.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Sunday, March 12, 2006

uno más, uno más!!

I had mentioned in a post in December that one of Mark's Christmas gifts to me was a card telling me that I had his 'blessing' (the word permission just irks me) to get another cat, and he gave me a blank check to cover whatever adoption fee and necessities I'd have to pay for. Well...Merry Christmas! Meet Gato...
Gato just turned 4 months old. I adopted him from PetSmart this weekend where I met his foster mom too. She has had him since he was born (his mom was in her care too) so he's been loved since day one. He's such a sweet kitten, very people friendly. After one day, he's holding his own with our 3 big dogs and my other 2 cats. He also cuddles and gives me kisses!
His name was Heath when I got him, but I'm not crazy about that name and I know Stacy D would give me a hard time about it too, so we threw around some names and we all agreed on Gato (means cat in spanish). He's got an exclamation mark on his nose, a straight line down his nose with a dot at the end. He's soooo cute! I love him already...we all do.

Soooo....to my hubby:
Thanks baby, thank you for my Christmas present, I love you very much!!


Here are a couple of other pictures, one of Gato and one of my other two cats, Trouble and Bob Bob:
















Yes, Bob Bob and Gato resemble one another, except that Bob Bob is a long hair Tuxedo and a female. :)

18 Comments:

Blogger Wenchy said...

I am not big on animals (bad me) but clearly you loving the permission granted. :)

1:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how cute is that! Awesome name, very unique. And only 4 months old?!?! My puppy will be 4 months and its getting big already. I like it when they are small.

xoxo
Abi

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you finally found a match! I'll have to come over and check the little bugger out :) I hope he's all the lap cat you could imagine and more! Cute cute cute :)

9:43 AM  
Blogger Hasan Mubarak said...

They are so cute! I've always wanted a cat for myself. Just couldn't get it.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Trailady said...

Congrats on your new addition!! Cats can be so sweet! I had 2 foul tempered psycho cats dumped on my by my mom. One has vanished, so now I only have one left to deal with. Seriously, they BITE! I never had a cat with such a mean spirit before. I'm glad your new Gato is a sweetie. Enjoy!! :o)

10:56 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Ahhhhhhhh


Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh





Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh









CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!






Sorry. Was allergic to this post! I do have to admit that the black and white cat is just adorable! Looks like a penguin dressed up in a cat suit.


Okay, I need my meds. I know. I know. Back to the psyche ward!

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is Mark must love you to death because it is quite obvious that the animals are running the kennel (I think you like it that way). Seriously don't you every once in awhile feel just a little out numbered? Are you on the multi animal discount program at Petsmart?
Which is more, your human food bill or you pet food bill every month?
Toilet paper or kitty litter, which costs more?
I know what your going to say it doesn't matter! These animals bring so much love and happiness to us that you can't put a price on that.
I too like Mark know how happy your pets make you and your family.
Gato is pretty cute!I just couldn't resist giving you a hard time.
Tell Mark I am praying for his Mom. She overcame it once maybe this time too.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

Do they BOTH taste like chicken?

3:19 PM  
Blogger SmileDragon said...

Cute kitties! Congrats on your new baby! I wish I could have cats, but a few years back we discovered that I am highly allergic to them. :(

6:12 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

wenchy ~ yup, loving it

abi ~ thanks baby girl...how are you?

nikki ~ I'll check your purse before you leave to make sure you're highjacking Gato!

hasan ~ thanks, how come you could'nt get one?


trailady ~ thanks! I've never had a bad cat, how sad for you.

deb ~ you're such a goofball.

katy ~ yeah, was gonna call to see if you could spare a couple of bucks. LOL...he's a cutie...you'd like him...and so would ANDREW!! Thanks for praying for Marks Mom...

cm ~ butthead! :)

6:16 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

crystal ~ thanks...and so sad about you being allergic. You and deb both...too sad.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

sooo cute. I love animals and you black and grey tabby looks just like my old cat "kitty". ( I know how orginal...lol) I wish I had more time to devote to animals or I'd have more.

You're Hubby is awesome!!

8:34 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

jan ~ thank you! :) I know you love animals, your Cerebus is as precious as they come!!
And yeah, my hubby is pretty cool. :)

10:09 PM  
Blogger SmileDragon said...

Yeah, we had 2 cats, our babies, and they both passed away *I'll blog about that later*, but as soon as we "Krbied" the entire house my leakey eye *again, later* quit leaking. It really does suck too, 'cause Hubby DID NOT like cats when I met him, and I turned him into a cat lover. Now we can't have them. :(

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Gato and Bob Bob get along ! - You do have a very nice husband !

cheers

11:48 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

What a great present! All of your cats are adorable! :)

9:49 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

crystal ~ how sad is that?? dang.

tbg ~ thanks, and yes I do. :) I really enjoy seeing you around.

anne ~ thank you so much, and I agree...it's one of my two favorite all time presents from him.

10:29 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

that happened to me sort of. i have a white cat and went to get a sort of 'complementary' cat and got one who is half white and half tabby... talk about complement.

anyway, gato is damm cute and your tuxedo is so beautiful. :)

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home