.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Spring Break, Day 3

G'morning y'all. We're on day 4 of Spring Break...the only thing I have planned today is to eat lunch at Long John Silvers. Do I splurge, or what?
Yesterday we started off with going to lunch. One of my favorite local restaurants is Joe's Bistro. Love the Mushroom Zita, mmmm baby! I add a lot of peppers and salt to it, but it's just the best. Charlie always orders a small (12 in.) pizza. Casey didn't want to eat there, thus the Long John Silvers today. However, he ordered a small pizza too. When it came, he sat there. I asked him if something was wrong with his pizza, as Charlie already had 3 pieces gone, and Casey said no, he just wasn't very hungry. Okay... So I asked if he's feeling okay and he said "yeah, I just had 6 (SIX) poptarts before we left". I'd taken my prozac for the day, so I just smiled and shook my head...and asked for a couple to-go boxes.

After leaving Joe's, we headed for Sprint to turn Caseys phone in. Recap...it went through the washer and dryer on Sunday, and when Casey had gotten a call on it, the caller could hear Casey, but Casey couldn't hear the caller. Up to speed now. So, we're in the car on the way to Sprint to take advantage of the warranty I pay on it, and Casey gets a call. He answers and a conversation followed. He hangs up, and I asked him who it had been. He tells me...and it's not registering with him. I smile, and asked him what they'd wanted...he tells me. So, I pull into a parking lot off the interstate and said "So...hon, you could hear what they said to you?" As he gives me a look like I'm mildly slow, he answers "yeah", and though he didn't say it, I know there was a "duh" in there. "Hmmmmm, so the phone is working?" You can see the lights come on and you suddenly know that someone is now home. "OH, YEAH". I drop him off at a store and drove about a mile down the road and called him on his phone. He answers, hears me just fine. We hang up, I drive further and call again, and it's still a go. So, no need for Sprint after all. Who would have thought that you could actually wash and dry a cell phone? We're a commercial waiting to happen.

Now with our allotted Sprint time freed up, Charlie wants to go downtown Dallas and do the JFK museum again...probably for about the 4th time. Now, as much as I love the museum...no, I didn't want to do it again. Not that day, anyway. Actually, I had a pretty severe headache. Wasn't helped much when Charlie earlier threw a heavy rubber ball for one of the dogs and hit me square in the head. He laughed, I cried...he cried, I laughed. After it was all laughed and cried out, I was still in a bunch of pain. We went home and I got a couple of pain pills and off we go...to the MOVIES. Am I a sucker or what? They really wanted to see The Hills Have Eyes again and, admittedly, I wanted to see it. I'd give anything if we'd not gone! I can't get this film out of my mind. Oh, don't get me wrong...terror, gore...it had it all. But there are a couple of parts (okay, 4) that I can't get out of my mind. I'm not sharing, for all of you who might see it, but it is haunting me. My husband said the same thing when I'd told him I'd taken the kids back to see it. Recap again...hubby and the boys had gone to see it on Sunday. He'd come home telling me he didn't like it very much...but when I asked if it was scary, he'd said yeah. Now I know why he didn't like it. It was well done, c'mon, it's a Wes Craven film, so fill in the blanks. It's not Oscar material. But for a horror flick, pretty good. But, it's mostly for the cold of heart. And yet, somehow...I still didn't like it.

And tell me this, HOW DID KEVIN REMAIN SAFE LAST NIGHT ON AMERICAN IDOL??? Are there honestly that many grandparents watching this show. Maybe it needs to be on later in the evening. Why do I care? I don't know...it's Spring Break and my life is at a stand still, somewhat. Yeah, the kid is 'cute' in a "this is my kid and I've tried as hard as I could" kind of way...but c'mon! And the kid had attitude on Tuesday that I, for one, didn't find cute at all. Did Melissa forget the words Tuesday? Oh yeah. Actually the better question would be if she remembered any of the words. And still...she was 200 times better than Kevin.

When the boys got home last night from church (Wednesday is teen night), Casey asked me if Charlie had told me that he (Casey) had chugged gravy? What? Yeah, Casey chugged gravy on a dare. Well, I'm a June Cleaver type of mom (shut up all of you who know me...you know who you are) so my first question was if he was okay? It may have been the second question with 'are you an idiot' being first, but they got home kinda late and I'd been asleep, so I'm not sure. But I know 'are you okay' was in there somewhere. He said that he felt fine and I fell back asleep. Now, at 5:30 a.m., I'm wondering why would they allow a kid to chug gravy at church? And why do they even have gravy at church? Better write myself a note to ask him about it later when they're up. But, c'mon...can there really be a reasonable answer?

Mark wasn't feeling well last night. He's past half way in his treatment now for Hepatitis C, and his last test results came back really great. But he continues with the treatment, which one of the side effects can be severe flu like symptoms. That's what he had last night. Cold, achey, he felt pretty bad. So, please lift him up today in your prayers.

