.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Friday, March 24, 2006

It's All Good

First, I've got to whine a bit about missing some of my favorite bloggers. They're either taking a hiatus or have quit, and I know they all have great reasons behind being gone...I just want to take a moment to say that I miss them very much. Sass wrote a post the other day about how we care for our on-line friends, and it's true. Actually, my on-line buddies don't get on my nerves nearly as much as my in the flesh friends do...but that's probably just me.


TEN THINGS I'M THANKFUL FOR
  1. Drew Pappas. Drew was a really decent guy that was with The Way Ministry when I was bartending. He'd come in every night and sit at my bar, drinking sodas and tolerating my hostility, sarcasm and nasty insults, to tell me that Jesus loved me. It was at a critical time in my life (no details this post, lucky you) and instead of another suicide attempt, I turned to God, challenging Him to prove Himself if He was real, like Drew believed He was. And He did. Thanks Drew.
  2. Being my sister's birthing coach when she had my niece, Brooke. It was the most amazing thing, going through her labor (as if....) and having even the smallest part in that wonderful event. I was probably the worst coach ever, but the experience left me humbled.
  3. My Grandma McIntire. She was always my rock. Sure and steadfast. Always loving me and taking my side. She was the only one that I let know where I was as I hitched around for a year or so, and she always sent me letters and money. She taught me what it was to care about someone unconditionally, and I learned that lesson well.
  4. Primo. An angel, protector and my only confidante during a very lonely time.
  5. Clay Robertson. He was there many times when Mark and I were in need without asking for anything in return. He was an employer of mine for about 5 years, and he had a soft spot at that time for helping us, a young, financially struggling, married couple. He gave us what he could and helped finance other things. He made life a lot more bearable at a difficult time for Mark and I. He was a Godsend at the time.
  6. Leaving Indiana for Texas. It was a complete act of faith, having no job waiting for me and less than $100 when I left Indiana, but God was faithful and rewarded me abundantly with Mark and my children.
  7. Mark. The most selfless, loving and generous man I've ever known.
  8. My friends. As much as I rag on them, they're there for me. Not an easy task.
  9. My blog. What an amazing tool to set feelings free, to give expression an outlet, to make a difference in the lives of others and to help us realize that we are, in fact, not alone in an often times lonely world.
  10. My children. Their laughter and their tears. Their joys and their heartbreaks. Their accomplishments and their failures. Their bravery and their vulnerability. My children.

Obviously, these were not in any order. They are, however, all valid and have all had a part in what has made me who I am today.
**Let me say, first and foremost, I am thankful to God for everything, from His Son, Jesus, to the air I breathe. Got called on that. And since I didn't, I'm changing the name of my list from Top 10 to just Ten. :) Thanks for calling me on it ______. Love you.

13 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

I do see a lot of bloggers fading fast. I guess the whole 'blogging etiquette' and other things that go along with blogging can be a bit draining for some; which is understandable.

Anyway, what a beautiful list of things to be thankful for. It's nice to see someone appreciate all that you do. I sometimes forget how thankful I "should" be and take a lot of things for granted.

Beautiful post Kath!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

That was a great post Kathi!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This was very nice. :)

4:27 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ yeah, you and I are in for the long haul, I'm a hoping anyway. If you leave, I'm a goner!

anne ~ thanks sweetie, how are you doin today?

sable ~ always the sweet talker, huh? lol. Thank you.

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm grateful for Blogger. Seriously.

7:13 PM  
Blogger SmileDragon said...

Fantastic post Kathi! Made me think of some of the things I am grateful for. Thanks!

9:03 PM  
Blogger DZER said...

nice list of things for which to be thankful ....

and I'm glad I'm not an ass often enough to get on your nerves ... only with putt-putt ... 21!!! Heh.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Stacy-Deanne said...

Hey Kat, I have a feeling I'm probably one of those you were missing. I know I haven't been around much but I do always think of my blog pals. I put up a new post yesterday. It completes my jealousy message, LOL! This one is uplifting and not about me but another lady. It's a cute post and I think you will agree with its message. Also, thanks so much for the nice things you said about my ITL interview. I feel you on missing bloggers. One of the ladies who just made my Top Ten Blogs the other week quit. It's sad isn't it? You automatically become attached to other blogs. I was just thinking about Storm too. I had no idea she was quitting.

1:15 PM  
Blogger -Tommy said...

10 things. There's something we don't do that often. Be thankful that is. it's kind of easy to overlook the stuff that is securely under your feet. It's the things you stil strive to reach that give you grief...

8:02 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Another well written, near tear jerking sentiment Mrs Hallmark. Your card shop opens when?

1:02 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

lbb ~ I love your blog!

crystal ~ thanks, I like your list too!

dzer ~ thanks...and what makes you think you're not an ass often enough?? :)

stacy d ~ you've got some real skill hon, I'm proud of you!

tom ~ heyyyy, glad to see you!

shawn ~ LOL, you're funny. Hey, anytime you feel like financing, let me know!

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://gpyczrof.com/zvdg/scgt.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://jsowedrs.com/ltyj/xnsa.html]Cool site[/url]

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://gpyczrof.com/zvdg/scgt.html | http://ieqfxhtd.com/mmue/epwq.html

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home