.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

MY LIFE AS I LIVE IT

I'm a single mom with two great kids living near Dallas, Texas. This is my life; day to day things that are probably only important to me. This is my record of my ups, my downs and the road that I've taken along the way. For whatever reason YOU'RE here, I hope you find something you can enjoy and/or relate to. God bless.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Monday, February 06, 2006

More Funny Stuff

Dear Internal Revenue Service:

Enclosed you will find my 2005 tax return showing that I owe
$3,407.00 in taxes. Please note the attached article from the USA
Today newspaper; dated 12 November, wherein you will see the Pentagon (Department of Defense) is paying $171.50 per hammer and NASA has paid $600.00 per toilet seat.

I am enclosing four (4) toilet seats (valued @ $2,400) and six (6) hammers valued @ $1,029), which I secured at Home Depot, bringing my total remittance to $3,429.00. Please apply the overpayment of $22.00 to the "Presidential Election Fund," as noted on my return. You can do this inexpensively by sending them one (1) 1.5" Phillips Head screw (see aforementioned article from USA Today newspaper detailing how H.U.D. pays $22.00 each for 1.5" Phillips Head Screws). One screw is enclosed for your convenience.
It has been a pleasure to pay my tax bill this year, and I look forward to paying it again next year.

Sincerely,

A Satisfied Taxpayer

4 Comments:

Blogger kathi said...

..."in the great capital punishment state of texas"...you say that like it's a bad thing. :)

Hey, I stole it too...just pay Greg a visit and tell him hello.

p.s....again, glad you're back.

8:17 AM  
Blogger mikster said...

I'll bet there's a lot of postage involved in this tax payment huh?

9:31 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I need a good screw.











Ooohhh did I just say that out loud?

10:02 AM  
Blogger mikster said...

Deb!?!....well...ok.....sometimes ya gotta state your needs I guess....lol

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home