That's it for me so far today. Hope your day is joyous, playful and full of laughter. Actually, that's my hope for my day, too.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

6 Pop Tarts? I hope you buy in bulk!

I'll say a prayer for Mark.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Nameless Faceless said...

Just yet another Hello to you and the family and to say that i dropped by after a long time.
I was on holidays for almost 2 months visiting family back home; and it was a nice break away from law school(that is where i am). Between, blogging took a back seat.
have a nice time.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell Casey I won't be impressed till he eats 6 pop tarts swimming in gravy! The flavor combination is up to him... strawberry w/ beef
chocolate w/ turkey, mix it up a little.
Sorry you and Mark were feeling so crappy yesterday.Hope today is better.

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, your days are so intresting, something new happens everyday. And those kids of yours, handful! Gravy?!?! I love them anyway. Man, what a dare, no chicken to go with that? I guess I'm hungry it breakfast time for me, and then after that I want to take a nap, but that's not happening, I'm at work. So glad to hear that Mark's treatment is going good for him, my prayers are with him and your family. Enjoy your Spring Break while you can. How long are they out for?

xoxo
Abi

8:03 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I want to see The Hills Have Eyes so badly! I love horror flicks!

How does a phone work after it's been washed and dried? That is fricken amazing---Sprint should give you guys royalties for this post! Seriously.

Long John Silver's? My first boyfriend used to be the manager of that place, and he would bring me a bag of that home! The hush puppies were the best----(am I remmebering correctly? They're called hush puppies, right?)
Anyway--great stuff there---heart attack on a plate---but so gooooooood!

Kevin is still on AI!!! HOW? WHY? WTF? (LOL) I am almost CERTAIN that there are teeny-boppers---no wait--fifth graders out there voting for him as well as their grandmothers. That is too weird. And the naughty minx? *drools* But...not into her voice. But....*drools*... Something about a cute southern girl who can't pronounce calamari the right way. Ugh---be still my heart! *gush*

Ummm...about the gravy... You mean, 'turkey gravy'----that kind? Or 'alcohol gravy'? Or marinara 'gravy'? What are you referring to?

Great post! I can see you had your coffee this morning!

Love ya! xxoo

9:34 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Ummm...I believe I just made a nonchalant sexual induendo towards you.

"Cute southern blonde who can't pronounce calamari the right way."

Hmm... Blogger's sexual harrassment?

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gravy huh? Reminds me of the movie Super Troopers...the cops chug bottles of syrup *shutters* yes, syrup.

Glad to know the phone is working again and that Mark is past half way on his treatments. Sorry he's feeling bad, though.

Hope the rest of your spring break is good! Love ya :)

9:43 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

3carnations ~ 15 and 16 year old boys and a husband...what'cha think? Thanks for the prayer, appreciated.

katy ~ you're so hard on kids! Can't you ever just let up a little? You know what would make us feel better? Your soup! Charlie still talks about it.

abi ~ thanks for your prayers babe. They're out for ONE week, then I'M on vacation for a week (kidding).

deb ~ go, and tell me what you think. Yeah, I actually should get payback from Sprint...what a great idea! You can't remember 'hush puppies' and you're making fun of a girl not pronouncing calamari? Hmph! Okay, and get this...Kevin wasn't even in the bottom THREE!! I caught it on the news this morning. The bottom three was Lisa, Melissa and Ace. Unfreakin believable! Oh, just asked...it was white gravy. LOL

deb ~ :) I'm not concerned babe...I can pronounce calamari. :)

nikki ~ super troopers? not seen it, but syrup? hmmmmm.
Thanks for the thoughts about Mark.
2 more days to go...Yay! :) LOL Love you TOO.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Not fair..I just washed my phone and it died for forever. Maybe if I had went ahead and dryed it would be okay?

I want to see that movie so bad..but I tend to get worked up over the really scary parts and I have been having the scary dreams anyway. I probably will still see it..Im a sucker for punishment.

Enjoy the Long Johns..I havent had that in forever. A hushpuppy sounds pretty good. And..I need to go check out the JFK museum. I live in dallas..it should be required!

11:39 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

anne ~ yeah, who knew? We blowed dried it for the screen (as advised by Charlie...how scary is it that he knows this stuff?)
Let me know what you think of the movie, it is a scary.
No LJS in forever? What's up with that? LOL, mmm mmm good. :)
And yeah, the JFK, awesome. We've been here 22 years and anytime anyone from up north comes they want to see it...so seen it bunches.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

Was JFK the guy that was murdered by the Star Wars guy?

6:31 PM  
Blogger DZER said...

happy spring break ... but long john silver's ... bleah.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I will remember Mark in my prayers. Hep C can be rough. BTW, I actually got naseous thinking about the gravy thing. Although I could absolutely relate to the poptarts thing. I sometimes fix a sandwich or two while I'm cooking dinner. Why wait? There's already food!!

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home