.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Friday, March 03, 2006

Circle Of Three

People are so different. It's a good thing, makes for great blog reading. Also makes for a great group of friends. I like an open book type of person. Anyone who really knows me, knows that I don't hesitate asking a question if there is something I want to know. I'm not unaware that I can be a pain in the butt, as all my close friends are painfully aware of as well. However, if I don't ask questions chances are that I don't really care if I know or not. So, my friends have come to realize that my inquiries are a sign of my letting you into the inner circle of my comfort zone.

I have three friends that know my complete business...my good, my bad and my hideously ugly. I'd trust these three friends with truths that I even sometimes try to hide from myself. I can honestly say they've never put that proverbial finger in my face, they've never even brought up my 'uglies'. I bring them up occasionally and they've never judged me. Real friends. I love this group. I hope they know that I love them. I always tell them I love them, but still, I hope they know how much. Not only do I love them, but I appreciate them. I'm thankful for them. I'd gone nuts, crazy, psycho even, without having had them to confide in, hold my hand and wipe my tears.

There are some people that you meet, that you instantly like and want to be friends with. Hindsight is 20/20...that's the saying, yes? We've all learned the hard way. Sometimes when 'friends' betray a trust, turn their back on you, put their needs before your own, it's such a crushing feeling. There is something about some people that makes you want them to be your friend. Maybe their humor, maybe their personality, maybe even their looks or the way they 'carry' themselves. But they don't pass the test of time. We do live and learn. I've lived and learned and continue to do so. There are a few things I know to be true. One, that God loves me. Two, that I will always love my children. Three, that I am truly blessed to have my three friends.

Off to teach the hounds of hell. Enjoy your day.

18 Comments:

Blogger mikster said...

Gotta love a woman who admits to being a pain in the butt!

*snickers*

9:16 AM  
Blogger mikster said...

HA!!....1st!!

9:16 AM  
Blogger SmileDragon said...

Its wonderful once you can find a friend or two that you can confide anything in, and they won't judge you, isn't it?

I'm glad you have them.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

Can I take your kindness as a form of weakness? I understand they will kick you out of Texas for that. Michigan needs some more good people, bring the whole family, haha. I love my kids. I tell more in blogs than I have ever told to friends. I let little things out...but never have I told anyone...everything...don't think it will happen in this lifetime...

1:36 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

mike ~ my first...lol. And babe, I'd never deny the obvious.

crystal ~ friends are good, true friends are the best.

cm ~ never, ever mistake my kindness for weakness. :) I'm sure you and I are a lot alike in that area too.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Awe, but Mikey, ain't she a cute pain in the butt? Love her!

You know, there's a saying (you probably all heard) Some people you meet for a reason, a season and/or for a lifetime. Sometimes people just come into your life to help you out with a certain situation--to get you through a rough time, but not there for the long haul, and that's okay.

God puts people in our lives for a reason. I'm glad we all have our 'lifers' and sometimes we have those temporary buddies. It's all good. It does hurt when a friend does betray you. Again, like you said Kath, live and learn.

Great post! xxoo

8:25 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Oh Kathi..that was a good one. I have been dealing with my own friend issues lately, it makes you so thankful for those like your 3 that are just there no matter what. I hope that everyone has some friends as nice as those. :)

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had three but the one I have means the world to me.

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its always nice to have someone to talk to. Someone to confide it. Nice post and like you I have two friends like this, but they 15000 miles away !

cheers

4:19 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

it seems to take forever for your comments window to pop open.

boy don't I know how much you like to ask questions... :-)

I don't think I could let one person know all there is to know about me. I always have to have a few private things that are just for me. I have no idea why I am like that.

9:15 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

deb ~ I'd never heard that saying, honest. But I like it. Even though some friendships may not work out, I still believe they happened for a reason. Live and learn.

anne ~ and thanfully, I know how blessed I am to have them.

katy ~ awwwww. YOU KNOW EVERY SECRET (good and bad) ABOUT ME. My best friend ever and I love you with all my heart...98% of the time, LOL. :) Hugs!!

tbg ~ I love your site, thanks for visiting.

shawn ~ does my comment window give you problems? I'm sorry, any idea why?
Yeah, I thought of you when I said that about the questions. And you only answer what you WANT to, lol. But, doesn't stop me from asking, does it?

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you mean 98%? I want my 2%

12:55 PM  
Blogger Stacy-Deanne said...

Kat, I recently shared something personal about my past. Check out my " My Strange, Strange Old Relationship " post.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

you find out who your friends are, when you ain't got a dime...

I think people come and go for a reason too. Blogging, for instance, is fun. Most people come and visit for a while, then they move on

1:37 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

katy ~ yeah, like that will happen.

stacy d ~ checkin you out.

phil ~ exactly.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Greg - Cowboy in the Jungle said...

As always you find the letters that make the words, the words that make the sentences, the sentences that make the paragraphs, the paragraphs that make the story, and the story that makes me stop dead in my tracks and think.

9:29 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

greg ~ thanks so much for that, but are you sure you were reading something I wrote?

10:12 AM  
Blogger Nabeel said...

i have two trust worthy friends that i've known from highschool .. one is in development .. so the circle might grow.. and this is back home

here .. i have two friends I can depend on

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home