40 AM  
Blogger Keasty said...

Hey... Charlie should be washing the dishes! That'd solve all your problems!
Currently in Dallas.... then... who knows...

6:50 AM  
Blogger sassinak said...

school was social purest hell for me so i'm all over charlie's side of the argument. yours is equally valid though *grin*

i love warranties.

and reading outside season is coming YAY!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

you are too cute some times.

if you want me to complain to GE or Sears for you I am available. ;-) You know how I do!

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the time i was a kid and my mom would sit beside me till I got well - As I recall I was a cranky kid too !

Perhaps you should talk to them about replacing the dishwasher ? - Its only going to give you more problems

cheers

11:30 PM  
Blogger DZER said...

hope the machine gets fixed and the boy gets "better" ... :)

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laundry once a week? Now I'm really amazed! With our 3 person household, I probably do 4 or 5 loads a week, not counting towels.

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Free dvd rom player software car reviews for 2006 bmw 550 Chevrolet houston buy valium online Bmw 523 wing mirror uk

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Toxic dose klonopin or clonazepam Mid-hudson fishing locations 16ft caravan awning Land rover site 1964 chrysler center cosmetic houston surgery Pictures of cell phones alltel Food-formed supplements Acyclovir reactions Hard drive compression Bentley cars houston tx email client skins stationery

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home