.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Whose Talk Are You Walking?

I finished reading a book, When Heaven Weeps by Ted Dekker, last week. Both my mom-in-law and my sister-in-law had read Dekkers series and had been wanting me to read them for the longest time. They're Christian novels. They know how I love to read and they loved this series.
There are many reasons why I did not enjoy this book. It's based on the principles of the book of Solomon from the Bible, but in modern day. The problem that hurt me to the core was that the book of Solomon was before Christ, before His sacrifice for us. So the principles that applied to Solomon do not apply to us today. I'm talking about the principles of having to suffer and work for our redemption.
Okay, I'm rambling here. The reason I bring this up is because of one line that caught my attention in the book.
Are your words louder than your life?
I know I've heard this a hundred different ways...but this stopped me and I've been applying it to many things the last few days. I think especially on blogging, it's easy for us to put our words out there. We love putting our best words forward for the world to see and judge us by. We can make ourselves be whoever we want to be in this tiny space of the cyber world. But then we let those readers into our actual life occasionally...and do the two compliment each other or oppose?
Does our walk mirror our talk, or does it give reason to question our talk?
Food for thought today. I'm still a geography teacher, so I need to stop 'talking' and start walking. Enjoy your day.

8 Comments:

Blogger Read This said...

You are making me think...aaahhh..the pain...stop it...it hurts...new feeling...errrr. Interesting topic, one I need to ponder, (Is that a Texan word...ponder?)

7:01 AM  
Blogger mikster said...

Yeah...I have to tone my blog down and quit making myself sound so...um...sophisticated and suave.

*snickers*

7:47 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Great thought provoking topic! You know, I’ve thought about this many times. For myself, I have many different aspects to my “person”. My words are all truth on my blog---but my character is not quite developed into “one role”….What I mean by that is, I have a side of me that is quiet, a side that is comical, a side of me that’s depressed and full of anxiety, and a side of me that shows my wild side. Then some people can tackle the fact that I’m Christian---and call me an oxymoron. But people should judge not.

I think blogging brings a great outlet to anyone who wants to let others see ‘every’ side of them. That’s how it is for me. There are people in my ‘real life’, that have no clue that I’m a lesbian, or that my faith in Christ is huge, and may not know my comical side as well as my depressed nature. Sometimes I let them in------and sometimes I decide not to.

What about yourself? From what I see, you have many sides that are all positive. You’ve shown us what a great person you are---which I can’t see otherwise.

Thanks for this great post!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The few people who have met me outstide of blogging see the complexity of this situation. I am exactly who people see on my blog, but I am not only who they see. In fact my sister who is a year older is astounded to know the "soft" side that I share on my blog. I have another side that is as hard as this is soft.

People see one, or the other, depending on how close I let them. My close friends never see the hard side, but know I have one. I let you see the real me first, then if you hurt me, you see the hardass me. He's ruthless, and blunt, but he protects me.

I've been told that I'm much less serious (or funnier) in person. Few people know that I speak in characters when I am in a silly mood. I think there are nuances that don't come out.

I just have problems with people who paint themselves to be who they aren't. But it takes a lot more than reading a blog to figure out a person's complexities.

Always teaching, huh Kathi? :) xoxoxo

3:01 PM  
Blogger j said...

wow, those words ring so true. i contemplate this a lot, and when i think i'm not being true to myself with my published words, i take a step back, edit myself, try to portray a true picture of myself. it's hard though, i have to admit.

3:33 PM  
Blogger MZPEACH said...

That's a truly profound message Kathi.

4:29 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

cm ~ a mind is a terrible thing to waste...wait...wasn't that the question on your blog recently? LOVE YA.

cassanove, errr, I mean mike ~ wake up babe, you're dreaming again.

deb ~ I'm pretty much what you read is what you get. A sarcastic loner who loves a few passionately.

sable ~ exactly. Oh, and not after 3:40 p.m., thank you. :)xoxo


joey ~ I can see that about you from what I read. hugs babe.

gp ~ LOL, yeah?? My sweet Georgia Peach, compared to your posts lately, mine is a Garfield cartoon. You, lady, amaze me.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Nabeel said...

Q: Are words louder than your life?
A: Actions [life] speak louder then words

i know .. we all need a mirror to see if our walk mirrors our talk

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home